Forums - Sony Discussion - When are you buying the PS5?

When are you picking it up?

Pre-ordering ASAP. 38 23.90%

Launch day, launch week or so. 28 17.61%

Nah, first 12 months or so 19 11.95%

I need to see that sequel... 12 7.55%

Eventualy after some deal 26 16.35%

No clue 36 22.64%

Total:159

The thing will probably be super overpriced in my country (the XSX will cost $14000 pesos at launch in my country ), so I'll wait until it drops to a more or less affordable price (like 8000 pesos would be affordable enough for me) and it has at least 10-15 games that truly interest me. Also, not interested in a digital-only console even if it's cheaper .

Around the Network

where the poll for when PSVR2 comes out?!?
I'm predicting 2021 holiday

Farsala said:
I could easily buy it day 1, but I have a large enough backlog to last me 2 years. So unless I see something mind blowing like FFXVI or some other, I can wait.

To update, 11 months later and there is nothing on the PS5 that interests me greatly. I usually like to wait until there is at least 5 games I want, so it seems I will have to wait a long time now.

Probably Holiday 2023, after a few exclusives that interest me are out, games like a proper Spider-Man 2 with Peter Parker, Horizon: Forbidden West, God of War 5, and hopefully the first of the rumored new Uncharted trilogy by Sony San Diego and San Mateo. Also hoping that PS5 Slim is out by then, because PS5 is huge.

Farsala said:
Farsala said:
I could easily buy it day 1, but I have a large enough backlog to last me 2 years. So unless I see something mind blowing like FFXVI or some other, I can wait.

To update, 11 months later and there is nothing on the PS5 that interests me greatly. I usually like to wait until there is at least 5 games I want, so it seems I will have to wait a long time now.

I'd love to hear more from others who posted here months ago to see if they changed their minds too.

I'm still ok picking that up asap, because the games I'll want will come and when they come PS5 will still have the same price tag anyway and since it's back comp, I will have 2 rooms playing ps4 games. Good for family fun.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

I don't see myself getting a PS5 until I can get a really good deal on one. Maybe holiday 2024 or 2025? The PS4 had very few games that I liked. The PS5 would have to pull out an impressive surprise for me to want to get one sooner.

I still need more infos before I order the PS5.

When is Ratchet & Clank coming out?
Which PS4 exclusives will not only be compatible but also get PS5-enhancements?

Yesterday.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

I know this is the fanboy answer, but I did exactly what I said I was gonna do. I preordered it this morning with two games and an extra controller. Why? Because Sony has never let me down. the PS1 was a gamechanger, the PS2 was the best-selling home console of all time, the PS3 ended up really great by the end and the Ps4 basically did everything right from top to bottom. Long story short, they won my loyalty by consistently delivering a wide variety of great games, features that matter to me, and the ability to learn from their mistakes.

Nintendo and Sony both have this loyalty from me, because even when they're bad or lacklustre, they still cater to my needs enough to make a console purchase worth it. Their hardware has always been reliable for me, the gimmicks are usually right on the cusp of useful and unique, their exclusives are great, and I love their general mentality.

Honestly, the last half of the PS4's generation might be their strongest, in my personal opinion. Games like Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us, God of War, Spider-Man, and many others are all outstanding and some of them are new IPs, which is good on all fronts. PS5's pre-launch hype has been all positive for me, the games announced to be coming out within the first year are more impressive to me or more likely to appeal to my personal tastes than every Xbox exclusive I've ever seen (Not too into semi-realistic shooters like Halo or Gears and find racing games like Forza pretty boring, while shit like Demon's Souls and Ratchet & Clank are totally up my alley).

They made promises that tickle me right, and they have a history of delivering on those promises, even if it sometimes takes some detours. I've never been disappointed in a Playstation purchase, so I have absolute faith that the PS5 will be no different.

I preordered it and Can't wait to replay some PS4 games (Like Red Dead Redemption 2) in 4K while I wait for the PS5's library to bulk up. For now, Demon's Souls and Miles Morales is a great start with stuff like Kena, Ratchet & Clank, Horizon, and god of War all coming out in the near-ish future. I'm excited and I've never been this high on Sony's potential output.

Bought mine this morning. Now we play the waiting game.