By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's New Fit Game (Ring Fit Adventure™)

Interest Level?

Getting at launch! 9 24.32%

Might pick it up eventually 11 29.73%

Leaning towards no 3 8.11%

Not a chance! 13 35.14%

Other 1 2.70%

Total:37

I was wrong.

The game is good.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
I think this one could be a huge sleeper hit on the level of Just Dance. Especially if they have updates like “Super Mario RPG Ring Fit expansion.”

Dear god. I want that.

Welp, I caved and ordered the game (along with BL3 and Mario Maker 2 all for great deals)! Saw it 10 bucks off on amazon. Obviously I don't expect this game isn't going to be a miracle weight loss solution to me but I do feel it could help kick my ass back into gear and help me get the ball rollin so to speak. I've let myself go these past couple years :/

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:
Welp, I caved and ordered the game (along with BL3 and Mario Maker 2 all for great deals)! Saw it 10 bucks off on amazon. Obviously I don't expect this game isn't going to be a miracle weight loss solution to me but I do feel it could help kick my ass back into gear and help me get the ball rollin so to speak. I've let myself go these past couple years :/

I see it says 10 off on amazon and also out of stock, but it still lets me order it? Wonder if they will honor it. 

The game is facing shortages as retailers across Japan sell out:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/348397-ring-fit-adventure-facing-shortages-in-japan

And apparently speedrunning the game is becoming a thing:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/348440-yes-ring-fit-adventure-speedruns-are-a-thing

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 November 2019

Around the Network

Is Ring Fit the first game to use the legstraps? Did the EA fitness games or Just Dance ever do it?

Seems like with one or two joycons on each limb, any large movements could be detected. Sit ups, star jumps, flossing.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Dyotropic said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

I see it says 10 off on amazon and also out of stock, but it still lets me order it? Wonder if they will honor it. 

Yeah you should be locked in after you place the order. Just got an update myself saying my order is now expected to be delivered next week when just yesterday it was "unknown." Since it's in backorder status it should be honored, may just have to wait a bit longer to receive the package.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Pyro as Bill said:

Is Ring Fit the first game to use the legstraps? Did the EA fitness games or Just Dance ever do it?

Seems like with one or two joycons on each limb, any large movements could be detected. Sit ups, star jumps, flossing.

EA Sports Active did use straps, but they didn't work very well as they'd often not register reps - I would get as high as about 1/4 to 1/3rd of my reps not registering on certain exercises, and some of them required ridiculously exaggerated movements. After about 8-10 hours of Ring Fit usage, I have yet to see a single rep of anything not register. So, regardless, it's the first game with a leg strap that I've seen working correctly.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Wow.. I'm pretty shocked both at how much fun I'm having with this game, and how much it actually makes me break a sweat. As I expected, this is a very linear and basic game, qualities on usually not too keen on - but anytime you can make an exercise even moderately fun and interesting, it's super impressive and admirable in my book. I do sort of wish there was a bit more freedom of exploration, customization/upgrades, and a real difference in the strength applied to the ring translating to the strength of your attacks against enemies, but overall I'm enjoying it. The level of nuance in the motion controls/movement recognition is impressive and the feeling of tactility when walloping the monsters makes those typically grueling reps a ton more satisfying.

My only concern is beating the game relatively quickly as I've only logged a few hours of workouts and I'm already done with world 2. Though I suppose I can always go back and replay the game on "Extreme" difficulty (currently playing on the third tier difficulty which I think is called Intense). And I've still barely played the separate minigames and can always resort to just jumping into the "quick play" options which you just get right down to the reps.

DarthMetalliCube said:
Wow.. I'm pretty shocked both at how much fun I'm having with this game, and how much it actually makes me break a sweat. As I expected, this is a very linear and basic game, qualities on usually not too keen on - but anytime you can make an exercise even moderately fun and interesting, it's super impressive and admirable in my book. I do sort of wish there was a bit more freedom of exploration, customization/upgrades, and a real difference in the strength applied to the ring translating to the strength of your attacks against enemies, but overall I'm enjoying it. The level of nuance in the motion controls/movement recognition is impressive and the feeling of tactility when walloping the monsters makes those typically grueling reps a ton more satisfying.

My only concern is beating the game relatively quickly as I've only logged a few hours of workouts and I'm already done with world 2. Though I suppose I can always go back and replay the game on "Extreme" difficulty (currently playing on the third tier difficulty which I think is called Intense). And I've still barely played the separate minigames and can always resort to just jumping into the "quick play" options which you just get right down to the reps.

The game has 20 worlds, and they get considerably longer as you go on.  I've put in about 8 hours of movement time and I just finished world 10.  Hoping there's a new game plus deal or some DLC.

You'll also unlock a skill tree a bit later on, and some other abilities that give you some more freedom to customize your workout.