By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Update] Officially two years cancer free

curl-6 said:

Finally got a date... for surgery!

I'm due to go in to have my cancer removed on the 14th of April. 

I'll be in hospital for one to two weeks afterwards, and I'm going to permanently lose sensation in my foot since they'll be taking out a sizable chunk of one of the main nerves in my leg, but that's a small price to pay. I will still be able to walk, and honestly I'd be fine with an amputation if that would solve the problem.

In just 29 days the tumor should be gone.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda sad that you will lose sensation on your foot. I was hoping for no side effects at all. But if you'll still going to be able to walk, I guess that's really a small price to pay.

Keep it up, it's almost over.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I'll be in hospital for one to two weeks afterwards, and I'm going to permanently lose sensation in my foot since they'll be taking out a sizable chunk of one of the main nerves in my leg, but that's a small price to pay. I will still be able to walk, and honestly I'd be fine with an amputation if that would solve the problem.

Amazing news. I recommend watching/reading Tower of god while you're stuck in the hospital. Its the one piece of webtoons and the first to get an anime adaptation starting april 1st.

Hope you don't have to have an amputation, but that's a positive way to look at this situation. Best of luck on your surgery and recovery!

super_etecoon said:
Hope you don't have to have an amputation, but that's a positive way to look at this situation. Best of luck on your surgery and recovery!

There's no need for an amputation right now thankfully, as the doctor in charge of my case says the best course is the removal of a section of the tibial nerve where the tumor is. I just meant that if amputation was the recommended course, I'd be fine with that if it meant being cured. And thanks!

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
curl-6 said:

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda sad that you will lose sensation on your foot. I was hoping for no side effects at all. But if you'll still going to be able to walk, I guess that's really a small price to pay.

Keep it up, it's almost over.

Yeah I was hoping for as little side effects as possible too, but I can't complain as I have been so incredibly fortunate thus far, with the cancer not having spread and being curable. Just a couple of months ago, before I'd had my scans, for all I knew it could be terminal, so I see this as a pretty great outcome.

Best of luck to you. I am very glad that things worked out quite well so far. You are in my thoughts and I hope for the best. Keep thinking positively.

Around the Network

Nice job Curl's body!

So what kind of cancer was it? Foot or leg cancer doesn't sound right...

I'm glad to see the update, I hope that it will completely cure soon enough.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Thanks again guys. :)

Farsala said:
Nice job Curl's body!

So what kind of cancer was it? Foot or leg cancer doesn't sound right...

It's a Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor. It's a cancer of the coating around the nerve, in this case the tibial nerve in my right leg. It's actually quite rare. 

They can also be really nasty, so I'm very fortunate that mine seems to have been caught in time and is responding to treatment.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 March 2020

Quick question, Curl. Had a swollen lymph node removed today, I might need radiation therapy soon, what's it like?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1