By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Honestly, there are already more 120 FPS titles on Series X than I expected.

Talking about next gen updates, Minecraft needs one badly.
I was watching some Minecraft streams on PC and played MC on Series X simultaneously and the differences are massive, even with an unmodded PC version.

Around the Network

For the marketing of news this is an easy visual.

vs.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

shikamaru317 said:
DroidKnight said:

For the marketing of news this is an easy visual.

vs.

I mean they could have used the Skyrim logo, as many people know what it is as the Vault Boy I'd say. 

That's true.  I was just thinking of the thumbs up as everything is going great.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Anthem Next has officially been cancelled, sucks that it is being left to die when the core mechanics of that game are awesome. The next two Bioware games are make or break for them imo.

About half-way through The Medium. Enjoyable game.
The visuals can look quite nice but Marianne's face could've used more work. Both in complexity and especially in animation. She often has this robotic gaze.
Some cutscenes seem to run with 60 FPS but the rest of the game with 30 FPS. Little weird there. It also seems to slightly drop into the mid to high 20s sometimes but considering the type of game, this is a non-issue. (My own experience, haven't checked Digital Foundry).

Around the Network

I got showtime with my Spotify subscription. If it moves to Paramount+ I'll probably not watch it.

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk looks like a straight up rip off of Jet Set Radio Future, like they even made it look exactly the same lol.
It looks really good though so I’m excited

Excellent news about the Halo sales. Glad it's still going strong. Hopefully Halo Infinite will be as good as I'm hoping it will be and will take the series past 100 million.

I wonder which Japanese studio is making that rumored PS5 exclusive Silent Hill game now since it looks like it won’t be developed by any Sony 1st party studios. Kojima productions was already dismissed as an option. https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/lse8s6/sources_playstation_is_winding_down_sony_japan/

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Missed this but Deadline reported that the Halo series is at 81m copies sold.

Halo reinvented how people think about video games and has grown into a global entertainment phenomenon, having sold more than 81 million copies worldwide.

Last reported number was on July 13th, 2015 for 65m.

Zhuge reported 70m sold on June 9th, 2016, adding the reported 5m Halo 5 copies sold to the 65m number.

So since June 2016 - February 2021 it has sold 11 million extra, likely split mainly between continued Halo 5 sales (beyond 5m), Halo MCC sales + Steam release and Halo Wars 2.

Well, since the Zhuge 2016 number 70m numbers, 3 Halo games have released, Halo Wars Definitive Edition, Halo Wars 2, and Halo MCC for PC, plus we would have had continued legs for mainly Halo 5 and MCC for Xbox One (Halo 4 and older Halo games wouldn't be selling much by that point).

Michael Pachter claimed in 2017, a year after the last official Halo 5 five million+ number, that he was told by somebody at MS that Halo 5 lifetime sales were trending towards the bestselling games in the Halo series, so most likely 8m+ by that point. So, I'm going to guess the breakdown of those 11m sales from 2017 to now is something like this:

• Halo 5- 4.5m sales (9.5m+ life to date)
  • Halo MCC- 4m sales, including roughly 3m on Steam and roughly 1m on continued Xbox One legs (life to date of roughly 9m+)
  • Halo Wars 2- 2m sales
  • Halo Wars Definitive Edition- 500k sales (it's in the 200k-500k range on Steam Spy, plus it released on Xbox, so roughly 500k combined is likely a safe bet)

I can be wrong here but something tells me that MCC sold more than Halo 5, just considering the PC release in the first place. Going by your suggestions Halo 5 sold 4.5m on Xbox while MCC sold only 1m. Doesn't seem likely as MCC had only one year headstart over Halo 5.