By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:

So OxenFree 2 announced for everything but Xbox, did they have a falling out with MS?

Don’t think so. The game will come to Xbox anyway at some point I think. Just maybe not at launch

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Zippy6 said:

I got in the beta but it's NDA'd, not played yet. I'm sure that won't stop some people uploading videos though. Already found one person uploaded the tutorail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXJv8wAXBZY

That text with your user ID bouncing around is going to be annoying. :(

I must say, based on that footage and the other footage I've seen, I'm not impressed by what I'm seeing from AoE 4. The graphics and animations are very dated compared to other recent RTS games, AoE 3 Definitive Edition has better graphics and animations and it's just a remaster of a game from 2005. What was Relic thinking with this? It doesn't look retro like they were trying to emulate AoE 2, nor does it look modern, it's like watching an RTS from about 7 years ago, the middle ground approach between retro and modern doesn't work in my eyes.

It doesn't look particularly great and it's also not easy to run. Just keeping 1080p60fps with a mix of medium/high settings on my 1660 Super is bringing it to it's knees (with AA off too). Medium lighting shadows are completely broken so that has to be on high. The art style was often described that way as making the game easy to run on low-end hardware but it doesn't seem the case at all, hope in the brief time they have left till launch they can optimise.

But I have high hopes for the gameplay. Don't have time to check it out more now but quick glance it looks good. It might not run or look great but I think the gameplay is going to be solid.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Barozi said:

Not exactly sure why but for some reason I decided to give Final Fantasy XV another chance.

I constantly died in some story related dungeon in chapter 3 so I decided to just put the game on easy and at least enjoy the story since I dislike the battle system so much.

That was yesterday. Now I'm at the end of chapter 13 which is almost the end of the game. Also the pacing is so weird. The first couple of chapters all take place within the open world or at least you will return to it after completing one main mission. Then at around chapter 6 (out of 14!) you will leave the open world and do nothing but main quests until the game is almost over.

I'm quite shocked how short the main story is. I will easily beat this in sub 20 hours. And that's with 30+ completed side quests. Oh well at least there are still a couple of DLC episodes left.

I will leave the rest for my review.

The game indeed is very strange with the pacing. It has 4–5 chapters to explore open world, then goes completely linear for the next few chapters and then if I’m not mistaken it has just a couple of chapters to clean up all the open world stuff before going into the endgame sequence - point of no return basically. But it seems like you managed to beat it really fast somehow. Just in 20 hours? Well done. I think I’ve spent around 60-70 hours just on the main story. But I was trying to do all the side quests though.

Well I'm at the end of chapter 13 and my save file shows 18 hours. There's only one chapter left so......

Don't see a lot of reasons to complete side missions. Most of them were just fetch quests thus far.

Last edited by Barozi - on 06 August 2021

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

Wait, doesn’t Sony own crunchyroll? Or maybe that’s still pending, either way that’s interesting lol

Around the Network
ice said:
Ryuu96 said:

Wait, doesn’t Sony own crunchyroll? Or maybe that’s still pending, either way that’s interesting lol

Still pending, and I wouldn’t bet on the deal being finalized.

The Ascent looks awesome. It's a timed exclusive so I can wait but that is a cool looking game. Made me want to play Ruiner again.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Without breaking NDA too much, I played a bit of AOE4 Beta and really enjoyed my time.

eh couldn't finish it in under 20h after all. Was surprised how difficult the fight at the end of chapter 13 was.

I beat him but then went on to do some grinding before tackling chapter 14. Royal Edition also includes 3 or 4 more story bosses before the final boss fight.

Thanks everyone! :3