By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [FINAL PART UP] VGChartz' Top 50 Video Game Music Composers

I've been enjoying the hell out of this list. For one, it's really helped to put a face and name to soundtracks that I loved in the past. Secondly, this is going to seriously impact my top 50 games list next year. I tend to forget how great the music in certain games really was. This list is a fantastic reminder that some games just had killer soundtracks!



Around the Network

My top 3
1) David Wise
2) Marty O'Donnell
3) Gareth Coker



Cerebralbore101 said:
I've been enjoying the hell out of this list. For one, it's really helped to put a face and name to soundtracks that I loved in the past. Secondly, this is going to seriously impact my top 50 games list next year. I tend to forget how great the music in certain games really was. This list is a fantastic reminder that some games just had killer soundtracks!

I'm glad you've liked the top 50 so far. I've discovered a bunch of great new music putting this together myself, so it's great that other people get something out of these things as well.



@Vodacixi @AlbiNecroxz @Ultrashroomz @OTBWY @Hiku @JimmyFantasy @The_Liquid_Laser @deskpro2k3 

@Jpcc86 @Shadow1980 @Ultravolt @CaptainExplosion @Landale_Star @drbunnig @Smartie900 

@m0ney @SanAndreasX @finalrpgfantasy @mZuzek @QUAKECore89 @Ljink96 @Leynos @Cerebralbore101 

@Kyuu @TruckOSaurus @shikamaru317 @Farsala @ARamdomGamer @GoOnKid @PAOerfulone 

Part 5 is up now, and you can find it HERE. Just one more article left now.



@Vodacixi @AlbiNecroxz @Ultrashroomz @OTBWY @Hiku @JimmyFantasy @The_Liquid_Laser @deskpro2k3 

@Jpcc86 @Shadow1980 @Ultravolt @CaptainExplosion @Landale_Star @drbunnig @Smartie900 

@m0ney @SanAndreasX @finalrpgfantasy @mZuzek @QUAKECore89 @Ljink96 @Leynos @Cerebralbore101 

@Kyuu @TruckOSaurus @shikamaru317 @Farsala @ARamdomGamer @GoOnKid @PAOerfulone 

Finally, the last part of the countdown is now up and you can find it HERE. Thank you to everyone who took part in the voting, and I hope you've enjoyed the articles.



Around the Network

I'll make a day of listening to all the tracks and artists in the whole list on Saturday. :D



Thanks for putting all of this together. I've really enjoyed it. Some music like David Wise's stuff is so good, that I can listen to it even though I'm not even a particular fan of the games that the music comes from.

And then there are the top 2. I would have thought there was something wrong with the list if the top 2 didn't take their respective spots. One has created the most recognizable music ever and the other has simply created the best music.



Thanks for putting this together. I pretty much knew from the get go who would be #1, but the rest of the top 5 is outstanding!



Cerebralbore101 said:

I'll make a day of listening to all the tracks and artists in the whole list on Saturday. :D

Not a bad way to spend some time for sure.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Thanks for putting all of this together. I've really enjoyed it. Some music like David Wise's stuff is so good, that I can listen to it even though I'm not even a particular fan of the games that the music comes from.

And then there are the top 2. I would have thought there was something wrong with the list if the top 2 didn't take their respective spots. One has created the most recognizable music ever and the other has simply created the best music.

I'm glad you've liked the list. Yeah, the top 2 were set pretty much from the beginning, with only Shimomura trailing fairly close early on in the voting.

PAOerfulone said:
Thanks for putting this together. I pretty much knew from the get go who would be #1, but the rest of the top 5 is outstanding!

No problem, though I couldn't have done it if people didn't take part in the voting. Just glad you enjoyed the countdown.