By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Zelda: Link’s Awakening sold 430,000 copies in its first three days in Europe

Article (translated)

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening has sold more than 430,000 copies in Europe in 72 hours, according to Nintendo Germany. No other game for Nintendo Switch would have sold as fast as the remake of Link's Game Boy adventure this year in Europe. However, it should be noted that this year, with the exception of Super Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, the competition for this switch launch record was not really big.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Great. Now start remaking the Oracle games.

KLXVER said:

If they finally made the third one, and bundled it with the first two and made it look like this I'd spend a small fortune.

Wow, that's really great! I love the art style. I am so close to finishing astral chain, so I will finally start links awakening. I hope they give a link to the past the overhaul it deserves, but give it it's own style, not the same as links awakening... also, let's start giving the ds zelda games some love too... those would be amazing.

Great start. 430k in Europe (probably digital and japan was 140k+

US is by far the biggest zelda market.

With ship+digital WW in the 2nd quarter report we could see already a 3mil seller. How much was SMM2? Thats a good comparison of seeing how well LoZ did

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Great start. 430k in Europe (probably digital and japan was 140k+

US is by far the biggest zelda market.

With ship+digital WW in the 2nd quarter report we could see already a 3mil seller. How much was SMM2? Thats a good comparison of seeing how well LoZ did

SMM was 2.4M and released in the last week of June, so only one week of tracking

Well, 1 million at launch week is pretty much locked in. The U.S., Zelda's main market, should bring it 500k at the minimum. I actually think it's closer to 600k.
So, 500-600k + 430k + 140k = 1070-1170k, not counting the other territories.

Nice.
I wonder if BOTW's phenomenal, ceiling-smashing success has raised the baseline for Zelda sales going forwards. Judging by how much its sales dwarf past entries, it introduced the franchise to a lot of new players.

curl-6 said:

Nice.
I wonder if BOTW's phenomenal, ceiling-smashing success has raised the baseline for Zelda sales going forwards. Judging by how much its sales dwarf past entries, it introduced the franchise to a lot of new players.

I hope so! Zelda always deserved to sell BOTW like numbers! I just hope that many of the newer fans can appreciate the smaller-scope/top down games!

1doesnotsimply

KLXVER said:

I can't recall for sure... but were those games not made by Nintendo and Capcom together? or was that Minish cap? Sorry it's 6am here and I've spent my night / morning doing a hell of a lot of the same task over and over, my damaged is brain.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive