By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
twintail said:
Barozi said:

eh couldn't finish it in under 20h after all. Was surprised how difficult the fight at the end of chapter 13 was.

I beat him but then went on to do some grinding before tackling chapter 14. Royal Edition also includes 3 or 4 more story bosses before the final boss fight.

Thoughts? Thinking of getting it when it's on sale next.

Will post a little review when I'm done with the DLCs and some misc stuff.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

Here's 2 great Japanese games that feel high and made with care. Luna Nights was exclusive to Xbox One first. It's me playing it on Xbox One.

Tokyo Warfare Turbo Feels so Cool with Anime Girls And Music  with Realism of Tanks this feels high budget it's Exclusive to Xbox One I wanna see more work from this Japanese developer , I'm playing this game too I love it. killed 4 tanks in survival online. Keep an Eye on this Japanese Developer that became Exclusive to Xbox making powerful games like this. I'm a beast in this game add me on Xbox. I'll be somewhere else now.

Playing Luna Nights right now, very good game.

Did u have alot of elixirs and mega elixirs in your inventory? I found that useful for the final boss! 

Barozi said:

eh couldn't finish it in under 20h after all. Was surprised how difficult the fight at the end of chapter 13 was.

I beat him but then went on to do some grinding before tackling chapter 14. Royal Edition also includes 3 or 4 more story bosses before the final boss fight.

For me it was the worst ff game in the series. It was for me the easiest one to date as it was hand holding from start to end. Plus it had the worst side quest to date. One of side quest was buy cupnoodle ramen from a shop and deliver it to a guy ??. Plus u don't get to use much of summons of megic. All u have to do is dodge and keep pressing attack and make sure u are close to ur teammates when doing that to cause link attacks. When u and ur teammates have full super bar filled, use it. U can't really die in the game. Plus u don't get freedom to control the car in the game.. Story is good and fun and relaxing. Graphics still Hold well and cg stuff is beautiful.. Worth a try as the game is not long even when u do all the side quest.

tintail said:

Barozi said:

dane007 said:

Did u have alot of elixirs and mega elixirs in your inventory? I found that useful for the final boss! 

Barozi said:

Depends on what you think the final boss is.

Of the story? Well no he was really easy. Much easier than the ones directly before him.

Around the Network
dane007 said:

For me it was the worst ff game in the series. It was for me the easiest one to date as it was hand holding from start to end. Plus it had the worst side quest to date. One of side quest was buy cupnoodle ramen from a shop and deliver it to a guy 😂😂. Plus u don't get to use much of summons of megic. All u have to do is dodge and keep pressing attack and make sure u are close to ur teammates when doing that to cause link attacks. When u and ur teammates have full super bar filled, use it. U can't really die in the game. Plus u don't get freedom to control the car in the game.. Story is good and fun and relaxing. Graphics still Hold well and cg stuff is beautiful.. Worth a try as the game is not long even when u do all the side quest.

tintail said:

Well I wouldn't say you can't die as that was the reason I switched to easy. Died multiple times in that one dungeon and you can't save in there so I had to do everything again over and over. HP is nothing in this game as some bosses can reduce your HP to zero in one or two hits. You're still within the danger state yet when your AI mates refuse to get you up, you are forced to use items. Also the royal arms reduce your HP with every hit. I guess that was the reason why I died so often in that place. Later on, barely used royal arms at all. Many areas also have no warp points to refill your HP and MP.

But yes, if you have enough elixirs in your inventory it's hard to die. Though getting into the danger state happens very often.

As for the car, there is an off road upgrade that you can find. Once installed "smart steering" is turned off and you can control the car as you want.

From memory is that the on where the monsters are level 56? I came across one like that by accident when I was level 50 lol. Ai is not very smart when it comes to reviving u. 

Fair enough. I had 99 of every helsing item and revival item. That's probably hwy I felt it was too easy lol. 

Barozi said:

dane007 said:

Well I wouldn't say you can't die as that was the reason I switched to easy. Died multiple times in that one dungeon and you can't save in there so I had to do everything again over and over. HP is nothing in this game as some bosses can reduce your HP to zero in one or two hits. You're still within the danger state yet when your AI mates refuse to get you up, you are forced to use items. Also the royal arms reduce your HP with every hit. I guess that was the reason why I died so often in that place. Later on, barely used royal arms at all. Many areas also have no warp points to refill your HP and MP.

But yes, if you have enough elixirs in your inventory it's hard to die. Though getting into the danger state happens very often.

As for the car, there is an off road upgrade that you can find. Once installed "smart steering" is turned off and you can control the car as you want.

dx11332sega said:

Here's 2 great Japanese games that feel high and made with care. Luna Nights was exclusive to Xbox One first. It's me playing it on Xbox One.

Tokyo Warfare Turbo Feels so Cool with Anime Girls And Music  with Realism of Tanks this feels high budget it's Exclusive to Xbox One I wanna see more work from this Japanese developer , I'm playing this game too I love it. killed 4 tanks in survival online. Keep an Eye on this Japanese Developer that became Exclusive to Xbox making powerful games like this. I'm a beast in this game add me on Xbox. I'll be somewhere else now.

Played Luna Nights on release. Great metroidvania game. Would highly recommend it to anyone who likes metroidvania games.

Barozi said:

It was really fast completion from you. I’ve tried to find the screenshot of my end game but it looks like it wasn’t uploaded to XBL, so it was lost with the VHS Xbone it seems. But I definitely remember that my party was around level 60 when I’ve beaten the game.

Barozi said:
dane007 said:

Depends on what you think the final boss is.

Of the story? Well no he was really easy. Much easier than the ones directly before him.

There is also additional post-game tortoise boss which is LVL 99. You can try to take on him if you want to spend hours of button mashing

Btw, the latest Experience RPG YomiBana is coming west after all. Good that Aksys is publishing Xbox version as well. Given how niche the game is, I thought that whoever decides to publish it in the west might not bother with Xbox version.

dane007 said:

From memory is that the on where the monsters are level 56? I came across one like that by accident when I was level 50 lol. Ai is not very smart when it comes to reviving u. 

Fair enough. I had 99 of every helsing item and revival item. That's probably hwy I felt it was too easy lol. 

Barozi said:

The place where I died? No that was much earlier in chapter 3. I was around level 11 and the main quest was level 13 yet even the monsters right in front of the entrance of the dungeon were already level 18 (talking about bad design). I used a royal arm (sword) as my main weapon at that point and I think there weren't any warp points inside that dungeon so I could never really recover HP and MP and eventually died.