By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

We need more love for @ice 

Is he going through something?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

Is he going through something?

I don't think so? He asked me to delete his account though (which I can't do, but I've directed him to someone who can? Maybe?) and it would suck to see him go but I can't force him to stay but I'll try to convince him!

Why does he want his account deleted?

Ryuu96 said:

I'm hearing The Ascent is apparently receiving great impressions from reviewers,

Six more days, an eternity for me.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

Goddamn Asobo...

Microsoft should be like...

At this studio.

Seriously... 100% agree. Look how SMOOTH this is. And it runs on the Series S.

This is proving so many points from Microsoft and how much amazing this little machine is.

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

Why does he want his account deleted?

Not sure Tbh but I told him he can't leave without updating Achievement League one more time so he'll have a few days to think it over! Lol.

Hopefully he doesn't want to leave because of the Achievement League or anything like that. I know doing that every month can be a ton of work, and it can feel like it's not even super appreciated. 

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

Hopefully he doesn't want to leave because of the Achievement League or anything like that. I know doing that every month can be a ton of work, and it can feel like it's not even super appreciated. 

Yeah I can see that, it's nice to receive appreciation for the effort you put into something and sometimes when you don't it makes you wonder why you're doing it, sadly the site is so low on users too. I was actually curious if I would receive many points for ESO this month but if it's the Achievement League I would rather lose it permanently than lose Ice.

Also I should say that you did a great job on the Achievement League too, it was just unfortunately often during times where I was barely playing anything so I didn't participate much. Ice is also doing a great job on it and it definitely looks like a massive amount of work, heard it from you also and everyone else who did it in the past.

Yea, the achievement league is a bit of a rough one in terms of staying motivated to keep it going. It's a fair bit of work, and people have natural tendency to perhaps be keen observers of it, but at the same time not really engage a lot actively within the thread. It's understandable, because hey...how much can you really say every month, besides X is doing great, I'm doing so and so, and great job OP. You can talk about specific achievements and such, but only if enough people are playing the same game, which doesn't happen that much, especially when you got relatively few people actively playing a lot of stuff. Over time, whether it's sooner or later, I think it's more or less inevitable that the person managing it loses the drive to keep it going. All it takes is one month where you're really late to update, and maybe it slipped your mind, you didn't have time, or just weren't in the mood to get around to it yet, but then you look at the thread and it's like "well...there's only maybe like one person asking for it anyway, so....how much will it really be missed? Am I completely wasting my time in doing this?" On the flip side, others will be looking at it from the perspective of "hey...this dude is doing all this on his own time, I don't wanna hassle him for missing a beat here and there." 

As you said, I don't ever wanna lose a good site member over a thread, and I don't know if that's even related to Ice wanting his account deleted, but just wanted to put it out there that if it does have anything to do with that, just walk away from the thread, and I think everyone will understand. There's no shame in it. Everyone gets that it's kind of a thankless job.

I certainly appreciate everyone who puts all the work and hours on Achievement & gamerscore leagues. At least for me it adds fun into gaming and even during summer when I'm not playing much I try to complete a dlc or two. And the point system ice is using is great. Wouldn't hurt to be more active in the thread too.

But it's not worth it if it makes him want to leave this forum. Maybe we could do an achievement/completion discussion thread instead?

I wasn't expecting all the mentions when I logged on lol but thanks everyone for the kind words and concern.

I knew Ryuu couldn't delete accounts but I was considering taking a break from VGC (unrelated to the league)

I'm still here for now, so no worries! I've been dealing with extreme fatigue, pain, and sleep issues IRL so it's been hard for me to get stuff done. If I were to leave for good I promise i'll give everyone a heads up.

xoxoxo

@ice
Good to see you're still here.

Completely unrelated, yet probably necessary to get the thread moving again, I recently started Diablo III Reaper of Souls which I bought for like 5€ a few years ago.
Man I underestimated that game so much. Many years ago, I started Diablo III on 360 with a friend and even managed to beat the first boss. Yet I didn't really enjoy it as we didn't pay much attention to the story and just went straight for the boss since my friend had already played the game before. After that one session was done, I never touched it again.

One month ago, I started Torchlight II which I completed earlier this week. I had a good (but not great) time, yet it was the perfect game to play while listening to some podcasts and other YouTube stuff. Then I happened to watch a Diablo III boss rush speedrun and realized how much superior the game looked compared to Torchlight II. That led me to install the game and play it from the beginning. In short, it is a lot better than Torchlight II and I'm glad that I bought it back then even when I never had the intention to ever play it at that time.