By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard | Game Pass Reaches 25m Subscribers

What Activision-Blizzard IP Should Xbox Bring Back First?

Blur 1 3.57%

Guitar Hero 4 14.29%

Hexen 0 0%

King’s Quest 1 3.57%

Prototype 3 10.71%

Spyro the Dragon 4 14.29%

StarCraft 8 28.57%

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3 10.71%

Other 4 14.29%

Total:28
coolbeans said:

3.) With the same, comfortable UI still comes annoyances I've with Xbox One's for years. I understand and appreciate their focus on universalizing Xbox as one cohesive thing, but you do wonder what new wrinkles they *could* do to it while maintaining compatibility.

Xbox UI changed a lot over they years, the current one only exists for about 1 month so I bet it will keep changing again and again. 

And I'm not talking about small changes for the most part, I'm talking about changes bigger than ps4 -> ps5.

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

They seem to be expanding for the new IP they've been working on for the past 2 years. They are already quite large, probably would be the 4th largest Xbox studio currently, if the sale was already approved, and they might be the 3rd largest Xbox studio by the time the acquisition is actually approved. Have 380 devs on LinkedIn currently, which is ahead of Bethesda Game Studios on LinkedIn, though BGS seems to be underrepresented on LinkedIn, much like The Coalition. 

About DF and SDK stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if PS5 will always take tech win in comparison throughout the gen as it does right now. Microsoft's new SDK from what I understand allows devs to port games from PC to Xbox with ease, but of course this method will probably negatively impact the optimization because not many developers will take their time to optimize the games to get the best possible graphics and performance on Xbox if they can just take an easy route to make it work by putting PC version with some settings there. I believe that in some cases (like, Bright Memory for example which already uses this new SDK and as a result can't run on Xbox One consoles), you even have the same PC settings and toggles in Xbox version of the game because it's simply the PC game running on Xbox.

But, having said all that, I wouldn't really worry about Xbox not having the advantage over PS5 in these comparisons. Series X seems to be running games fine enough, at least for now. I hardly can find anything to complain about from technical perspective, so this is fine. If this helps to bring more games to the platform at the expense of worse looking multiplats compared to PS5, I'm all for it. I just hope that devs won't be as lazy as Bright Memory devs who didn't even optimize the control scheme for Xbox port.

derpysquirtle64 said:

I just hope that devs won't be as lazy as Bright Memory devs who didn't even optimize the control scheme for Xbox port.

He's only 1. 

Around the Network
InkIt said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I just hope that devs won't be as lazy as Bright Memory devs who didn't even optimize the control scheme for Xbox port.

He's only 1. 

Well, I know that. But I personally don't believe this. Especially now, this guy definitely has some support team for the project.

derpysquirtle64 said:
InkIt said:

He's only 1. 

Well, I know that. But I personally don't believe this. Especially now, this guy definitely has some support team for the project.

My understanding is that he has help, but only on audio (music, sound effects, and voice acting) and I think quality assurance (bug fixes), the programming, combat, level design, and even writing are all done by him. At least that is what I remember reading. Maybe he has expanded some since the May reveal of Bright Memory Infinite though.

This is actually nuts!!!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

They seem to be expanding for the new IP they've been working on for the past 2 years. They are already quite large, probably would be the 4th largest Xbox studio currently, if the sale was already approved, and they might be the 3rd largest Xbox studio by the time the acquisition is actually approved. Have 380 devs on LinkedIn currently, which is ahead of Bethesda Game Studios on LinkedIn, though BGS seems to be underrepresented on LinkedIn, much like The Coalition. 

Their official web page says Multiple unannounced projects https://www.zenimaxonline.com/careers

so more than one? We already know of the new AAA Ip that is using the new Engine.

EspadaGrim said:
shikamaru317 said:

Their official web page says Multiple unannounced projects https://www.zenimaxonline.com/careers

so more than one? We already know of the new AAA Ip that is using the new Engine.

Yeah, they may have more than 1 new IP coming in addition to their continued support of Elder Scrolls Online. They were hiring for a new IP 2 years ago, back in 2018, and then recently they've been hiring for a new IP again, makes sense those hiring waves would be for 2 different new IP's, especially since they are already quite large. ESO ongoing support probably only takes like 150 of their 380 devs, that leaves enough for two 100+ dev new IP teams.

October 2018

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/10/16/zenimax-online-studios-new-ip/

April 2020

https://in.ign.com/elder-scrolls-online/147058/news/zenimax-online-studios-hires-star-wars-veteran-for-its-new-ip

October 2020

https://www.windowscentral.com/zenimax-online-studios-new-engine-aaa-ip

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 23 November 2020