By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - xCloud Coming to iOS/PC Tomorrow | Bethesda Officially Joins Xbox | Game Pass Surpasses 18m Subscribers

EspadaGrim said:

I also want to point out that I don’t believe that Phil would tease us with the Ludens Statue If the deal wasn’t done yet, I think that it was probably inked before that interview and it’s just now coming out.

yeah I feel like putting that tease in before the deal was done would be a good way of making sure the deal doesn't get done lmao 

Around the Network

About talks, to be clear. Don’t know if a deal has been signed. Think it’s the game they were talking to Google about.

-

Yup, makes sense.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Phil needs to try to lock down Kojima for more than one game, If MS can somehow manage to acquire them in the future it would be huge in their efforts try to acquire more Japanese talent.

I could imagine them doing that, see how things go first with XGP, see how good their working relationship is as Xbox has never worked with Kojima before, unlike many of their other acquisitions which they have history with, then if all goes well they will propose an acquisition.

Xbox can give him 2 things that other publishers might not be willing to, 1. A real AAA budget and 2. Creative Freedom.

The fact that his cancelled game was supposed to be Stadia exclusive shows that Sony very likely passed on him which is surprising because they did deals with Jade Raymond’s studio and now we hear that Remedy are also doing an exclusive.

XGP better not screw this one up and treat this guy like a king.

"“Well yeah, I am doing something, for sure, and I could tell you probably that we can announce it quite soon,” said Shinkawa, a long-time Hideo Kojima collaborator who is best known for his character and mecha design work on the Metal Gear franchise."
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/kojima-productions-likely-to-announce-its-next-game-quite-soon-says-art-director/

Around the Network

i like that xbox has been going in more on the horror genre the past few years with blair witch, the medium, scorn, etc. now they got future Shinji Mikami games exclusive & potentially one from Kojima?

i'm convinced phil spencer watches the human centipede every saturday while eating lunch

FloatingWaffles said:

i like that xbox has been going in more on the horror genre the past few years with blair witch, the medium, scorn, etc. now they got future Shinji Mikami games exclusive & potentially one from Kojima?

i'm convinced phil spencer watches the human centipede every saturday while eating lunch

Time to cancel Phil Spencer.

Fuck that movie

I wouldn't expect the Kojima game at E3. If they were only recently negotiating with him earlier this year, it will have just entered development a few months ago and won't be released for many years yet. Even if it is the episodic one that Kojima pitched to Google last summer, it will probably take 2 years or so to develop the first episode, so 2023 release, and if it's not episodic it could take even longer. Only way it comes sooner is if it is the same one that he pitched to Google, and he partially self funded it and has been developing it since last summer in the hopes that another publisher would pick it up after seeing a more complete demo, then maybe a first episode could be out by end of 2022, in which case an E3 announce would be more likely.

The Jez teased 2nd party games seem to be coming much sooner and will be announced at E3, Jez responded to a guy who was saying that he can't get excited about 2023 or later releases at E3 2021, and Jez suggested that the 2nd party games he teased are releasing in 2021 or 2022. And there seem to be some AAA 2nd party among them based on what Jez said. Really looking forward to this E3 now, I just hope 1st party delivers as well, I want to see actual gameplay trailers/demos for Hellblade 2, Project Mara, Everwild, Fable, and Avowed, plus a few new 1st party announces. Starfield and Wolfenstein 3 gameplay from Bethesda.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 April 2021

shikamaru317 said:

I wouldn't expect the Kojima game at E3. If they were only recently negotiating with him earlier this year, it will have just entered development a few months ago and won't be released for many years yet. Even if it is the episodic one that Kojima pitched to Google last summer, it will probably take 2 years or so to develop the first episode, so 2023 release, and if it's not episodic it could take even longer. Only way it comes sooner is if it is the same one that he pitched to Google, and he partially self funded it and has been developing it since last summer in the hopes that another publisher would pick it up after seeing a more complete demo, then maybe a first episode could be out by end of 2022, in which case an E3 announce would be more likely.

The Jez teased 2nd party games seem to be coming much sooner and will be announced at E3, Jez responded to a guy who was saying that he can't get excited about 2023 or later releases at E3 2021, and Jez suggested that the 2nd party games he teased are releasing in 2021 or 2022. And there seem to be some AAA 2nd party among them based on what Jez said. Really looking forward to this E3 now, I just hope 1st party delivers as well, I want to see actual gameplay trailers/demos for Hellblade 2, Project Mara, Everwild, Fable, and Avowed, plus a few new 1st party announces. Starfield and Wolfenstein 3 gameplay from Bethesda.

One of the guys at Kojima Productions said that they are going to announce their next game soon, so it’s possible that they do make E3 even if it’s just a teaser.

If Microsoft don't deliver the best E3 they've ever had this year after all the rumours then #BringbackMattick

Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day