By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Update] One year since surgery, scans say I am cancer free

JRPGfan said:
JRPGfan said:

When I opened the thread, and saw the OP was Curl-6, Im like "I know that guy", your not just some random user here.
I was abit bummed, usually a thread with "I have a tumor" doesnt end well.

Glad it turn out to be benign, Curl.
Best of wishes on your recovery.

Two years ago,....  little did I know, what the future would hold.

I saw this thread in the "hot topics" collum, and it hit me.

My grandmom, recently died to cancer.

Apparently she had a tumor growing (uterus), but after haveing already had surgery/kemo once before (cancer) (years ago), she wasnt eager to go through that ordeal again. So she kept quiet about it. She complained about been weak or in pain, and no one knew anything was wrong with her (but herself, she hid it well). So outta the blue, within a periode of 1 month, just got so bad she was hospitalised, and 2 weeks lateron she was dead.  That was like 2 months ago.

My dad, about 6 months ago, got the news that he had a tumor growing on his liver (stage 4-5 liver cancer).
Apparently its terminal (ei. they cant remove it, or treat it), he had some pills (kemo thingy) that he couldn't handle (were supposed to prolong his life, possibly in the range of 5-10 years). He had some surgery to aid in some of the faults that pop-up from haveing a damaged liver.... which ofc didn't go well either.  He's now in a hospice, and probably only has months left.

In short..... screw cancer.

Wish my dad'd treatment had gone better, covid19 sure as hell didn't help things any.

I feel for you, stage 4-5 liver cancer sucks. In fact it was the starting point for the deaths in my family. It was sudden and it was my great uncle, died in the same time frame of about 6 months and completely incurable. My great grandparents were still alive and they were obviously sad about losing a son, maybe it affected their health I don't know. But I went to Japan, then the 3 deaths came. First my Great Grandma, then my Great Grandpa, then the hardest was my Grandma 1 year ago.

Don't let it affect you too much. Keep strong!



Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Thanks heaps everyone; it's been 19 months of rough road but for the first time in a long time I can put my mind at ease, at least in regards to cancer. I really appreciate you guys sticking with me through this journey.

JRPGfan said:

Two years ago,....  little did I know, what the future would hold.

I saw this thread in the "hot topics" collum, and it hit me.

My grandmom, recently died to cancer.

Apparently she had a tumor growing (uterus), but after haveing already had surgery/kemo once before (cancer) (years ago), she wasnt eager to go through that ordeal again. So she kept quiet about it. She complained about been weak or in pain, and no one knew anything was wrong with her (but herself, she hid it well). So outta the blue, within a periode of 1 month, just got so bad she was hospitalised, and 2 weeks lateron she was dead.  That was like 2 months ago.

My dad, about 6 months ago, got the news that he had a tumor growing on his liver (stage 4-5 liver cancer).
Apparently its terminal (ei. they cant remove it, or treat it), he had some pills (kemo thingy) that he couldn't handle (were supposed to prolong his life, possibly in the range of 5-10 years). He had some surgery to aid in some of the faults that pop-up from haveing a damaged liver.... which ofc didn't go well either.  He's now in a hospice, and probably only has months left.

In short..... screw cancer.

Wish my dad'd treatment had gone better, covid19 sure as hell didn't help things any.

I'm so sorry to hear this man. I know how it feels; I lost both my maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother to cancer less than a year apart back in 2017, and my father passed away when I was a teenager. I know there's nothing I can say to make the struggle any easier but just know you have my very best wishes and I'm thinking of you and your family.

Thanks Curl-6.
Its been abit rough, my family is kinda small (and I dont have much contact with much of the family, apart from my mom/dad and my grandmother).
So ontop of loseing my brother to suicide back in 2017 or so, it now feels like the circle is shrinking. My brother's death was a big blow at the time, I always envisioned myself as a old sod, but atleast I'd have my brother around. Now it looks like it wont be long, and all I'll have left is my mom.

I didn't mean to side track the thread. Its just was it cancer related... and wanted to vent abit.

Farsala said:
JRPGfan said:

Two years ago,....  little did I know, what the future would hold.

I saw this thread in the "hot topics" collum, and it hit me.

My grandmom, recently died to cancer.

Apparently she had a tumor growing (uterus), but after haveing already had surgery/kemo once before (cancer) (years ago), she wasnt eager to go through that ordeal again. So she kept quiet about it. She complained about been weak or in pain, and no one knew anything was wrong with her (but herself, she hid it well). So outta the blue, within a periode of 1 month, just got so bad she was hospitalised, and 2 weeks lateron she was dead.  That was like 2 months ago.

My dad, about 6 months ago, got the news that he had a tumor growing on his liver (stage 4-5 liver cancer).
Apparently its terminal (ei. they cant remove it, or treat it), he had some pills (kemo thingy) that he couldn't handle (were supposed to prolong his life, possibly in the range of 5-10 years). He had some surgery to aid in some of the faults that pop-up from haveing a damaged liver.... which ofc didn't go well either.  He's now in a hospice, and probably only has months left.

In short..... screw cancer.

Wish my dad'd treatment had gone better, covid19 sure as hell didn't help things any.

I feel for you, stage 4-5 liver cancer sucks. In fact it was the starting point for the deaths in my family. It was sudden and it was my great uncle, died in the same time frame of about 6 months and completely incurable. My great grandparents were still alive and they were obviously sad about losing a son, maybe it affected their health I don't know. But I went to Japan, then the 3 deaths came. First my Great Grandma, then my Great Grandpa, then the hardest was my Grandma 1 year ago.

Don't let it affect you too much. Keep strong!

I'm trying.



JRPGfan said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks heaps everyone; it's been 19 months of rough road but for the first time in a long time I can put my mind at ease, at least in regards to cancer. I really appreciate you guys sticking with me through this journey.

I'm so sorry to hear this man. I know how it feels; I lost both my maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother to cancer less than a year apart back in 2017, and my father passed away when I was a teenager. I know there's nothing I can say to make the struggle any easier but just know you have my very best wishes and I'm thinking of you and your family.

Thanks Curl-6.
Its been abit rough, my family is kinda small (and I dont have much contact with much of the family, apart from my mom/dad and my grandmother).
So ontop of loseing my brother to suicide back in 2017 or so, it now feels like the circle is shrinking. My brother's death was a big blow at the time, I always envisioned myself as a old sod, but atleast I'd have my brother around. Now it looks like it wont be long, and all I'll have left is my mom.

I didn't mean to side track the thread. Its just was it cancer related... and wanted to vent abit.

It's okay man, I hope it helps in some small way to be able to get it out and get some support from us.

I think by the time most of us get to a certain age we've lost people we know to cancer or at least know people close to us who've had it. In spite of all my fears about it, I certainly didn't think it would happen to me in my early 30s. Heck, i always kinda imagined I'd have my Dad around til he was old and grey, before he left us when I was 19. Life throws us tough curve balls.

It still kinda feels surreal to say I've had cancer, and at the same time after 19 months it feels equally surreal to be cancer free. My brain is still adjusting to it all. 

Anyway, we're here for you man.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.