By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Update] Officially two years cancer free

I'm surprised and honestly saddened about your health problem.

I hope it's benign and all turns good.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I really, really wish you get well soon, man. Stay positive.

Wishing for the best

Sorry to hear that, curl. So glad to hear that there is often a positive outcome to your diagnosis. It's great that there is a place like this site that does bring people together to allow them to discuss the most frivolous of subjects, and the very serious. Here's to a very speedy and positive recovery for you. And I don't think you have to worry about upsetting anyone in a debate or anything. You're always rational and not mean spirited, even if your opinions differ strongly from others. Keep your head up, try not to dwell too much on the fear (easier said than done, I know) and focus on things that make you happy.

Take care of yourself :)

Around the Network

Hoping for the best outcome for you curl.
You are a positive part of the site.
Wishing you and your loved ones the best.

That sucks Curl. Hope you get the best care and this goes away. Don't forget to update people here :)

Strength and peace, take care. Otb

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with that, dude. I sympathize with the OCD and the illness phobia. I had a debilitating illness a couple years back that really seemed like it would kill me, and the doctors never figured out what it was before I got better, so I've had the same phobia ever since. Combine that with OCD and it's brutal, so I get it man. Keep us updated, my friend. It would suck to lose you, but we'll try to be there for you as best we can. I hope this is just benign. You're a valued member of this community buddy.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the way you've conducted arguments with me, I've pointed this out long ago, but even still I'd never wish such circumstances on you. I'm pretty sure you're not a bad guy, so it'd be preferable if you did not die.

To those who posted overnight, thank you for all the kind words and well wishes. I will keep you guys updated. :)

sethnintendo said:

Not sure if already said but how did you find out. Was it during check up or was there symptoms.  Sorry to hear but sounds like caught early or least not too late.

My leg was itchy and when I was scratching it I could feel a subtle lump. When I pressed on it, it was tender and sent a weird feeling down to my heel like when you bump the nerve in your elbow. Went and got it checked a few days later; the doctor recommended an ultrasound. The ultrasound indicated a tumor.

On the positive side, things have been moving fast; it took me less than a week after noticing it to get a diagnosis, so while I don't know how long it was there before I noticed it, at least I haven't had to wait around for ages before getting it dealt with. Hopefully the operation will also come around promptly; it could be out of me within a month of finding it, which would bode well.