By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Update] Officially two years cancer free

KLAMarine said:
curl-6 said:

Ugh, it was too good to be true.

Hospital just called; my operation's been postponed, and they can't even tell me the new date.

I'm so fucking over this bullshit, at every stage in this process something has gone wrong, from failed operations to delays to getting lost in the system. I've been waiting more than SEVEN MONTHS now to have this cancer removed. 

At this point it really feels like I'm going to fucking die waiting.

Very sorry to hear that. I hope it wasn't because of the virus.

Keep calling the hospital to check up on things: gotta regularly remind them.

Thanks; I'm definitely not gonna let them forget about me, trust me! That already happened with the first hospital I was referred to back in August. This time I will be all over them until it's done.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Things actually haven't gotten too bad yet here in terms of COVID-19 cases, but I think what's happened is they are trying to force through as many upcoming surgeries as possible ahead of a predicted influx of COVID patients, and I must've been pushed down the list as less urgent.

My op was scheduled for the 14th, they say they'll try and fit me in the following week but can't make any promises yet.

They could be preparing in case things get worse where you live. But I do hope you have your surgery soon. 

Yeah they are preparing, the state premier openly stated a few weeks back that their intention was to push through surgeries and stuff over the next few weeks to free up resources. I had hoped that would mean mine would be pushed through as well but apparently not.

SammyGiireal said:

I didn't know you were battling against this issue until now. First, I am glad that it didn't spread and you are at a point were the tumor can be removed. Second, I am sorry about the fact that your surgery has been postponed, COVID-19 has really changed the world and the established order of our daily lives. It is important that you stay positive and safe. I hope you can get it rescheduled soon, so that you can get rid of the tumor and have peace of mind. My prayers are with you, and you will pull through! You are one of the great posters here. God bless!

Thanks man.

Around the Network

And just like that, the operation is back on for the 14th! The hospital called again and said they were somehow able to wrangle things to get my original slot back.

Holy moly what a rollercoaster of a day. I feel physically exhausted and a bit ill from all the emotions! I'm kinda scared it'll change again now, but they assure me that short of extraordinary circumstances, it should be locked in this time. I feel a bit bad for venting so hard now, I was just so scared and frustrated.

Here's hoping this time it really will be sorted out for good!

Last edited by curl-6 - on 09 April 2020

Good luck with your surgery!

Thanks guys!
My surgery is early in the morning so by this time in 4 days I should be underway.

By the way KLA, how are you doing?

curl-6 said:

And just like that, the operation is back on for the 14th! The hospital called again and said they were somehow able to wrangle things to get my original slot back.

Holy moly what a rollercoaster of a day. I feel physically exhausted and a bit ill from all the emotions! I'm kinda scared it'll change again now, but they assure me that short of extraordinary circumstances, it should be locked in this time. I feel a bit bad for venting so hard now, I was just so scared and frustrated.

Here's hoping this time it really will be sorted out for good!

Indeed, what a rollercoaster! I'm glad you won't have to wait longer for that surgery.

We are at your side, man. Keep it up.

Around the Network

The final stretch.

That stress will be a thing of the past soon.

Take care, Curl.

curl-6 said:
Thanks guys!
My surgery is early in the morning so by this time in 4 days I should be underway.

They found lymphoma in the lymph node. Not good news...

Currently feel fine so hoping doctor's have positive news in the future.

KLAMarine said:
curl-6 said:
Thanks guys!

Oh shit, I'm really sorry to hear man. At least you've already had that node removed so hopefully that has nipped it in the bud.

I was in your position back in December, having just gotten the bad news and really scared of what would happen next. Try to eat well and do as much of the things you enjoy as you can. If you ever need to talk, about anything, you can post here or PM me. 

Remember that treatment has advanced a long way in recent decades and has never been better.

curl-6 said:
KLAMarine said:

Oh shit, I'm really sorry to hear man. At least you've already had that node removed so hopefully that has nipped it in the bud.

I was in your position back in December, having just gotten the bad news and really scared of what would happen next. Try to eat well and do as much of the things you enjoy as you can. If you ever need to talk, about anything, you can post here or PM me. 

Remember that treatment has advanced a long way in recent decades and has never been better.

Thank you. I will reach out if I ever feel the need to.

trunkswd said:
KLAMarine said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you get positive news from the doctors in the future. 

Fingers crossed for good news.

Currently, I find courage in people who have had similar struggles like Mr T or KC Chiefs Eric Berry. Lymphoma survivors.

I intend to fight this. Fight this tooth and nail until I can't fight no more...

KLAMarine said:
curl-6 said:

Thank you. I will reach out if I ever feel the need to.

trunkswd said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you get positive news from the doctors in the future. 

Fingers crossed for good news.

Currently, I find courage in people who have had similar struggles like Mr T or KC Chiefs Eric Berry. Lymphoma survivors.

I intend to fight this. Fight this tooth and nail until I can't fight no more...

Know 3 people that survived this particular lymphoma,something like this is always such a damn stressfull scare that goes on for a bit but you are young and very able to withstand this hurdle!

Wish you the best.