By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard | Game Pass Reaches 25m Subscribers

Finally got the museum to work.

However, nothing makes really sense. It says that I own 360 on the card but apparently the Series console is my first Xbox hardware....
Also I got 0 achievements even though my first rare achievements seems to be a recent one from the San Andreas Definitive Edition. My most played game shows a picture of AC Odyssey (which is correct) but the text says CoD BlOps II (eew).

At least the summary card seems to be a little better:

Gamerscore is correct but I'm missing almost 10,000 achievements and over 200 played games.

Around the Network

Just checked my timeline for most played games each year.

• 2011 - Gears of War 2
  • 2012 - Gears of War 3
  • 2013 - Gears of War: Judgment
  • 2014 - FIFA15
  • 2015 - FIFA15
  • 2016 - FIFA16
  • 2017 - PvZ: Garden Warfare II
  • 2018 - Sea of Thieves
  • 2019 - Sea of Thieves
  • 2020 - Gears 5
  • 2021 - Football Manager 2021

In 2017 my son was 5 and started playing Plants vs Zombies. Today he's 9 and we're playing Halo Infinite together. He's actually pretty good, had K/D of 18/10 in CTF quickplay match :P

These kinds of issues were predictable when the multiplayer was announced as f2p. I only hope the campaign somehow justifies everything up to this point, otherwise someone needs to explain to me what's happened to all that dev time and money.

gtotheunit91 said:

Anybody know where the below samurai armor set is in the fracture event in Infinite? It was heavily marketed but I don't see it in the free tier pass or in the store.

It's the special event. Not part of the others.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

Gotta say...this "free" event pass is pretty trash. All you get is a base armor core, and a couple attachments for it months down the line. It's really just an excuse to push you to the store so you buy all the stuff for it that they won't let you unlock for free, which - of course- is basically everything.

Yeah, people are pissed on Waypoint and I assume the reddit is the same. I have also seen lots of Youtubers making videos criticizing the greed of the event. 343 needs to get their monetization model in check asap, they are going to lose alot of people if they don't.

For starters, store pricing needs to be lowered, today we have $18 for an armor set and stance, $13 for a daisho sword set and some emblems, $9 for a gun color/barrel attachment/shuriken ornament/nameplate background bundle, and $6 for an armor color and some shoulder pads. You can buy whole ass AAA games in the current Xbox Black Friday sale for less than some of these Halo cosmetic bundles. We should never be paying more than maybe $8 for any cosmetic bundle in the store.

Then they need to add some free way to get store credits, like maybe 5-10 credits per daily challenge and 15-25 per weekly challenge depending on the difficulty of the weekly. 

Then they need to do a rethink on the whole weekly challenges thing with needing to do all weeklies to get free cosmetics, as the weeklies are currently forcing playstyles on people that they don't like, that will drive people away real quick. Weeklies should feel like an optional thing to progress faster, not a chore that forces you to play Halo like 25 hours in a week to unlock a cosmetic.

They are cosmetics, not essential. You can unlock free cosmetics by playing for free. No one is forcing you to buy those paid ones. They probably base pricing on what MMOs do with their cosmetic stores. If you can't afford then don't buy. If enough don't buy they will lower their prices, simple as that.

Around the Network

If a game is fun/attractive skin prices doesn't matter, Fortnite items probably cost 25-50K$ if you want to own all (Would be nice to do the math but I am to lazy).

Halo armour and attachments should be more user friendly, the fact that someone could end buying an attachment but doesn't own the correct armour is an issue, also need more stuff to be free with additional events/battlepass.

Never expected Fable anyways.

Show me Avowed!

Finally got enough FH5 season points for the Radical RXC... only needed one more point, but both last daily quests of this season are broken.

You can't get "Explorer" if you already won all expeditions.

You can't get "Riveting" if you already won all Horizon Stories.

Dulfite said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, people are pissed on Waypoint and I assume the reddit is the same. I have also seen lots of Youtubers making videos criticizing the greed of the event. 343 needs to get their monetization model in check asap, they are going to lose alot of people if they don't.

For starters, store pricing needs to be lowered, today we have $18 for an armor set and stance, $13 for a daisho sword set and some emblems, $9 for a gun color/barrel attachment/shuriken ornament/nameplate background bundle, and $6 for an armor color and some shoulder pads. You can buy whole ass AAA games in the current Xbox Black Friday sale for less than some of these Halo cosmetic bundles. We should never be paying more than maybe $8 for any cosmetic bundle in the store.

Then they need to add some free way to get store credits, like maybe 5-10 credits per daily challenge and 15-25 per weekly challenge depending on the difficulty of the weekly. 

