By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Nice :) I'm thinking we will very likely see a lot of S being sold in the coming holidays... Even if it is because the Series X and Play Station Five are not available.

This kind of bundle is super attractive and for anyone on the edge to buy an S because the X is not available they will end up going for that kind of bundle.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Seeing a few people saying they're progressing much faster now in Infinite.

Yeah, a hotfix was put out according to Halo Support twitter

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I was reading Waypoint and was surprised that many were complaining aim assist being too low, making the game harder to play. These were console gamers, I understand using controller on PC would be hard because there's apparently no assist.

How is it a bad thing to make shooting a bit more skill-based? At least on Gears forums fans ere complaining about reduced skill gap on Gears 5, it was way too casual and easy.

Anyway, I don't seem to struggle getting kills on Infinite, aiming feels good to me. My weaknesses are on tactical side heh.

shikamaru317 said:
KiigelHeart said:

I was reading Waypoint and was surprised that many were complaining aim assist being too low, making the game harder to play. These were console gamers, I understand using controller on PC would be hard because there's apparently no assist.

How is it a bad thing to make shooting a bit more skill-based? At least on Gears forums fans ere complaining about reduced skill gap on Gears 5, it was way too casual and easy.

Anyway, I don't seem to struggle getting kills on Infinite, aiming feels good to me. My weaknesses are on tactical side heh.

I think it's because of the forced cross-play with PC/mouse and keyboard on 2 of the 3 playlists, m&k players have an easier time aiming quickly and accurately so people want better aim assist on controller to compensate, since they won't give us the ability to turn off cross-play on those playlists.

This would make sense despite being an excuse for losers :P

But these complaints had nothing to do with crossplay, many simply feel aiming in this game is off and more difficult than previous Halos.

Around the Network

Aiming feels fine for me. Just gotta hit those headshots.

Ryuu96 said:

New Bet

How Many Awards Will Microsoft Win at The Game Awards?

How many awards were Microsoft/Bethesda nominated for? Some of the bet choices look a bit suspect.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

trunkswd said:

20. Mainly thanks to Deathloop.

Thanks.  Not quite feeling it.

Went with 75 for 7-8, someone else went with it as well.

shikamaru317 said:
DroidKnight said:

Thanks.  Not quite feeling it.

Went with 75 for 7-8, someone else went with it as well.

It was me, but now that I'm looking at the nominations again I think I may have over predicted possibly. I think Deathloop will win narrative and maybe direction, but lose GOTY to Metroid. FH5 has a decent chance of winning all 3 it is up for, audio, accessibility, and sports/racing. Psychonauts will win on art design I think. Either Flight Sim or AoE 4 will win Simulation/Strategy I think. That is potentially 7, but it could easily be 5 or 6 instead. 

The other categories they are nominated for I can't see them winning. In spite of Deathloop having an actor and an actress on Best Performance, Lady Dimetrescu actress is winning that for sure because people are obsessed with her character. Action will go to Returnal as a consolation prize for being snubbed on GOTY nominations. Action-Adventure will go to something other than Psychonauts for sure. Most Anticipated will be won by Elden Ring a 2nd year in a row sadly, it has the advantage of releasing just 2 months after the show while the others like Starfield have a much longer wait. Best Score/Music is going to Nier or Cyberpunk probably.

Lol, I was at around 5, but then accounted for 2 unexpected ones. 

I think this is one of the toughest bets offered so far.

Part of the problem as well with the challenges, is that they're one size fits all in terms of XP awarded. It doesn't matter if I get something easy as hell, like winning one BTB match, or something annoying, like hijacking 3 air vehicles...it's worth the same, within a margin of maybe 50XP. Some of these things should be rewarding considerably more than they are.