By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Any word on if Warzone firefight is coming back? Love that they’re bringing back Arena, hoping Warzone firefight comes back too.

Around the Network

My personal detailed thoughts on what was shown yesterday:

Starfield - Definitely the biggest Xbox game for 2022. Not interested personally as I've never played Bethesda RPGs and not really interested in them. But the game clearly has a huge potential. Hopefully Bethesda nails it, especially on quality side.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Haven't played the first one. But interested in trying this one. Correctly predicted that it will be a 2022 game. I hope no delays, but it is not out of possibility that it might slip further. Day one purchase for sure.

Back 4 Blood - Might try it, but probably not at launch. Definitely looks like L4D3. I loved the L4D games, but will only play this one in co-op. Doesn't look like it will be fun playing solo.

Contraband - Hard to comment, nothing is clear about this game, except that it's some co-op game where you do heists for something. Doesn't really sound that impressive for me personally tbh.

Sea of Thieves DLC - Don't care about this game. But Disney collab is a good move to further promote Xbox, especially considering that SoT is quite a big game already.

Yakuza: LAD in GamePass - Already have it day one. Good for those that still waited for it to hit GamePass I guess. Not really that big of an announcement as it was expected to happen considering all other Yakuza games are on GamePass already. Was more of a "when" question rather than "if".

Battlefield 2042 - Well, I personally found it almost the same as other BF games. Played BF3 and 4 when they were released and haven't played more recent entries. With no campaign, I find it a bit hard to justify paying 70$ for MP only game. Will probably give it a try later when it comes down in price if it will be well received.

Twelve Minutes - Finally a release date. Maybe will give it a try at some point when I'll have nothing else to play.

Psychonauts 2 - Definitely looks like a solid 3D platformer. Not a fan of art style though. Haven't played the first one either. Will skip this one as well. But it's nice to see at least something in 3D platformer genre from XGS.

Fallout 76 - Yawn

TSO - Same as F76

Party Animals - Stupid but fun game. It's physics reminded me of Fall Guys for some reason. Not gonna play it but it looked fun.

Hades - A huge announcement. One of the best games last year. Finally on Xbox. Day one purchase.

Somerville - Looks similar to Inside which is great. Day one as well.

Halo Infinite - Mixed feelings here. MP looked great. Still a question whether such an old gameplay mechanics will capture younger audiences (which is mandatory for MP game success), but I like that it's still the same old school Halo gameplay. Campaign on the other hand - wasn't shown at all. Only CGI trailer. So, we still don't know about the progress they made since last year. It's also worrying that there is still no release date. Seems like 343i are not confident they'll make it this year. Expecting another delay to early 2022 tbh.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Not a fan of Blizzard games, but it's a big game and there will be huge audience for this. No GamePass I think and it's an obvious mulitiplat, so from Xbox side of things not a big announcement I guess.

A Plague Tale: Requiem - Looked great and it's next-gen only. Heard a lot of great reviews about the first one. I have it bought but still haven't touched it. I need to work on this before this one releases. Day one purchase if the first one is really that good as everyone says.

FarCry6 - Ubisoft game, which means I'm not interested. Also, just a marketing deal, so not a big announcement either.

Slime Rancher 2 - No idea what it is about, not really interested

Shredders - This looked cool as a snowboard game, almost like a snowboard Tony Hawk game. Not interested in playing it though.

Atomic Heart - The trailer was great, accompanied by 90s Russian Boomer Pop song. Still far off I guess though. Mundfish had big issues with a lot of layoffs, game was stuck in development hell and most likely rebooted. Hopefully, they will be able to release it now with Xbox backing but I doubt we'll see it before 2023. Day one for sure.

Replaced - Another cool indie. Day one as well.

Grounded - Don't care.

Amogus - Strange announcement with no Xbox release date still. Doesn't sound to be as hyped as it was last year.

Eiyuden Chronicle - The only JRPG announcement on the show, nuff said. And not really a great one, as it was already confirmed to be hitting Xbox last year when it was announced. So, nothing new here. Still day one purchase though.

The Ascent - I like the look of it, Cyberpunk setting is always great. But from gameplay perspective, not really interested, unfortunately.

AoE 4 - PC only, so don't care. Great for those dinosaurs still hanging on RTS genre, though.

The Outer Worlds 2 - Great that MS funded the sequel. I'm still yet to finish the first one and unfortunately found it boring for me. So, this one is a skip. Big game for Xbox nonetheless though.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - I really want to give this one a try, but I already know that I'll probably get bored of it in a couple of hours.

Forza Horizon 5 - The best game in the show hands down. It looked incredibly great. Day one purchase without hesitation.

Redfall - I didn't get what the game is about, but quite unlikely that I'm gonna play it. For know, it looks like it can either be something big or a complete failure. We'll know by E3 2022 most likely.