Then they need to do a rethink on the whole weekly challenges thing with needing to do all weeklies to get free cosmetics, as the weeklies are currently forcing playstyles on people that they don't like, that will drive people away real quick. Weeklies should feel like an optional thing to progress faster, not a chore that forces you to play Halo like 25 hours in a week to unlock a cosmetic.

They are cosmetics, not essential. You can unlock free cosmetics by playing for free. No one is forcing you to buy those paid ones. They probably base pricing on what MMOs do with their cosmetic stores. If you can't afford then don't buy. If enough don't buy they will lower their prices, simple as that.

Microtransactions are ok, everybody knew that Halo Infinite would have them, afterall it's a free to play game and every free to play multiplayer game and most pay to play multiplayer games on the market these days have MT's. The issue is not the fact that they have microtransactions, it's the way that the whole game has been designed around bilking players out of their money, it's predatory:

• A vast majority of cosmetics can only be purchased through the in-game store, with pricing as high as $18 per bundle, and no way to earn store credits in-games. A Datamine of all planned season 1 store cosmetics shows more than $1000 in microtransactions for just the first season. Considering this game is planned to receive as many as 10 years of support with 3 months per season being planned, we are looking at as many as 40 seasons of content, which would mean that 10 years from now the total microtransaction value of the game could be as high as $40,000 if they don't do something about the pricing before then (an unlikely scenario I know, but there is no doubt that if the current pricing model is kept we could reach microtransaction values over $10,000 at least over the course of the game's support).
  • Free players are given access to almost nothing right out of the gate; you get one armor set, a handful of armor colors, a handful of emblems and nameplates, and a weapon charm. For free players to earn more they either have to grind out all weekly challenges to get a single free cosmetic for the week, or patiently wait through the very slow progression of the seasonal Battlepass and the once monthly Fractures Tenrai event Battlepass, to unlock the comparative handful of free cosmetics available in each Battlepass compared to the number of paid cosmetics which are in the seasonal Battlepass and weekly store rotation. 
  • The weekly challenges to unlock the single free weekly cosmetic actively make the game worse. They encourage playstyles that often hurt teammates, playstyles that make the game less fun to play for most people. In addition, the lack of playlist options makes getting the exact gametype and map you need for one of your weekly challenges a total luck based crapshoot, which is encouraging players to quit out of game and abandon their teammates because they didn't get the exact map and gametype they needed for a weekly challenge. This was all done in order to strongarm people into buying challenge swaps with real money.
  • The game has been designed with very slow battlepass progression in order to strongarm people to buy XP boosts and level skips with real money. I am currently at level 21/100 on the Battlepass after playing 50 hours of Halo Infinite, which suggests you need to play a bit less than 250 hours per season to finish the Battlepass without using any XP boosts or level skips, much too slow for any casual Halo player to finish a battlepass once later seasons switch to 3 months (only the first season is 6 months in order to give the dev team an easier workload as they recuperate from pre-launch crunch). 
  • The much advertised "free" event, Fractures Tenrai, isn't truly free, there are actually more paid cosmetics associated with Fractures Tenrai than there are free cosmetics available in the free Battlepass. The combined value of just this week's Fractures Tenrai cosmetics is $45, and each of the 5 times that Fractures Tenrai returns during the 1st season it will have different store cosmetics, meaning that after all 5 Fracture Tenrai events the total value of paid Fractures Tenrai store cosmetics could reach $225 assuming pricing isn't lowered before the end of the season, so much for it being a "Free" event. 
  • The cosmetics are purposefully designed to be limiting to encourage re-buying things. For instance you can unlock a color that only works on one armor core, forcing you to re-buy that same color combination for other armor cores later on down the line. Same goes for many other armor pieces you can buy, which are limited to working with only one armor core and can't be swapped into other armor cores. 

I'm not even joking to you when I say that Halo Infinite is close to being the most predatory game I have ever played. Only Overwatch gives it a run for it's money, with it's randomized gambling lootboxes and limited time events where cosmetics cost 3x more credits than normal cosmetics do, which is designed to force people to potentially buy dozens of randomized lootboxes during each event in order to get the exact item they want. Halo Infinite is only better than Overwatch because of direct purchase microtransactions vs randomized gambling lootboxes in Overwatch. Halo Infinite has worse microtransactions than any other game I have played besides Overwatch; Dead By Daylight, CoD Warzone, Star Wars Battlefront 2 (during the latter 9/10ths of it's life after it's overhaul), worse even than Halo 5 (which had roughly $1000 in randomized lootbox microtransactions over the life of the game, but you could earn lootboxes in-game instead of being forced to pay for them with real money); all had better microtransaction systems than Halo Infinite has in it's current state. You know something is dead wrong when Halo Infinite has worse microtransactions than this year's CoD from Activision and this year's Battlefield from EA, but it truly does have worse MT's than those do.  

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 November 2021