Forums - Sales Discussion - So.. CNBC says Xbox has sold 46.9 WW, any thoughts?

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Either that or that Switch on the 2017 would outsell X1 2017 (either full year or holiday), anything else would be delusional and even though I may disagree from you on several times no comment from you I remember being delusional.

Haha cheers man. When it comes to predictions I am almost always conservative as I'd rather err on the side of caution.

On that I would say I sit similar (may even be a reason why people think I'm hating when putting down some predictions).

I hoped and thought there were a small chance PS4 could achieve PS2 numbers (very very very slim chances) but my predictions on the start of the gen were probably around 100-110M on the safe side and 130M as upper limit.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

1. The number is from an IDC report a few months back that tracks console shipments through June 30th 2019.
2. The report states that XB1 is at 46.9m and PS4 is at 99.8m.
3. The PS4 number is based on shipment data that Sony releases each quarter. In this case Sony later released that the total was 100m, so close enough to IDC's estimate.
4. The XB1 number is based on market data that IDC has access to, such as NPD/GfK and they use this to estimate shipments.
5. Microsoft doesn't release numbers to confirm this, so who knows how accurate it is. It does seem to be in the general ballpark of most analyst estimates.

ZhugeEX said:
1. The number is from an IDC report a few months back that tracks console shipments through June 30th 2019.
2. The report states that XB1 is at 46.9m and PS4 is at 99.8m.
3. The PS4 number is based on shipment data that Sony releases each quarter. In this case Sony later released that the total was 100m, so close enough to IDC's estimate.
4. The XB1 number is based on market data that IDC has access to, such as NPD/GfK and they use this to estimate shipments.
5. Microsoft doesn't release numbers to confirm this, so who knows how accurate it is. It does seem to be in the general ballpark of most analyst estimates.

Thank you for posting. Myself and the rest of the sales team here at VGChartz wants our sales estimates to be as accurate as possible, which does mean making adjustments whenever we get new information from official sources. Microsoft not releasing any figures makes it challenging. It is nice to know our figures are in the right ballpark. If you have any sales numbers where we could make some adjustments that would be most welcome.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.