By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Update] Officially two years cancer free

JRPGfan said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks man. As far as tumors go, the chances of a positive outcome are pretty good with this type, so I'm trying to stay positive. If all goes well, it should all be over with in a couple of months. It is kinda terrifying though as illness is a central focus of my anxiety disorder.

When I opened the thread, and saw the OP was Curl-6, Im like "I know that guy", your not just some random user here.
I was abit bummed, usually a thread with "I have a tumor" doesnt end well.

Glad it turn out to be benign, Curl.
Best of wishes on your recovery.

Thanks, but I think I may have worded the OP badly; I don't know yet if it's benign. It may not be. That's just the most likely outcome for this specific type of tumor.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
That's a good call. I'm do sorry you have to go through that, but try to stay positive and hopefully it'll all work out.
My mom had a tumor as well, and removed it and made a full recovery.

Cheers man.

Yeah my Mum had breast cancer a few years back and my Dad had a melanoma before I was born, both got them removed and recovered fully. Should run in the family haha.

Good luck, Curl! You can do it!

Best wishes, man. Even if the prognosis is good, I know that's still a stressful thing to hear and deal with. Everyone is in your corner.

Machina said:
That really sucks. Best of luck with the operation, hope it turns out to be benign.

GoOnKid said:

Good luck, Curl! You can do it!

pokoko said:

Best wishes, man. Even if the prognosis is good, I know that's still a stressful thing to hear and deal with. Everyone is in your corner.

Thanks so much guys, really.

I know we're just a small group of gamers spread out across a wide world connected by a sales website, but I really appreciate you guys.

Around the Network

Oh man, sorry to hear that, but hoping it's of benign kind. My father lives down under, I know you guys have good doctors and therapies there, so hang in there mate.

Not sure if already said but how did you find out. Was it during check up or was there symptoms.  Sorry to hear but sounds like caught early or least not too late.

curl-6 said:

Dunno why I'm posting this here except that over the past 9.5 years VGC has been almost like a second online home/family for me, a special place where I feel accepted, and I wanted to give an explanation as to why my behaviour in this coming months may be a bit irrational or over the top.

So yeah, just got some unfortunate news from my doctor. The positive side is though,the prognosis is good; this particular kind of tumor most often turns out to be benign. Still, I won't know for sure if it's benign or malignant until they remove it, which could take a few weeks/months.

As someone with OCD and an intense phobia of serious illness, I'm under a huge amount of stress right now as you can imagine, and so while I'll still be posting here, I'm going to try not to participate in the kind of intense debates I usually get into in order to minimize this stress.

I apologize in advance if I lose my cool over the following months, I will try my best not to.

Thank you all for your understanding, and for just generally being an awesome community of people.

You are definitely in my thoughts. I have a similar mental illness. I felt nauseated just clicking on the thread.
I hope you pull through.

1doesnotsimply

I wish you best of luck that it turns out ok. Have lost good people to cancer, but also had great people fight and win. I hope you are on the second group.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Oh shit man good luck fingers crossed it benign. Keep us posted.