By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jason1637 said:

I think Netflix gaming could fail. People already complain about the price and then canceling shows. Gaming is t where they should be focused on, it will just drive the price up of the service. Especially with Disney catching up a lot of people might just switch over. 

People always complain but 6 years ago (people are really short minded) netflix had barely any exclusive shows, had only a few original movies in the works and it was only aimed for Hollywood fans with barely any foreign shows/anime etc.  Since then we have a ton of exclusive shows/movies/anime foreign stuff etc.

Ideally the Xbxo division would go to netflix and see if they can work something out. Make Xbox related shows (remember viva pinata cartoon) a fallout show,  The gears of war movie/Tv show etc.  The Witcher netflix series has increased the Witcher 3 sales so it would make sense to work together. It would be great to have an option while watching the Fallout show to go from netflix to the Gamepass app and play the fallout series etc or vice versa. 

Netflix has also relations with a lot of Japanese/Korean/european etc producers it would be a win win for everyone.  

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

I wonder if he is using VGChartz data. We have Xbox Series X|S ahead of the Xbox One by 1.05 million units after 8 months. 5.82m vs 4.76m sold. At least for his total sales. Weekly sales now 5.5 times higher? Yeah.....no. If that were the case it would be selling like 300,000-400,000 units per week. 

I think he’s talking about only Japan.

Ryuu96 said:

So Flight Simulator is the commercial product of MS cloud powered game that was talked about during the Xbox one.  I personally have not experienced Flight Sim so is it an impressive display of the tech.  From screen shots and video it looks like a good showcase.

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

I wonder if he is using VGChartz data. We have Xbox Series X|S ahead of the Xbox One by 1.05 million units after 8 months. 5.82m vs 4.76m sold. At least for his total sales. Weekly sales now 5.5 times higher? Yeah.....no. If that were the case it would be selling like 300,000-400,000 units per week. 

As I recall, Xbox One was selling anywhere from 38k-66k per week between the Titanfall boost in March 2014 and the Destiny boost in September 2014, with the sole exception being 2 outlier weeks in June when they dropped Kinect and dropped the price to $400. So 5.5x more would actually be between 209k and 363k per week for Xbox Series. But that is still substantially higher than you guys at VGC have been tracking.

I wish he was right, Xbox Series needs to be selling alot more per week than it currently is, if MS can't increase production above the 120k-140k per week that you guys have been tracking soon, Xbox One will take the launch aligned lead before the end of the year. Xbox One had a big Holiday in 2014, selling something like 5m units between October and December, putting Xbox One at 10.9m life to date at the end of 2014, whereas you guys have Xbox Series at 5.8m life to date halfway through the year. Xbox Series needs sell 5.1m more units in 2021 to match Xbox One launch aligned at the end of 2021, which is an average of 196k per week the rest of the year, if they keep producing only 120-140k Xbox Series units per week life they have been recently, Xbox One will have a launch aligned lead of around 2m at the end of the year. Phil needs to be aggressively pursuing parts contracts right now, especially chipset contracts, even if it means making a deal with IBM or Samsung to use their 7nm foundries. MS can't even keep up with regular demand right now, and demand will be far higher this Holiday thanks to Halo and Forza releasing. 

As jason1637 noted, the tweet is referring to Japan sales. After 8 months the XOne was only selling a few hundred per week while the Series consoles have had a number of weeks in the thousands already.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

I wish he was right, Xbox Series needs to be selling alot more per week than it currently is, if MS can't increase production above the 120k-140k per week that you guys have been tracking soon, Xbox One will take the launch aligned lead before the end of the year. Xbox One had a big Holiday in 2014, selling something like 5m units between October and December, putting Xbox One at 10.9m life to date at the end of 2014, whereas you guys have Xbox Series at 5.8m life to date halfway through the year. Xbox Series needs sell 5.1m more units in 2021 to match Xbox One launch aligned at the end of 2021, which is an average of 196k per week the rest of the year, if they keep producing only 120-140k Xbox Series units per week life they have been recently, Xbox One will have a launch aligned lead of around 2m at the end of the year. Phil needs to be aggressively pursuing parts contracts right now, especially chipset contracts, even if it means making a deal with IBM or Samsung to use their 7nm foundries. MS can't even keep up with regular demand right now, and demand will be far higher this Holiday thanks to Halo and Forza releasing. 

But this is assuming the Series X/S doesnt have a huge holiday. If the Series X/S averages 120k til October and does a conservative 4 million between Octtober and December (1m less than XBO in 2014) thats 11.4m which is 500k above XBOs 10.9m. Now if it matches the 2014 holiday sales which is possible thats 12.4m, a 1.5m lead over the XBO.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Gamescom 2021: International Top Companies Confirm Participation

Preparations for the world's biggest event for computer and video games are in full swing. Numerous developers and publishers have already confirmed their digital participation as Gamescom partners, including various top international companies. Among those taking part are:

• 505 Games
  • Activision
  • Aerosoft
  • Assemble Entertainment
  • astragon Entertainment
  • BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
  • Bethesda Softworks
  • Electronic Arts
  • GAMEVIL COM2US Europe
  • Headup
  • Indie Arena Booth
  • Koch Media
  • NExT Studios (Tencent Games)
  • SEGA Europe
  • Team17
  • Thunderful Games
  • Ubisoft
  • Wargaming
  • Xbox

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/xbox-ea-activison-and-more-will-be-at-gamescom-2021/

Surprised that THQ Nordic isn’t on that list, you would think that Embracer would want a bigger presence in their own back yard.

