By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Update] One year since surgery, scans say I am cancer free

JEMC said:

Once again, congratulations curl. We're all happy for your recovery and very proud of your positive attitude .

Indeed. You'll be running marathons in no time, Curl!

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
Around the Network

Thanks so much guys, once again.

My next big milestones, besides full-on running, are my chest scan next month, then my full-body PET, CT, and MRI scans on the one year anniversary of my surgery next April. If that turns up nothing, then it'll be looking pretty promising in terms of it being gone for good.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Just had my 8-month-mark  scans today.

Having to wait on the results is always a suffocatingly terrifying experience, but the last ones in August came back clear, so here’s hoping nothing’s changed since then.

Cancer really does change your life; things don’t just go back to the way were before once it’s removed. But whatever the results say, I’ll push forwards.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Best wishes again! One step at a time you'll get out of it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Cheers man.
It's three days til I get my results, so I apologise to all if I seem a bit off in that time, I'm stressing outta my damn mind.
Just trying to keep myself distracted as avoid other stressors as much as possible.

By the way @KLAMarine, how are things with your recovery? Well I hope?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 December 2020

Around the Network

Are you holding up ok tonight? :)

curl-6 said:

Cheers man.
It's three days til I get my results, so I apologise to all if I seem a bit off in that time, I'm stressing outta my damn mind.
Just trying to keep myself distracted as avoid other stressors as much as possible.

So far, so good. The chemo some months back seemed to do the trick: the swollen node on my neck shrunk away almost immediately.

Feeling very positive and I wish you the best on your follow-up!

CaptainExplosion said:

I am thanks, just watching Netflix, playing some Doom Eternal, and doing my daily exercises to keep myself busy as it's my day off. :)

KLAMarine said:
curl-6 said:

Cheers man.

So far, so good. The chemo some months back seemed to do the trick: the swollen node on my neck shrunk away almost immediately.

Thanks man, really glad to hear things are going well on your end! Hope chemo wasn't too rough on you.

curl-6 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I am thanks, just watching Netflix, playing some Doom Eternal, and doing my daily exercises to keep myself busy as it's my day off. :)

KLAMarine said:

Thanks man, really glad to hear things are going well on your end! Hope chemo wasn't too rough on you.

If I were you, I'd have stomped the tumor repeatedly after it was removed. Just for extra catharsis. :)

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

KLAMarine said:

If I were you, I'd have stomped the tumor repeatedly after it was removed. Just for extra catharsis. :)

Haha as satisfying as that would have been, it was taken away as medical waste and incinerated according to law haha. One of my friends actually joked about me asking if I could keep it in a jar. "Haha, who's laughing now ya little shit?"