By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's New Fit Game (Ring Fit Adventure™)

Interest Level?

Getting at launch! 9 24.32%

Might pick it up eventually 11 29.73%

Leaning towards no 3 8.11%

Not a chance! 13 35.14%

Other 1 2.70%

Total:37
Bofferbrauer2 said:
zorg1000 said:

Speaking of Splatoon, I want a spinoff in the style of Mario+Rabbids

So instead of ink, they shoot plumbing rubbers on Raving Rabbits? And while the inklings hide in their paint, the rabbits simply burrow down and dig Bugs bunny style? Would be a nice mashup imo.

Also would be a nice development gag, as originally the devs of Splatoon thought about using rabbits, with their ears giving away their positions...

I was thinking Inklings vs Octolings. I just meant with similar gameplay, not necessarily another Rabbids crossover.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

So instead of ink, they shoot plumbing rubbers on Raving Rabbits? And while the inklings hide in their paint, the rabbits simply burrow down and dig Bugs bunny style? Would be a nice mashup imo.

Also would be a nice development gag, as originally the devs of Splatoon thought about using rabbits, with their ears giving away their positions...

I was thinking Inklings vs Octolings. I just meant with similar gameplay, not necessarily another Rabbids crossover.

Ah okay, sorry I misunderstood what you meant

RolStoppable said:
I upped the level of intensity after completing the story. I was repeatedly considering to do it during the main story, but everytime the game threw sections at me where I had to do things like 50 squats in a row or holding a taxing position for more than 30 seconds. That made me refrain from turning the intensity up because I didn't want to die (slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean).

Now that I am playing the earlier stages of the game again, I can safely play at higher intensity. I have to do 1-4 additional repeats per exercise, depending on the exercise. That's not much, but it adds up over the course of a session. My heart rate (measured after each stage) is about back in the area where I want it to be, so I'll do another week at this level and see how things develop. I just wish I could enter a number for the intensity level manually instead of having to rely on the questions that I get asked which then determine the level.

If you go to settings with the < button while in adventure mode or custom mode, you can scroll down to difficulty settings and manually adjust the difficulty there. :)

RolStoppable said:
Soren0079 said:

If you go to settings with the < button while in adventure mode or custom mode, you can scroll down to difficulty settings and manually adjust the difficulty there. :)

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. After today's session I think that I'll have to stay at the current level for at least two weeks. How tough a session is also depends on what the story throws at you and today I've gone through the chapter that closes out with five boss fight stages in a row.

But otherwise, increasing the intensity by three levels seems reasonable enough.

Goodluck and enjoy! :)

curl-6 said:

For all those asking if you can actually get fit with this, apparently it worked for this guy

https://gonintendo.com/stories/352213-ring-fit-adventure-player-showcases-his-body-s-transformation-aft

Are we sure he didn't use some other device instead?

"Our surgeons did what they could, but it took them two hours just to remove the smile from his face"

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!