Forums - General Discussion - [Update] Surgery a success; tumor removed.

That is fantastic, Curl. Keep up the activity and the persistence!

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run)
Doom 3: BFG Edition
PC:

Natural Doctrine

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Deadly Premonition: DC
Crysis
Around the Network
curl-6 said:

While it's still uncertain as to whether it'll ever happen, I'm setting myself the long term goal of running again. I used to be a cross country and track runner in school, and I always enjoyed going for a nice jog. 

I wanna feel that rush again someday.

Huh, I didn't know this about you. I'll call you Ryuji from now on.

Seriously though, I'm really happy for you.

Well, next week I have my first post-op scans to make sure the cancer is gone.

My last scans, less than a month and a half before the surgery, said it was only the one tumor, and when they removed that they said they got a clean margin around it, so the odds are good this time that I’m all clear.

Still, after feeling like it was finally over for the last few months, it’s kinda terrifying to be back in that mindset of having to get scans and wait on the results to see if I’m okay. And after quarantining myself for months, having to visit a hospital is also pretty scary.

It's gonna be a challenging month.

On the plus side though, my physiotherapist says my progress in terms of recovering my mobility is "fantastic" and I'm almost back to walking normally, which I thought would take a lot longer than this.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Well, next week I have my first post-op scans to make sure the cancer is gone.

My last scans, less than a month and a half before the surgery, said it was only the one tumor, and when they removed that they said they got a clean margin around it, so the odds are good this time that I’m all clear.

Still, after feeling like it was finally over for the last few months, it’s kinda terrifying to be back in that mindset of having to get scans and wait on the results to see if I’m okay. And after quarantining myself for months, having to visit a hospital is also pretty scary.

It's gonna be a challenging month.

On the plus side though, my physiotherapist says my progress in terms of recovering my mobility is "fantastic" and I'm almost back to walking normally, which I thought would take a lot longer than this.

Hope the scans come back clean.

Good luck with the scans. Don't be too scared. Sounds pretty good from what you are saying. Be careful in the hospital and all the best!

Around the Network

I had no idea you were going through this. Good shit though. I'm happy for you.