By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

343 have no one to blame but themselves, this game is on PC now so if course it was going to be data mined by hackers/leakers way more easily. It’s their own fault for leaving some important files in there for a beta. Unannounced game modes and weapons were also leaked.

Around the Network

Was reading trought my gears of war retrospective book and I really liked how the early Xenon(360) game covers looked.

The flahsy green of the X360 era covers feels so flashy (the art was better tho)

Ryuu96 said:

Lmfao.

I was joking with trunks about them needing to put that into the bot programming last night.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Anyone play the Ascent yet? I'm pretty early in. I was having trouble with aiming early on and kept dying, but realized it's better to aim with the right stick and rolling is very important. I turned on high aim assist too which made it better. Probably one of the reasons why the Xbox version is getting dunked on and the PC version has a better score. The game is absolutely gorgeous.

Ryuu96 said:

Random bit of Empire stats, we're now the 5th largest thread on VGChartz by Post Count and 5th largest by View Count in 1 year and 7 months.

What are the other 4?

Around the Network

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forums.php?sort=posts&order=desc

Views

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forums.php?sort=views&order=desc

smroadkill15 said:

Anyone play the Ascent yet? I'm pretty early in. I was having trouble with aiming early on and kept dying, but realized it's better to aim with the right stick and rolling is very important. I turned on high aim assist too which made it better. Probably one of the reasons why the Xbox version is getting dunked on and the PC version has a better score. The game is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm also early in. Will try aiming with the right stick, not use to that.  I had been just approaching the enemies slowly and drawing them into choke points to take them out.  I haven't adjusted aim assist, but will leave it alone for now unless it gets really difficult.  The game does look great, nice shadow and light work and lots of detail.  I was over complicating the aiming by pulling the LT to bring out the laser for the aim high and then relaxing to lower it back down, but leaving it out, and then slowly moving in the direction I wan't to aim.  The dodge has been my best friend for a quick retreat and or creating distance between me and the enemies.  I've noticed two of the skill upgrades are directly related to the dodge and aiming, just assumed both would get easier as I leveled them up.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

What's the general feeling about AoE4? I've been hearing mixed opinions. Relic better not mess this up, lmao.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Yeah, I am very much taking a "let's wait and see" approach for now. Still sad we aren't getting the true AoE4 that was promised in the AoE3 collector's edition ?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Angelus said:
Machiavellian said:

Its million of lines of code.  Trust me, developers are human and they actually do not always think about those things.  You forget such projects can have hundreds of people working on different aspect of the game. It doesn't even make sense to have a text file with a plot summary in the files themselves so it sound like something someone was working on the plot during development which got added to the build and then totally forgotten when development shifted.  It probably was named something obscure and dumb and no one ever thought about it.  Shift and changes in development is when all kinds of stuff can happen which is probably what we see here.

But I'm not saying they should remember all the code that might be floating around in their various builds. I'm asking why you wouldn't get someone within the team (or a temporary outsider contractor under NDA if need be) to data mine something like this for you, before you release it out into the world? I mean this test has been live for less than 24 hours, so...clearly these lines of code don't take that long to find if you're actively looking for stuff....so...if you're a dev...and you don't want your game ruined....look?

Probably because not to long ago they were a console developer not a PC developer.  This is the first game the team is releasing on PC and console at the same time and even then I have seem other PC game developers make the same mistake, COD is calling.  As a console developer they probably did not have to put something like that within their workflow.  Its easy after the fact to say why you did not do this or that but if you never had to do such checks in the first place, its not like its something you will immediately think about during development. I know I have been on a lot of development projects where a lot of security concerns are overlooked because the team isn't experienced with a lot of scenarios where their code can be compromised and only after something happens do things tighten up.  Devs are human as I stated so do not believe they always think about what could happen every step of the development process especially if its not something they had to deal with in the past.