By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox Game Pass Thread - [Octopath Traveler, Outriders, Undertale, Yakuza 6, Bethesda]

Best Game Pass game of June 2020?

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 0 0%

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 & 2.5 ReMix 3 20.00%

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue 2 13.33%

No Man's Sky 3 20.00%

Observation 1 6.67%

Streets of Rogue 0 0%

The Bard’s Tale Remastered and Resnarkled 2 13.33%

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales 1 6.67%

Other 3 20.00%

Total:15
Mr Puggsly said:
d21lewis said:
I'm a bit of an Xbox fanboy I guess but I never wanted Gamepass. It looked like a good value but I preferred to "own" my games.

The deal where they converted your Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate was too good to pass up. Now, there's so many games that I planned on buying and so many games I was considering right there for the taking. When the next Xbox launches, this could be a major bullet point for Microsoft.

Now, if I just had time to play them...

I subscribe to Gamepass simply because games launch on it, including random 3rd party titles and they always seem to add 3rd party games I was interested in trying.

I'm playing Bloodstained at the moment. I can eventually own the games as well when I see a good deal.

On a side note, I use MS rewards. I trade the points in for free months of Gamepass. I had so many points that I bought about a year.

Yeah, I use MS rewards as well, I have to look into using points for Gamepass since I have gain a lot.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
d21lewis said:
I'm a bit of an Xbox fanboy I guess but I never wanted Gamepass. It looked like a good value but I preferred to "own" my games.

The deal where they converted your Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate was too good to pass up. Now, there's so many games that I planned on buying and so many games I was considering right there for the taking. When the next Xbox launches, this could be a major bullet point for Microsoft.

Now, if I just had time to play them...

I subscribe to Gamepass simply because games launch on it, including random 3rd party titles and they always seem to add 3rd party games I was interested in trying.

I'm playing Bloodstained at the moment. I can eventually own the games as well when I see a good deal.

On a side note, I use MS rewards. I trade the points in for free months of Gamepass. I had so many points that I bought about a year.

Me too! I actually knew nothing about it. Then, a couple of weeks ago I checked them out. I had enough for $45 in Amazon gift cards. Pretty great!

I had been on the fence about game pass since launch. But, the Xbox live upgrade deal convince me. I bought 36 months of Xbox live, and upgraded it to game pass ultimate for $1. It's really a great deal.

Now that I've signed up, I find it to be a truly excellent service. I really haven't had as much time to play as I would have liked, but I still see it that's awesome to have access to all those games. Combined with Xbox live and the four free games a month, a game pass ultimate subscriber well basically have a catalog of a few hundred games to play at any time. I hope from Microsoft sake that they really push this service hard with the launch of next-gen. giving people the upgrades now certainly helps to lock in current Xbox people for next generation. You're not going to jump to PlayStation if you have a subscription to game pass. But, they also need it to bring new people into the Xbox family. If they market it right, I think it can happen.

Didn't know so many of you were into collecting points for the MS Rewards program.

Game Pass Quests for October:

Complete two achievements in Jump Force to earn 100 points.
Complete two achievements in Dead Cells to earn 100 points.
Complete any achievement in the "Shocktober" collection to earn 50 points.
Complete 3 achievements in any combination of ID@Xbox games to earn 150 points.
Earn an achievement in one of the recently added games to earn 50 points.
Complete the mobile app quest to earn 100 points. Check your Xbox for details.
Earn 50 points when you complete an achievement on PC.

There's also one where you have to watch a Mixer stream for a few seconds to get 50 points.
And the monthly survey (which is 4 or 5 yes/no questions) for 150 points.

easy points up to 800 of which most will come naturally.

Barozi said:
Didn't know so many of you were into collecting points for the MS Rewards program.

There's also one where you have to watch a Mixer stream for a few seconds to get 50 points.

Most of my points come from just using Bing as my primary search engine. You even earn some points using the Edge browser which is pretty impressive now.

I do a lot of searches so that's thousands of points a month.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Barozi said:

Dishonored 2 is now available!

EDIT: Turns out the PC version also joined the service!

Bought this game and still in my backlog, now GP has it.  Oh well, that is what I get for taking so long.  Anyway I did purchase it with all the DLC since it was on the cheap.

I bought Kingdom Come during launch but never played it because it was a bug filled mess with horrible save system. Then they added it to game pass heh. 

To Barozi, nice thread worthy of this awesome service!

Mr Puggsly said:
Barozi said:

Most of my points come from just using Bing as my primary search engine. You even earn some points using the Edge browser which is pretty impressive now.

I just use an app that does the searches for me automatically as I prefer Google.
Always doing the extra stuff whenever I can (and remember).

Mr Puggsly said:
Barozi said:

I use Bing as well but I think there's a limit to how many points you can earn per day.

Within the Xbox you can also go to the web site to do those daily that give you points. I do those a lot which amount to easy points including using bing as my main engine on my phone and PC.

Any game suggestions? I want to play something short but fun.