This is something that has low-key bothered me about Mojang for a while, I love Minecraft but I feel like it could add so much more, especially being one of the biggest IPs in the world but it feels sometimes like Mojang moves at a snails pace, I don't think it's a funding issue but I don't know, there's just some odd decisions Mojang have made over the years.
- Minecraft isn't even Series X enhanced, not even Series S enhanced, in fact, it isn't even One X enhanced, Lol.
- Still no ray tracing on Series X despite the tease, it's nowhere in sight.
- Cancelling the Super Duper Graphics Pack, I could understand Xbox One being too weak for it but why not make it One X/Series X exclusive?
- Minecraft Dungeons was a fun game but it definitely launched with a lack of content for the type of game it was.
- Minecraft Earth was shut down, in the middle of a pandemic, as if Mojang couldn't 'afford' to keep running it for a little longer to try to recover it, most folk didn't even know it had left early access (if it ever did?).
- There's so much MOB potential, kind of crap that in some of the MOB votes the losers will be scrapped entirely.
- Not sure why Minecraft Dungeons is not on Steam, I can understand why Minecraft isn't as it's so massive it doesn't need Steam which will take a cut of the profits but I think the spinoffs could perhaps benefit more than not from Steam.
I'm also of the opinion that every unannounced title Mojang is currently working on will all be Minecraft spinoffs because it is safer, I don't really have an issue with that, as I love Minecraft, I know others would rather new IPs but I don't suspect that is the case, I just hope whatever they launch next has a decent amount of content.
Studio has like 600+ employees, of course though, keeping Minecraft updated on so many platforms, on multiple different engines isn't an easy task and requires a large workforce, I'm not entirely sure what platforms are still supported (I think One/PS4/360/PS3 are dead), so I think now it's Bedrock PC/XB/PS/Switch/Mobile, Java PC and Minecraft China? But wasn't the purpose of Bedrock to bring most of them in line and make development easier.
Can't Microsoft get 4J Studios to do the Graphics updates? Idk. It's a missed opportunity too cause Minecraft is a great showcase for how much of a difference raytracing can be, which would be a nice showcase for Series X.
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 April 2021