Hopefully Koch Media/Deep Silver actually show games this time around, I want to see Echoes of the End by Myrkur Games it actually looks really interesting. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.videogameschronicle.com/blog/kochs-e3-presentation-didnt-show-the-games-so-we-will/amp/

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

But this is assuming the Series X/S doesnt have a huge holiday. If the Series X/S averages 120k til October and does a conservative 4 million between Octtober and December (1m less than XBO in 2014) thats 11.4m which is 500k above XBOs 10.9m. Now if it matches the 2014 holiday sales which is possible thats 12.4m, a 1.5m lead over the XBO.

That theory assumes one of two things though: 

1. Microsoft is going to be able to suddenly increase production by about 2.5x by this Holiday, when competition for parts will be at a peak due to the approaching Holiday season

or 

2. Microsoft hasn't been shipping all of the consoles they have been producing each week to retailers, and has instead been storing say 25% of their weekly production in warehouses to sell in large quantities this Holiday. 

We just don't know if MS has been doing either of these things. If they're smart, they've been doing some of both, signing contracts for larger parts shipments leading up to the Holiday season, and storing some of their weekly production in warehouses the past few months so that they can sell them this Holiday. 

I mean even with the shortages the Series X and S has been able to outsell the XBO by over a million. The last holiday season they basically shipped the same amount they did for the XBO launch and that’s with them starting production late.  I think 4-6m this holiday is very doable. It will sell out incredibly fast but it’s still very possible. 

Ryuu96 said:

Both Spencer and Booty are also very clear that if video games are going to expand their audience into new demographics and territories, they will need to tell new stories – and that will require new types of studios, in new places. Does this mean Microsoft might purchase a studio in India, Africa or South America? “It would actually surprise me if that doesn’t happen,” says Spencer. “Just knowing the talent that’s available, and the tools [such as game engines Unity and Unreal] that are so much more accessible … I would be surprised if in the next three to five years, you don’t see numerous studios in places that aren’t the traditional hubs of video game development.”

Booty agrees. “There should be a several-hundred-person studio [in one of these territories],” he says. “And not for outsourcing or support, but a team building whatever the version of the best blockbuster game may be for that market. That is very much the vision.”

___

That would be awesome to see, Xbox investing into markets they traditionally haven't and the added diversity will be a good thing which will result in more unique ideas and a variety of content, which will also help diversify Xbox's audience. Even better is Booty's comment, a several-hundred-person studio which isn't just an outsourcing/support studio (as often is the case in the gaming industry).

Time to turn the lights off and pretend nobody's home. 

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Honestly, at this point, the CCP doing something like that wouldn't surprise me. I straight up saw a video earlier today where China said they would start a full-scale War with Japan if Japan intervenes militarily to protect Taiwan from Chinese invasion, starting with nuclear bombs. The video says, and I quote: "Japan is the only country in the world that has been hit by atomic bombs, and has a deep memory of the atomic bombs from the government down to the people....It is exactly because Japan has such a unique feeling, that nuclear deterrence against Japan will get twice the result with half the effort." This video was hosted on the Chinese Military tv channel, which is roughly equivalent to the Discovery owned Military Channel cable tv station that we once had here in the US, which was renamed to the American Heroes Channel in 2014. 

I honestly would not be ok with Tencent acquiring Crytek, so hopefully this doesn't happen. Would much rather see MS acquire them and revive Ryse and Crysis. 

Pigeon puffing its chest, they're all talk. If China nukes Japan then they'd be nuked right back by other countries, it simply won't happen. Japan isn't exactly a weak country that they can push around either, heck, they can barely get Taiwan thanks to it being surrounded with anti-air missiles and the international support they have.

Err, these guys have enough to nuke the island, the US and Europe. They are not Russia, who can destroy the Earth several times over, but I don't think nuclear threats are sand castles. I am well aware of how this stuff works and nuclear states are hardly something to take lightly. 

OTOH, China already clarified this was a PR move and that is not that strange. Several countries use nukes as a bargaining chip... and Japan won't throw themselves down a building for Taiwan, of all countries. 

Ryuu96 said:

When someone runs Windows on it, I may buy. 

This Thursday isn't what I hoped it would naturally be for me. 

zero129 said:
AsGryffynn said:

Time to turn the lights off and pretend nobody's home. 

Ryuu96 said:

Pigeon puffing its chest, they're all talk. If China nukes Japan then they'd be nuked right back by other countries, it simply won't happen. Japan isn't exactly a weak country that they can push around either, heck, they can barely get Taiwan thanks to it being surrounded with anti-air missiles and the international support they have.

Err, these guys have enough to nuke the island, the US and Europe. They are not Russia, who can destroy the Earth several times over, but I don't think nuclear threats are sand castles. I am well aware of how this stuff works and nuclear states are hardly something to take lightly. 

OTOH, China already clarified this was a PR move and that is not that strange. Several countries use nukes as a bargaining chip... and Japan won't throw themselves down a building for Taiwan, of all countries. 

When someone runs Windows on it, I may buy. 

This Thursday isn't what I hoped it would naturally be for me. 

Its been confirmed its not a closed system so you could install windows on it if you want.

I want to see what the performance is like. 

Ryuu96 said:

Should be delayed. Way too much competition in the FPS genre this year.