By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
Spade said:

Very excited for more Outer worlds. Very happy that MS cool with them working on it as well. Definite fixes need to be made to the sequel. I didn't find the companions all too engaging, but there's a lot of promise. I don't even mind the hub worlds too. 

I'm excited but I hope every entry isn't entirely new characters and setting, The Outer Worlds 2 on paper low-key sounds like a bit of a soft-reboot, entirely new characters, new setting, new story, it'll be on (technically) a new Engine, it'll likely have a much bigger budget which should be noticeable. Maybe they want to start fresh because TOW1 was under Private Division on a limited budget and there's some obvious signs of that in the game itself but TOW2 is entirely under Microsoft with a much larger budget so they sorta think "lets start fresh"

I thought Parvati was awesome but for the most part the companions weren't that deep, I want them to lean more into a Firefly feeling, sorta make it like a group of nobodies getting up to shit across the galaxy, I don't think it needs a grand story, I'm happy with something basic like that, make the crew feel like an actual family (as Mass Effect does well) and the ship is your home, lean more into those aspects, the issue is, if every entry is a blank slate, I think it will be harder to get attached to the characters.

Not really. They just have to be well written.

Around the Network

kenjab said:

Rolled credits on Death's Door yesterday. Very very good game. Definitely some Zelda influence in puzzles and layout of levels. Combat is a little more difficult/twitchy than in Zelda though. Graphics good on a Series X, music and sounds are nice, story is pretty good too. I did encounter a few bugs that forced me to quit and restart the game, but it autosaves so I never lost progress.

I'm not good at giving numeric scores but I think it will definitely be in the running for indie game of the year.

How long is it? I'm thinking about giving it a try, but if it's more than 10 hours, then I'll probably skip or leave it for later

derpysquirtle64 said:
kenjab said:

Rolled credits on Death's Door yesterday. Very very good game. Definitely some Zelda influence in puzzles and layout of levels. Combat is a little more difficult/twitchy than in Zelda though. Graphics good on a Series X, music and sounds are nice, story is pretty good too. I did encounter a few bugs that forced me to quit and restart the game, but it autosaves so I never lost progress.

I'm not good at giving numeric scores but I think it will definitely be in the running for indie game of the year.

How long is it? I'm thinking about giving it a try, but if it's more than 10 hours, then I'll probably skip or leave it for later

It took me a bit over 15 hours, though I think the general consensus is that it's about 10-15.  I just liked exploring and tried to find as much as possible before finishing the story.  There's a bit of post-game content that I'm a few hours into as well.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

dodgeball acedemia and katamari are a nice surprise for me

Around the Network
kenjab said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

It took me a bit over 15 hours, though I think the general consensus is that it's about 10-15.  I just liked exploring and tried to find as much as possible before finishing the story.  There's a bit of post-game content that I'm a few hours into as well.

Hmm, not as long as it could have been. Maybe will give it a try if there will be nothing else to play

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Lol.

Idk why Xbox doesn't bring Microsoft Casual Games under the Xbox Division and do more with them.

Aren't these games free-to-play? Having one of them on Game Pass is pretty meh. 

I’ve had Microsoft solitaire on iPhone and it was free. Not sure if it’s the same or some new version

This just came out.  Haven't had an opportunity to dive in yet, but it should be fascinating. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

shikamaru317 said:

So Sony is saying that they have secured enough parts contracts to hit 22m+ PS5's sold this fiscal year, which ends in March 2022, meaning they plan to sell 12m+ consoles in less than 6 months, more than the 10m PS5's they have already sold in 8+ months. Microsoft really needs to step up their production, this is getting ridiculous now. Phil claimed that he was being bullish in acquiring parts contracts in an interview more than a month ago, but the average manufacturing and shipping time for a console is 5 weeks and we still haven't seen a noticeable increase in Xbox shipment sizes worldwide. Unless they are storing all of these extra console they are producing in warehouses in an attempt to meet Q4 Halo and Forza demand, it seems like Phil was BSing us.

If MS doesn't step up production considerably soon they won't even hit 12m this fiscal year, they could be more than 10m behind PS5 a year into the generation soon if Phil doesn't fix these production issues. At the current weekly rates of 120-130k, Xbox Series will only hit about 9m in 2021 and 10.5m by the end of the fiscal year in March. They need to average at least 250k per week between now and the end of March to reach a respectable 15m for the fiscal year. 

MS definitely got caught out with the production numbers with no way to increase them due to the shortages when they could of been matching the PS5 numbers through the the first 12-18 months presuming they had the units. Hopefully they can really up the units through Q4 with their 2 biggest franchises potentially launching within a month of each other.

shikamaru317 said:

So Sony is saying that they have secured enough parts contracts to hit 22m+ PS5's sold this fiscal year, which ends in March 2022, meaning they plan to sell 12m+ consoles in less than 6 months, more than the 10m PS5's they have already sold in 8+ months. Microsoft really needs to step up their production, this is getting ridiculous now. Phil claimed that he was being bullish in acquiring parts contracts in an interview more than a month ago, but the average manufacturing and shipping time for a console is 5 weeks and we still haven't seen a noticeable increase in Xbox shipment sizes worldwide. Unless they are storing all of these extra console they are producing in warehouses in an attempt to meet Q4 Halo and Forza demand, it seems like Phil was BSing us.

If MS doesn't step up production considerably soon they won't even hit 12m this fiscal year, they could be more than 10m behind PS5 a year into the generation soon if Phil doesn't fix these production issues. At the current weekly rates of 120-130k, Xbox Series will only hit about 9m in 2021 and 10.5m by the end of the fiscal year in March. They need to average at least 250k per week between now and the end of March to reach a respectable 15m for the fiscal year. 

Haven't we though?  XBox Series just had the best June ever for any XBox console in the US, and sales are significantly up in Japan since June.  So supply has recently gone up, at least in those two markets and I'm sure in others as well.  I think, like PS5, the supply for the Series consoles will continue increase in the coming months.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Ryuu96 said:

trunkswd said:

Talking about console sales. It is VERY unlikely Xbox Series X|S will be close to PS5 by the end of the generation. I expect a smaller gap than PS4 vs Xbox One, but nothing like PS3 vs Xbox 360.

Also this. I think even if they had the same supply, PS5 would be easily outselling Xbox Series still.

Lifetime yeah by quite a lot still but they could definitely be matching PS5 in the first 20M to get a good install base for Gamepass and third party developers to give them better deals on games and marketing.