Forums - General Discussion - [Update] Surgery a success; tumor removed.

That sucks Curl. Hope you get the best care and this goes away. Don't forget to update people here :)

Strength and peace, take care. Otb

Around the Network

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with that, dude. I sympathize with the OCD and the illness phobia. I had a debilitating illness a couple years back that really seemed like it would kill me, and the doctors never figured out what it was before I got better, so I've had the same phobia ever since. Combine that with OCD and it's brutal, so I get it man. Keep us updated, my friend. It would suck to lose you, but we'll try to be there for you as best we can. I hope this is just benign. You're a valued member of this community buddy.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the way you've conducted arguments with me, I've pointed this out long ago, but even still I'd never wish such circumstances on you. I'm pretty sure you're not a bad guy, so it'd be preferable if you did not die.

To those who posted overnight, thank you for all the kind words and well wishes. I will keep you guys updated. :)

sethnintendo said:

Not sure if already said but how did you find out. Was it during check up or was there symptoms.  Sorry to hear but sounds like caught early or least not too late.

My leg was itchy and when I was scratching it I could feel a subtle lump. When I pressed on it, it was tender and sent a weird feeling down to my heel like when you bump the nerve in your elbow. Went and got it checked a few days later; the doctor recommended an ultrasound. The ultrasound indicated a tumor.

On the positive side, things have been moving fast; it took me less than a week after noticing it to get a diagnosis, so while I don't know how long it was there before I noticed it, at least I haven't had to wait around for ages before getting it dealt with. Hopefully the operation will also come around promptly; it could be out of me within a month of finding it, which would bode well.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

My leg was itchy and when I was scratching it I could feel a subtle lump. When I pressed on it, it was tender and sent a weird feeling down to my heel like when you bump the nerve in your elbow. Went and got it checked a few days later; the doctor recommended an ultrasound. The ultrasound indicated a tumor.

You mean to tell me an itch on my leg could turn out to be cancer? Okay, that's terrifying. That's going to drive my OCD and illness phobia nuts. I see now why this affected you so much. Something that benign turning into something that potentially terrifying is nightmare fuel. I sympathize with you so much right now, dude.

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:
curl-6 said:

Dunno why I'm posting this here except that over the past 9.5 years VGC has been almost like a second online home/family for me, a special place where I feel accepted, and I wanted to give an explanation as to why my behaviour in this coming months may be a bit irrational or over the top.

So yeah, just got some unfortunate news from my doctor. The positive side is though,the prognosis is good; this particular kind of tumor most often turns out to be benign. Still, I won't know for sure if it's benign or malignant until they remove it, which could take a few weeks/months.

As someone with OCD and an intense phobia of serious illness, I'm under a huge amount of stress right now as you can imagine, and so while I'll still be posting here, I'm going to try not to participate in the kind of intense debates I usually get into in order to minimize this stress.

I apologize in advance if I lose my cool over the following months, I will try my best not to.

Thank you all for your understanding, and for just generally being an awesome community of people.

You are definitely in my thoughts. I have a similar mental illness. I felt nauseated just clicking on the thread.
I hope you pull through.

Thanks. I'm sorry if the subject matter upset you, trust me I know the feeling. If it's any consolation, what I got is very likely to turn out to be fixable.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

HylianSwordsman said:
curl-6 said:

You mean to tell me an itch on my leg could turn out to be cancer? Okay, that's terrifying. That's going to drive my OCD and illness phobia nuts. I see now why this affected you so much. Something that benign turning into something that potentially terrifying is nightmare fuel. I sympathize with you so much right now, dude.

The itch had nothing to do with the tumor. The calling card was that when pressed on the lump hurt and sent a nerve zap to my foot, indicating that it was a growth pressing on a nerve. 

As someone with OCD I know this kind of talk can be terrifying but please don't freak out every time you get an itch, that bit wasn't a symptom, it was just how I first noticed it, while scratching. It was coincidental.

You'll pull through fine! We're with ya!

Wish you the best. Hope you beat this thing. :(

I'm not good at cheering people up or anything, so let's just go with this: Stay strong!