By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 16 November 2019

Tagged games:

StarDoor said:
kazuyamishima said:

The let’s go bundle was $399. And I was referring to the same week that let’s go launched. Of course it will see an increase in the upcoming weeks.

Wow, PS4 is down an abysmal 45% from the same week last year. I guess its sales are collapsing.

Oh wait, Black Friday is one week later this year, so that comparison makes no sense. Let's Go released one week before Black Friday, Sword and Shield released two weeks before. Obviously the week closer to Black Friday has an advantage in sales.

PS4 and XBO both seem to slide more and more the more the year comes to an end. I think it might be that the knowledge that the next gen is coming next holiday season has more and more people holding off their console buying and rather wait for the successor. I wouldn't call it collapsing, just receding at an increasing rate.

Around the Network

Speaking of ratios, how neglectful of me to forget to mention: Switch outselling Vita 37,735:1

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Switch in beast mode!!!! Looks like Pokemon did its work!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

kazuyamishima said:
Interesting, only 9.8% growth compared to last year even if the system was selling at $199/299 this year compared to $299/399 last year on the pokemon release week.

Are you tlaking about USD? Switch was launched at $299. Where did you get that 399 from? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
kazuyamishima said:
Interesting, only 9.8% growth compared to last year even if the system was selling at $199/299 this year compared to $299/399 last year on the pokemon release week.

Are you tlaking about USD? Switch was launched at $299. Where did you get that 399 from? 

He means the pokemon lets go bundle with the game and the pokeball all in one box.

Around the Network
Chicho said:
Jranation said:

He means the pokemon lets go bundle with the game and the pokeball all in one box.

Pretty misleading (deliberately so I expect) to compare the price of a console + game + controller bundle last year to the price of the console alone this year.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I really didn't think the Switch would pas the Xbox One until early next year. The combination of the harsher decline in ales than I expected plus the Switch and Pokemon really caught me off guard.

ironmanDX said:
I really didn't think the Switch would pas the Xbox One until early next year. The combination of the harsher decline in ales than I expected plus the Switch and Pokemon really caught me off guard.

Yeah earlier this year and last I was expecting a 2020 overtake as well, but Xbone sales deteriorated a lot faster than I anticipated.

curl-6 said:
Speaking of ratios, how neglectful of me to forget to mention: Switch outselling Vita 37,735:1

Ah yes the most important ratio of them all. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I just noticed on the worldwide sales overview graph, that it is Super Mario Maker 2 who seems to have definitly terminated the PS4 domination, after the release of SMM2, there was no any more week with PS4 first. Last ultimate PS4 1st position could be in 2 weeks on Black Friday

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary