By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DeusXmachina said:
Ryuu96 said:

@DeusXmachina You got a larger version of the original version of that avatar image?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/nqiydg/obsidian_is_now_driving_the_completion_of_various/

Obsidian are on another level in efficiency, it matches what Sponger and Grubb said that Avowed is in great shape, almost fully on schedule despite the pandemic and the only reason we may not see gameplay at this E3 is because of Microsoft wanting to save it for another event.

Yeah I hope that Grubb is wrong on this one and we get Gameplay this E3, Avowed and Wolfenstein 3 showing up would ease my worries.

Ryuu96 said:

Maybe when we get details on the new Windows Store with those gaming improvements.

Hopefully we get a new version of Windows with proper ARM support.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Yeah I hope that Grubb is wrong on this one and we get Gameplay this E3, Avowed and Wolfenstein 3 showing up would ease my worries.

Same but it's Microsoft and their marketing sometimes is really out of touch so I think Grubb is likely right, Avowed would be a great showcase, from the makers of Fallout New Vegas, taking a dive into an Elder Scrolls-like title, it's definitely something that needs to be shown at their biggest event of the year, not TGA's or X0.

Yeah they should leave all the teasers for the VGA’s and try to cram as much gameplay this E3 as possible. They need to knock this E3 out of the park.

Yeah, I don't really get why MS wouldn't show Avowed at their biggest event of the year. New IP's like that should be front and center at E3, not saved for whatever smaller events MS has planned later this year. Smh. Plus the VGA's seem like a place where you tease new titles, not really go into gameplay deep dives.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Geoff Keighley seems to be teasing a surprise Xbox show announce:

Spoiler!

The first 2 characters of the Lucky Number are 6 and 13, 6/13 is the day of the Xbox conference. Keighley is a big Kojima fanboy, so it seems likely that the acquaintance who is giving Geoff an unexpected gift on 6/13 is Kojima. Microsoft must be announcing the Kojima Xbox exclusive (now rumored to be a Mecha JRPG) with a CGI trailer, too early in development to be a gameplay announce. 

Spoiler!
I hope not... Sick of getting CG teasers for games 5 years or more away.

it better make it so gamepass games dont need to be on the same SSD as windows is

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ryuu96 said:

Damn, I swear that game is only 6 months old or something...

NetDrake on Resetera says that Avowed won’t be at E3.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

NetDrake on Resetera says that Avowed won’t be at E3.

If this was a marketing decision...

At least it's comforting to know that its development is going great and it's almost fully on schedule, hope they take their time on the final stretch of development, bug fix the crap out of it, Obsidian are efficient but also buggy, there's no reason for them to be so eager to get titles out nowadays with the financial support from Microsoft.

I really want to see it though, I want a sense of its scale, I want to see what it looks like, I'm not expecting some Bethesda scale project, maybe somewhere in the middle of The Outer Worlds - Skyrim, a more refined and focused RPG (which is also rumoured to be what InXile's AAA RPG is like, a 20-30 hour very focused RPG) but it's all guesswork.

I wonder if Obsidian one day will move to Creation Engine too.

I hope that they go back to their Onyx Engine and update it, i think that it’s better for some MS 1st party studios to have their own internal engine.