So, in summary 8 out of 30 games I'm interested to try day one. With additional 3 maybe. Not bad. Also, the way the show was presented was incredibly good this year. Hopefully MS will continue with this format. I'll probably rate it 7/10. Could have been an easy 8 if at least one big Japanese game announcement happened. But still great to see the positive feedback overall. Xbox are off to a great start this gen it seems but still there are quite a lot of hard work to do. Not the time to slow down.

derpysquirtle64 said:

My personal detailed thoughts on what was shown yesterday:

Starfield - Definitely the biggest Xbox game for 2022. Not interested personally as I've never played Bethesda RPGs and not really interested in them. But the game clearly has a huge potential. Hopefully Bethesda nails it, especially on quality side.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Haven't played the first one. But interested in trying this one. Correctly predicted that it will be a 2022 game. I hope no delays, but it is not out of possibility that it might slip further. Day one purchase for sure.

Back 4 Blood - Might try it, but probably not at launch. Definitely looks like L4D3. I loved the L4D games, but will only play this one in co-op. Doesn't look like it will be fun playing solo.

Contraband - Hard to comment, nothing is clear about this game, except that it's some co-op game where you do heists for something. Doesn't really sound that impressive for me personally tbh.

Sea of Thieves DLC - Don't care about this game. But Disney collab is a good move to further promote Xbox, especially considering that SoT is quite a big game already.

Yakuza: LAD in GamePass - Already have it day one. Good for those that still waited for it to hit GamePass I guess. Not really that big of an announcement as it was expected to happen considering all other Yakuza games are on GamePass already. Was more of a "when" question rather than "if".

Battlefield 2042 - Well, I personally found it almost the same as other BF games. Played BF3 and 4 when they were released and haven't played more recent entries. With no campaign, I find it a bit hard to justify paying 70$ for MP only game. Will probably give it a try later when it comes down in price if it will be well received.

Twelve Minutes - Finally a release date. Maybe will give it a try at some point when I'll have nothing else to play.

Psychonauts 2 - Definitely looks like a solid 3D platformer. Not a fan of art style though. Haven't played the first one either. Will skip this one as well. But it's nice to see at least something in 3D platformer genre from XGS.

Fallout 76 - Yawn

TSO - Same as F76

Party Animals - Stupid but fun game. It's physics reminded me of Fall Guys for some reason. Not gonna play it but it looked fun.

Hades - A huge announcement. One of the best games last year. Finally on Xbox. Day one purchase.

Somerville - Looks similar to Inside which is great. Day one as well.

Halo Infinite - Mixed feelings here. MP looked great. Still a question whether such an old gameplay mechanics will capture younger audiences (which is mandatory for MP game success), but I like that it's still the same old school Halo gameplay. Campaign on the other hand - wasn't shown at all. Only CGI trailer. So, we still don't know about the progress they made since last year. It's also worrying that there is still no release date. Seems like 343i are not confident they'll make it this year. Expecting another delay to early 2022 tbh.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Not a fan of Blizzard games, but it's a big game and there will be huge audience for this. No GamePass I think and it's an obvious mulitiplat, so from Xbox side of things not a big announcement I guess.

A Plague Tale: Requiem - Looked great and it's next-gen only. Heard a lot of great reviews about the first one. I have it bought but still haven't touched it. I need to work on this before this one releases. Day one purchase if the first one is really that good as everyone says.

FarCry6 - Ubisoft game, which means I'm not interested. Also, just a marketing deal, so not a big announcement either.

Slime Rancher 2 - No idea what it is about, not really interested

Shredders - This looked cool as a snowboard game, almost like a snowboard Tony Hawk game. Not interested in playing it though.

Atomic Heart - The trailer was great, accompanied by 90s Russian Boomer Pop song. Still far off I guess though. Mundfish had big issues with a lot of layoffs, game was stuck in development hell and most likely rebooted. Hopefully, they will be able to release it now with Xbox backing but I doubt we'll see it before 2023. Day one for sure.

Replaced - Another cool indie. Day one as well.

Grounded - Don't care.

Amogus - Strange announcement with no Xbox release date still. Doesn't sound to be as hyped as it was last year.

Eiyuden Chronicle - The only JRPG announcement on the show, nuff said. And not really a great one, as it was already confirmed to be hitting Xbox last year when it was announced. So, nothing new here. Still day one purchase though.

The Ascent - I like the look of it, Cyberpunk setting is always great. But from gameplay perspective, not really interested, unfortunately.

AoE 4 - PC only, so don't care. Great for those dinosaurs still hanging on RTS genre, though.

The Outer Worlds 2 - Great that MS funded the sequel. I'm still yet to finish the first one and unfortunately found it boring for me. So, this one is a skip. Big game for Xbox nonetheless though.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - I really want to give this one a try, but I already know that I'll probably get bored of it in a couple of hours.

