Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The cuts for the Sw/Sh dex were worse than even the most pessimistic predictions

Tagged games:

Can't wait to see the payola'd review scores

Around the Network

Someone needs to hijack this franchise from gamefreak. A multimillion franchise deserves better than this...

Just saw that #GamefreakLied is trending on Twitter after a datamine confirmed that the game is reusing 3DS Pokemon models (Gamefreak said that the reason foir the Dex cut was because they needed to make new models for the Pokemon). The negative PR on this game sure is huge. Doesn't seem to be hurting sales much though, the game is still #2 and #4 on Amazon US right now, it took NBA 2K19 getting a price drop to $5 to prevent it from getting the #1 and #2 spots.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Someone needs to hijack this franchise from gamefreak. A multimillion franchise deserves better than this...

I've been saying that for awhile. Gamefreak is just not big enough nor skilled enough at programming to handle a franchise as big as Pokemon in an HD era. It's time for Nintendo to give development responsibilities to one of their AAA capable development studios, with Gamefreak serving in a conceptual and advisory role only. 

shikamaru317 said:

Just saw that #GamefreakLied is trending on Twitter after a datamine confirmed that the game is reusing 3DS Pokemon models (Gamefreak said that the reason foir the Dex cut was because they needed to make new models for the Pokemon).

What, is that true? 

No way that can be true. Whatever happened to "we can't add more pokemon because modeling takes 901281349028347128903471238904713204 months"?

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Just saw that #GamefreakLied is trending on Twitter after a datamine confirmed that the game is reusing 3DS Pokemon models (Gamefreak said that the reason foir the Dex cut was because they needed to make new models for the Pokemon).

What, is that true? 

No way that can be true. Whatever happened to "we can't add more pokemon because modeling takes 901281349028347128903471238904713204 months"?

It seems that way. Side by side wireframe model comparison that I saw on that hashtag: 

Those higher quality animations Gamefreak said we'd be getting thanks to the Dex cut:

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 13 November 2019

Darwinianevolution said:
RingoGaSuki said:

It's not an upgrade at all, even graphically.

Sun and Moon looked better than this. ORAS looked better than this. Every DS/GBA instalment looked better than this. The Let's Go games looked better than this.

Scaling is fucked too, look how tiny Snorlax and Wailord are.

Wailord's supposed to be 48'10", the second largest Pokemon there is. It's dwarfed by a 10 year-old.

Dammit, we haven't had a scale correct Wailord since Battle Revolution.

Also, what's with the super dense weather effects? At some points you can't see where you're going, is this just to hide the draw distances?

shikamaru317 said:

Those higher quality animations Gamefreak said we'd be getting thanks to the Dex cut:

I don't care about what camp you are in; this shit should be unexceptable for everybody. I have not seen a turn around animation like that since Star Ocean 3. C class developers like Compile Heart, who make their games on 10% of the budget on Pokemon, have moved on from 6th gen animations like that!

What if Breath of the Wild looked liked that fuckin gif

The next Final Fantasy looked like that gif

It would be a global mauling 

Why the does this game have pop in? supposedly its very empty?

Reviewers have failed the buyers, but gamers wont, and I pray GameFreak is watching.

I don't mind them cutting it to 400 Poke'mon. What I do mind is that they threw out so many awesomely designed Poke'mon and kept so many redundant, and shitty designs. Why throw out Zubat, and keep the shitty knockoff one from later gens? Why keep the literal Sun and Moon Poke'mon, but throw out Dragonite? Why is such a boring, bland design as Wailord in, but Scizor is not?

It's as if Gamefreak has no clue what Poke'mon designs were popular, and which ones were useless filler.

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Sup'

Dont know if anyone has mentioned this but presumably a couple of days ago data miners found that theres data of 435 pkmn as opposed to the 400 previously reported which includes  missing legendaries and starters.

https://www.dexerto.com/amp/pokemon/more-than-400-pokemon-sword-shield-datamine-1236923

The 35 are 

[001] - Bulbasaur
[002] - Ivysaur
[003] - Venusaur
[007] - Squirtle
[008] - Wartortle
[009] - Blastoise
[150] - Mewtwo
[151] - Mew
[251] - Celebi
[385] - Jirachi
[638] - Cobalion
[639] - Terrakion
[640] - Virizion
[643] - Reshiram
[644] - Zekrom
[646] - Kyurem
[647] - Keldeo
[722] - Rowlet
[723] - Dartrix
[724] - Decidueye
[725] - Litten
[726] - Torracat
[727] - Incineroar
[728] - Popplio
[729] - Brionne
[730] - Primarina
[789] - Cosmog
[790] - Cosmoem
[791] - Solgaleo
[792] - Lunala
[800] - Necrozma
[802] - Marshadow
[807] - Zeraora
[808] - Meltan
[809] - Melmetal

Dont know if this is true but ummm... Cool.