By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Update] One year since surgery, scans say I am cancer free

JuliusHackebeil said:
That is just great to hear!
Do you have a specific target in mind for your first walk? Like perbaps your favourit restaurant, or park?

Thanks! I hadn't thought about that to be honest. I should probably start with something small and manageable, like walking around my block.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
JuliusHackebeil said:
That is just great to hear!
Do you have a specific target in mind for your first walk? Like perbaps your favourit restaurant, or park?

Thanks! I hadn't thought about that to be honest. I should probably start with something small and manageable, like walking around my block.

Thats nice,personally i do enjoy walks in nature with all the sounds of the birds and the sun shining through the trees.

It has a very soothing effect on me and it mostly makes me a bit happier when i'm feeling down.

Immersiveunreality said:
curl-6 said:

Thats nice,personally i do enjoy walks in nature with all the sounds of the birds and the sun shining through the trees.

It has a very soothing effect on me and it mostly makes me a bit happier when i'm feeling down.

Yeah I also find nature very therapeutic.

There is a park near me that has a lake and trees, but it's about 15 minutes walk away. Something to work towards perhaps. :)

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yeah I also find nature very therapeutic.

There is a park near me that has a lake and trees, but it's about 15 minutes walk away. Something to work towards perhaps. :)

Yes that would be a good goal to begin with!

Good luck with the endeavours.

Goal accomplished; walked to the corner of the block and back.

Funny how something so easily taken for granted became a challenging undertaking, but a month ago I couldn't make it to the letterbox, so I'm making progress!

I’m gonna try to do that every day now to train myself up. My next goal; walk all the way around the block.

Around the Network

New milestone; walked around my block.

It was harder than I thought it would be; by the end I felt really tired and even light-headed, but I made it.

Honestly, I thought it would take a lot longer to get this far; it's been 41 days since I started walking without crutches and a brace, but physiotherapy has been going really well and I've been pushing myself as much as I feel I reasonably and safely can.

While it's still uncertain as to whether it'll ever happen, I'm setting myself the long term goal of running again. I used to be a cross country and track runner in school, and I always enjoyed going for a nice jog. 

I wanna feel that rush again someday.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 03 July 2020

curl-6 said:

New milestone; walked around my block.

It was harder than I thought it would be; by the end I felt really tired and even light-headed, but I made it.

Honestly, I thought it would take a lot longer to get this far; it's been 41 days since I started walking without crutches and a brace, but physiotherapy has been going really well and I've been pushing myself as much as I feel I reasonably and safely can.

While it's still uncertain as to whether it'll ever happen, I'm setting myself the long term goal of running again. I used to be a cross country and track runner in school, and I always enjoyed going for a nice jog.

Awesome!

With that attitude you will run again !

It's great to know that things are progressing at good pace. Keep it up, curl, you can do it!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

That is fantastic, Curl. Keep up the activity and the persistence!

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
curl-6 said:

I wanna feel that rush again someday.

Huh, I didn't know this about you. I'll call you Ryuji from now on.

Seriously though, I'm really happy for you.