By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Update] Officially two years cancer free

Just had my 8-month-mark  scans today.

Having to wait on the results is always a suffocatingly terrifying experience, but the last ones in August came back clear, so here’s hoping nothing’s changed since then.

Cancer really does change your life; things don’t just go back to the way were before once it’s removed. But whatever the results say, I’ll push forwards.

Around the Network

Best wishes again! One step at a time you'll get out of it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Cheers man.
It's three days til I get my results, so I apologise to all if I seem a bit off in that time, I'm stressing outta my damn mind.
Just trying to keep myself distracted as avoid other stressors as much as possible.

By the way @KLAMarine, how are things with your recovery? Well I hope?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 December 2020

curl-6 said:

Cheers man.
It's three days til I get my results, so I apologise to all if I seem a bit off in that time, I'm stressing outta my damn mind.
Just trying to keep myself distracted as avoid other stressors as much as possible.

So far, so good. The chemo some months back seemed to do the trick: the swollen node on my neck shrunk away almost immediately.

Feeling very positive and I wish you the best on your follow-up!

CaptainExplosion said:

Are you holding up ok tonight? :)

I am thanks, just watching Netflix, playing some Doom Eternal, and doing my daily exercises to keep myself busy as it's my day off. :)

KLAMarine said:
curl-6 said:

Cheers man.

So far, so good. The chemo some months back seemed to do the trick: the swollen node on my neck shrunk away almost immediately.

Thanks man, really glad to hear things are going well on your end! Hope chemo wasn't too rough on you.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

I am thanks, just watching Netflix, playing some Doom Eternal, and doing my daily exercises to keep myself busy as it's my day off. :)

KLAMarine said:

Thanks man, really glad to hear things are going well on your end! Hope chemo wasn't too rough on you.

If I were you, I'd have stomped the tumor repeatedly after it was removed. Just for extra catharsis. :)

Haha as satisfying as that would have been, it was taken away as medical waste and incinerated according to law haha. One of my friends actually joked about me asking if I could keep it in a jar. "Haha, who's laughing now ya little shit?"

Well, my 8-month-mark scans came back clean, no sign of cancer.
My next checkpoint will be my one year anniversary of removal in April where they'll give me a full body PET, CT, and MRI, what my doctor calls "A Burger with the Lot".
But that's getting ahead of myself, no need to start worrying about that yet. For the moment, it's all good.

Amazing news!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Good news. With 2020, the next year might bring more of the same. Nintendo should have a better Software year for sure.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Great news.

I have a question, do you know how much time will it take until we can say that the cancer is gone for good? Will the next checkpoint going to be the final one? Sorry, I don't know how these things work.