Forza Horizon 5 - The best game in the show hands down. It looked incredibly great. Day one purchase without hesitation.

Redfall - I didn't get what the game is about, but quite unlikely that I'm gonna play it. For know, it looks like it can either be something big or a complete failure. We'll know by E3 2022 most likely.

So, in summary 8 out of 30 games I'm interested to try day one. With additional 3 maybe. Not bad. Also, the way the show was presented was incredibly good this year. Hopefully MS will continue with this format. I'll probably rate it 7/10. Could have been an easy 8 if at least one big Japanese game announcement happened. But still great to see the positive feedback overall. Xbox are off to a great start this gen it seems but still there are quite a lot of hard work to do. Not the time to slow down.

They showed two Eiyuden Chronicles games and AFAIK Rising was a brand new announcement.

@derpysquirtle64 Slime rancher is basically a farming adventure game but you farm slime and grow them etc. The first game blew up when it was given away with GWG. 

jason1637 said:

@derpysquirtle64 Slime rancher is basically a farming adventure game but you farm slime and grow them etc. The first game blew up when it was given away with GWG. 

All I know is Slime Rancher is popular with my 12 year old daughter and her friends, and she was very happy to hear about a sequel. Considering the XBox desperately needs some more family games, it's something at least.

I really wish one of Xbox's many studios would make a high-quality family game like a Ratchet & Clank or most of what Nintendo does.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network
kenjab said:
jason1637 said:

All I know is Slime Rancher is popular with my 12 year old daughter and her friends, and she was very happy to hear about a sequel. Considering the XBox desperately needs some more family games, it's something at least.

I really wish one of Xbox's many studios would make a high-quality family game like a Ratchet & Clank or most of what Nintendo does.

It’s a fun game that you can play to let loose and don’t have to pay too much attention to. Really hyped for the sequel.

Barozi said:

They showed two Eiyuden Chronicles games and AFAIK Rising was a brand new announcement.

This new one is a smaller game as I understood that will accompany the main one. It also seems like they delayed the main one as it was originally announced for 2022, now 2023, with a smaller game coming next year.

shikamaru317 said:

Not surprised to hear that Everwild got rebooted considering they had no clear gameplay direction last year. Hopefully Gregg Mayles will turn it into something great. Start with a total graphical overhaul, ending the Xbox One version and making it Xbox Series/PC only.

I wonder what the gameplay is actually goin to be, is it going to be a Hippie game where you just help animals or is going to have combat/enemies? I would love for them to keep the art style though.

shikamaru317 said:

Not surprised to hear that Everwild got rebooted considering they had no clear gameplay direction last year. Hopefully Gregg Mayles will turn it into something great. Start with a total graphical overhaul, ending the Xbox One version and making it Xbox Series/PC only.

lol wut?

Graphics should be the last thing on their mind. Everything we've ever seen of the game looked gorgeous. What they need to be doing is figuring out wtf the game actually is.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

lol wut?

Graphics should be the last thing on their mind. Everything we've ever seen of the game looked gorgeous. What they need to be doing is figuring out wtf the game actually is.

Because you don’t release a cross gen game 4 years into a generation. If Everwild is now 2024 as rumored, gamers will have certain graphical expectations that will need to be met.  Go back and look at the Everwild reveal from 2019, the art style is great, but the actual graphics of that trailer would look extremely dated in 2024, after games like Horizon: Forbidden West, Hellblade 2, and STALKER 2 raise the graphics bar considerably. 

The artstyle is fine, I’m not saying they need to  touch that at all,  but there is plenty they can do to improve the graphics between now and 2024, starting with moving it from the current Unreal 4 to Unreal 5. Improve the textures, get some ray tracing in there, etc.

As for the gameplay, obviously Gregg needs to nail down a clear direction for it. Is it a Breath of the Wild like adventure game with co-op like some speculated after the initial reveal in 2019, is it a God game like Rare suggested last summer at the July show? Gregg needs to decide which and work towards that.

First of all, I'm not of the mindset that everything needs absolute top of the line visuals, and some art styles lend themselves to ageing much more gracefully than others. I would be perfectly happy to play a game that looks like last year's Everwild trailer at pretty much any point in the foreseeable future.

Secondly, the point isn't that they couldn't probably make the game look better by the time it eventually releases (if it doesn't get cancelled in the meantime). You said they should START with a graphical overhaul. When in reality, I'll just repeat myself here, that is literally the last thing they should currently be concerned with. Nobody, and I do mean nobody, came away from the Everwild trailers saying "man, sure wish this was prettier." People wanted to know wtf you actually do in this game, and clearly, Rare had no answers. They've got their blueprints for what style of world, characters, and creatures they wanna build their game around. That's great. Now they need to do the part where you...you know...design an actual game around it. 

There'll be plenty of time to touch up the game on a technical level after that.