Forums - Gaming Discussion - [FINAL PART UP] VGChartz' Top 50 Video Game Music Composers

I've been enjoying the hell out of this list. For one, it's really helped to put a face and name to soundtracks that I loved in the past. Secondly, this is going to seriously impact my top 50 games list next year. I tend to forget how great the music in certain games really was. This list is a fantastic reminder that some games just had killer soundtracks!

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Around the Network

My top 3
1) David Wise
2) Marty O'Donnell
3) Gareth Coker

Cerebralbore101 said:
I've been enjoying the hell out of this list. For one, it's really helped to put a face and name to soundtracks that I loved in the past. Secondly, this is going to seriously impact my top 50 games list next year. I tend to forget how great the music in certain games really was. This list is a fantastic reminder that some games just had killer soundtracks!

I'm glad you've liked the top 50 so far. I've discovered a bunch of great new music putting this together myself, so it's great that other people get something out of these things as well.

My Most Recent Articles:

1. Video Game Music Spotlight #14: A Moment of Calm

2. Gods and Superheroes: The Story of Clover Studio

3. Video Game Music Spotlight #13: Winter and Cold

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

@Vodacixi @AlbiNecroxz @Ultrashroomz @OTBWY @Hiku @JimmyFantasy @The_Liquid_Laser @deskpro2k3 

@Jpcc86 @Shadow1980 @Ultravolt @CaptainExplosion @Landale_Star @drbunnig @Smartie900 

@m0ney @SanAndreasX @finalrpgfantasy @mZuzek @QUAKECore89 @Ljink96 @Leynos @Cerebralbore101 

@Kyuu @TruckOSaurus @shikamaru317 @Farsala @ARamdomGamer @GoOnKid @PAOerfulone 

Part 5 is up now, and you can find it HERE. Just one more article left now.

My Most Recent Articles:

@Vodacixi @AlbiNecroxz @Ultrashroomz @OTBWY @Hiku @JimmyFantasy @The_Liquid_Laser @deskpro2k3 

@Jpcc86 @Shadow1980 @Ultravolt @CaptainExplosion @Landale_Star @drbunnig @Smartie900 

@m0ney @SanAndreasX @finalrpgfantasy @mZuzek @QUAKECore89 @Ljink96 @Leynos @Cerebralbore101 

@Kyuu @TruckOSaurus @shikamaru317 @Farsala @ARamdomGamer @GoOnKid @PAOerfulone 

Finally, the last part of the countdown is now up and you can find it HERE. Thank you to everyone who took part in the voting, and I hope you've enjoyed the articles.

My Most Recent Articles:

Around the Network

I'll make a day of listening to all the tracks and artists in the whole list on Saturday. :D

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Thanks for putting all of this together. I've really enjoyed it. Some music like David Wise's stuff is so good, that I can listen to it even though I'm not even a particular fan of the games that the music comes from.

And then there are the top 2. I would have thought there was something wrong with the list if the top 2 didn't take their respective spots. One has created the most recognizable music ever and the other has simply created the best music.

Thanks for putting this together. I pretty much knew from the get go who would be #1, but the rest of the top 5 is outstanding!

Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

Cerebralbore101 said:

I'll make a day of listening to all the tracks and artists in the whole list on Saturday. :D

Not a bad way to spend some time for sure.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Thanks for putting all of this together. I've really enjoyed it. Some music like David Wise's stuff is so good, that I can listen to it even though I'm not even a particular fan of the games that the music comes from.

And then there are the top 2. I would have thought there was something wrong with the list if the top 2 didn't take their respective spots. One has created the most recognizable music ever and the other has simply created the best music.

I'm glad you've liked the list. Yeah, the top 2 were set pretty much from the beginning, with only Shimomura trailing fairly close early on in the voting.

PAOerfulone said:
Thanks for putting this together. I pretty much knew from the get go who would be #1, but the rest of the top 5 is outstanding!

No problem, though I couldn't have done it if people didn't take part in the voting. Just glad you enjoyed the countdown.

My Most Recent Articles: