By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker // predictions?

Global Box office?

Under 500M 0 0%

500M-1000M 5 22.73%

1000M-1500M 10 45.45%

1500M-2000M 6 27.27%

Over 2000M 1 4.55%

Total:22

I predict a huge opening then it will fall like a rock. Wouldn't be shocked if it didn't reach a billion

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Soundwave said:

I expect "nerds" will be the ones with issues, "everyday man" doesn't give that much of a shit about the movies they watch. "Everyday Man" thinks Transformers movies are pretty good and Star Wars films with maybe the exception of Attack of the Clones are comfortably above that threshold. 

Just saying, I would much rather rewatch any of the Transformers movies again than I would rewatch The Last Jedi. Attack of the Clones is well over that threshold for me, I actually like the prequels quite alot. The Last Jedi is the only Star Wars movie that I have legitimately disliked, so much so that it is the only Star Wars movie that I haven't watched at least twice. 

The prequels are the lowest grossing main line Star Wars films, so you're in the minority there.

$1.4b

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Soundwave said:
KLAMarine said:
Expecting it to do well but the everyday man will blast it. I don't really blame them...

I expect "nerds" will be the ones with issues, "everyday man" doesn't give that much of a shit about the movies they watch. "Everyday Man" thinks Transformers movies are pretty good and Star Wars films with maybe the exception of Attack of the Clones are comfortably above that threshold. 

But people that go see Transformers expect it mostly to be just a lot of show with bad plot and they just want to enjoy the rollercoaster,that is a different audience.

Now naturally you got those kind of people that go see Star Wars too but that franchise always enveloped more than just the looks so ofcourse it will get critique on a grander scale and more nitpicking.

Why do those "nerds" suddenly like the Mandalorian on Disney + you think?

I expect it will just take more than a billion at the box office. I'm also expecting it to be a poor film. Apart from Rogue One, all the Disney films have not been very good at all. Which is a shame.

Around the Network

The Last Jedi backlash is going to hit this film hard, which is a shame as I do think it'll be more interesting than the last. The more capable Abrams is back at the helm and if nothing else, it'll just be interesting to see how things wrap up. I've heard Red Letter Media toss out their strange theory they seem pretty adamant about of a possible "time travel" plot which would be VERY interesting indeed XD. 

Honestly I'm more interested in (somehow) getting to see the Mandalorian vs this film. 

I'm still expecting it to put up some massive numbers overall of course. After all, it IS Star Wars and the name alone will bring in huge numbers. But it'll be a significant dip down. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Since @Jumpin hasn't posted in this thread, I'm going to go way out on a limb and say this movie will do amazingly well by grossing

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 08 December 2019

Normies have long forgotten The Last Jedi, and they tend to like everything, especially big, flashy cinematic, blockbusters. It'll do well, even though the film itself will probably be shit. I say this full-well knowing I probably sound a like a snob, but to me it seems obvious this trilogy has no actual point or grand vision and is being written as they go along--yet, the average moviegoer doesn't even get to that level. They just want to laugh at Guardians of the Galaxy-style non-joke awkward pauses and see big explosions. Also, the inevitable exploitative nostalgia bait will be candy for the casual Star Wars fan.

Though, I have to admit, my own morbid curiosity will probably end up dragging me to the cinema to see it, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

*My signature from 2011 which I'm too lazy to change*

Currently awaiting the arrivals of:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Beyond the Labyrinth
Heroes of Ruin
Luigi's Mansion 2