By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Desperados III seems like another gem I definitely would've missed if it wasn't for game pass.

I've yet to touch Outriders but I'm looking forward to it. It just so happened I got sucked into The Division 2 again and I want to finish Warlords of New York first. This game looks and plays so damn well on Series X, 60fps and all.

Around the Network

So, what are everybody's hopes and dreams for E3 this year? My own semi-realistic hopes and dreams, not just for Xbox, but for the 3rd party publishers who are confirmed to be showing games at E3 this year:

Xbox

• Halo Infinite campaign trailer and multiplayer demo, with open beta announced for later in the summer
  • Gameplay trailers or demos for most of the already announced big Xbox exclusives that only got teaser trailers previously (Fable, Avowed, Hellblade 2, Project Mara, and Everwild in particular)
  • CrossFireX campaign demo and release date
  • Trailers are release dates for some of their smaller 2021 exclusives (such as Scorn, The Gunk, The Ascent, etc.)
  • Forza Horizon 5 announced for 2021 release, Japan setting
  • New Killer Instinct announced via a teaser trailer
  • At least 2 AAA 2nd or 3rd party exclusives announced, plus some smaller ones
  • 3rd party demos (Xbox marketing right games) for Battlefield 2021, Dying Light 2, Saints Row 5, and Dragon Age 4 (some of the which will be day one gamepass)
  • Japanese games segment, where they will announce a few JP 2nd party exclusives, Atlus support for Xbox (including Persona and SMT games coming to Gamepass and Project ReFantasy being a day one release on Xbox), Tales of Arise demo with a day one gamepass announce, Scarlet Nexus launch trailer and day one gamepass announce, and more
  • At least 2 new studio acquisitions announced
  • The announcement that Xbox 360 and OG Xbox back compat work has resumed, with the first batch of new 360 and OG Xbox BC titles in 2 years announced 

Bethesda

• Starfield gameplay trailer and demo, Holiday 2021 release, Xbox/PC exclusive
  • Wolfenstein 3 reveal with gameplay trailer, Q1/Q2 2022 release, Xbox/PC exclusive
  • Arkane Austin new IP reveal with gameplay or teaser trailer, Xbox/PC exclusive

Ubisoft

• Far Cry 6 new trailer and gameplay demo, delayed to July-August release
  • South Park RPG 3 announced, releasing October 2021
  • Rainbow 6 Quarantine new title and new trailer, releasing December 2021
  • Prince of Persia remake re-reveal showing a larger graphical improvement, releasing Q1 2022
  • Skull & Bones re-reveal with graphical improvements (now cross-gen or current gen only), proper singleplayer campaign, releasing Q2 2022
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2 re-reveal, now PC/PS5/Xbox Series exclusive with improved graphics, still no release window
  • Splinter Cell is there "one final thing" announce with a teaser trailer, 2022 release

Capcom

• Resident Evil Revelations 3, set between Res 7 and 8, focused on some of the series main characters other than Chris and Ethan

Warner Bros

• Not expecting any new announces from them this year since they've been heavily impacted by Covid and already had to delay so many games into late 2021 and 2022, if they do announce anything new it will either be a new game from NetherRealm's 2nd team (Injustice 3?) or the 3rd Middle Earth: Shadow of game that Shadow of War's DLC setup, either of which will be announced for 2022 if they are announced at all
  • Possible new trailers and/or gameplay demos for Lego Star Wars, Hogwarts Legacy, Back 4 Blood, and Gotham Knights, maybe Suicide Squad as well

Koch Media

• Dead Island 2 re-reveal, releasing 2022
  • Saints Row 5 reveal, releasing late 2021 or early 2022
  • Shadow Warrior 3 new gameplay demo and release date in Q4 2021

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 12 April 2021

Microsoft casually dropping $20bn on another acquisition, all cash, I hear it isn't a good time right now for companies to be sitting on cash so I would expect to see more acquisitions from Microsoft in almost every department, including gaming, in around half a year they've spent $27bn and may drop another $10bn on Discord, $37bn+ total...

Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft casually dropping $20bn on another acquisition, all cash, I hear it isn't a good time right now for companies to be sitting on cash so I would expect to see more acquisitions from Microsoft in almost every department, including gaming, in around half a year they've spent $27bn and may drop another $10bn on Discord, $37bn+ total...

Yeah about a fourth of US dollars were printed last year and they keep printing which can lead to more inflation in the near future. Makes a lot of sense for MS to go on a buying spree. Discord is probably next. 

They still have like $100bn in cash left..

Around the Network

If MS does go on a spending spree I would really like to see them acquire another of the more affordable publishers (Sega, Capcom, Koei Tecmo, WB, Marvelous, Focus Home) and/or a few more independent studios, hopefully at least one AAA capable independent studio if they go that route.

shikamaru317 said:

If MS does go on a spending spree I would really like to see them acquire another of the more affordable publishers (Sega, Capcom, Koei Tecmo, WB, Marvelous, Focus Home) and/or a few more independent studios, hopefully at least one AAA capable independent studio if they go that route.

Marvelous is largely owned by tencent since 2020, that boat has sailed already. 

shikamaru317 said:

Focus Home Interactive doesn’t really own anything so they are worthless for Microsoft, my pipe dream would be Capcom but Sega would be more realistic.

Think Microsoft from now on will focus on studios with major IP which would naturally include publishers, I also agree with Rand that Matt Booty is likely at his operational capacity so it's unlikely XGS will grow much larger, maybe Bethesda could add a couple but only if the idea comes from them I think.

They'll want studios that can give them content to Game Pass overnight and major IPs to push Game Pass further, combined with the fact that as I said having money in the bank right now isn't good from what I'm reading, I think they'll be happy to make a few more big splashes on gaming.

They'll be added the same way as Bethesda, as their own division to make things as smooth as possible, I don't have a clue which, if any, they will acquire though but I'd say maybe anything under $10bn is a possibility.

Thinking about independent studios with major IP that aren't publishers, not many come to mind; Techland...Bungie...Idk, I just think Xbox is done acquiring studios like Obsidian, Double Fine, etc. Talented studios but don't really have huge IPs to their name.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 April 2021

InkIt said:
shikamaru317 said:

Marvelous is largely owned by tencent since 2020, that boat has sailed already. 

I game on all consoles and PC