By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Flayer said:

2 billion on 2019 is pretty impressive. I wonder what it is today since gamepass and series is selling well.

Considering they just made an investment of $7.5 billion, I truly doubt the Xbox division will see any profits in the next couple of years.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

Epic is looking worse and worse. Even if they win this trial they will lose a lot of good faith with other companies and fans. 

I doubt it.  Only a very small amount of fans are even paying attention to the case and business really just move on.  Its all about money, partnerships and leverage within the industry.  A couple years from now and no one will remember or even care.  Epic, first needs to win this case which opens up a lot for a lot of other companies.

Ryuu96 said:

The dream is (probably) dead! Chance of Covid screwing it over was always high.

Hope that MS has a surprise left for 2021 even if it is Wolfenstein 3.

EspadaGrim said:

At this point I'll even take some surprise 3rd parties, my heart can't handle much more of this.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Has Sony these Corona issues as well? I don't follow Sony news much atm but I have the feeling they don't have these problems? Seems like MS went to ultra Corona safety mode for their employees and Sony's studios still work closer to 100%.

Around the Network

I honestly still think it's quite likely that Starfield does launch this year.

DroidKnight said:
EspadaGrim said:

At this point I'll even take some surprise 3rd parties, my heart can't handle much more of this.

Leaked documents listed Stalker 2 as 2021 so it’s still possible that it makes it, I was hoping for a surprise unannounced 3rd party exclusive for this year but I don’t think that it happens.

Stalker 2, Scorn, The Gunk, The Ascent and Bright Memory Infinite might just round out 2021 for Xbox.

shikamaru317 said:

I don't really understand how Starfield got delayed so quickly. Just like 1 week ago we had an insider (Rand) saying that it was content complete now and was in the final phase of development, optimization and bug stomping, and both ESO and Mr. Matty, who are huge Bethesda fans and are known to have good Bethesda sources, have also been suggesting that Starfield is 2021. 6 months seems like plenty to optimize and stomp bugs with a team likely over 300 devs (between BGS Maryland, the 3 other BGS support studios, and other Zenimax studios providing some assistance). It doesn't really make sense to me, especially considering that Starfield has been in development nearly twice as long as any previous Bethesda Game Studios game, with their largest ever dev team. If it is delayed, it must only be delayed to Q1 2022, no way it would get delayed all the way to Q4 2022. Schreier is full of shit if he thinks Starfield isn't an E3 announce, and let's be honest, Schreier has been wrong in the past, he is not infallible. 

On the plus side, I think we will get Wolfenstein 3 in 2021 if Starfield is delayed to 2022. It will have 4 years of development as of October 2021, and though the full MachineGames studio won't have been working on it that whole time, due to co-development on Wolfenstein Youngblood and Wolfenstein Cyberpilot with Arkane Lyon and early development on Indiana Jones, that is still a year more development than any of their previous games, and it's not as if the full studio was on Wolfenstein 2 either, during Wolfenstein 2 development they were split between the Wolfenstein: The Old Blood standalone expansion and Quake: Dimensions of the Past, but they still managed to get Wolfenstein 2 out with 3 years of development; they'll have had 4 years for Wolfenstein 3 as of October this year.

Personally, I stand by my statement that MS is more than happy to let Bethesda to polish the heck out of Starfield and release it next year.  It really does not need to release in the same window as Halo.  Also Starfield probably going to be one huge game and it probably will need a lot of time squashing as many bugs as possible.  Last but not least, it could be that MS is really might be letting Bethesda take advantage of the Series X hardware and anything else they have to push the game and its visuals.  The game may be complete as a BC for Series X but I am sure MS would like it to be as optimized as possible for the Series X hardware.

shikamaru317 said:

So Schreier was speculating instead of leaking, figures. Dude needs to be more careful with the stuff he says, he knows his own insider status and that people takes his speculations as leaks unless he makes it clear that it's speculation. I definitely still think Starfield is 2021, considering that Rand, Matty, and ESO have all been teasing 2021. Jez also seemed to think it's 2021 as I recall, I think Klobrille as well.

Some people were saying that Jason got Blacklisted by Bethesda so he might not have anymore connections/insiders from them.

I could honestly care less about the Square Enix E3 show since it will basically be a PlayStation show with how many of their big titles are skipping Xbox.