By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New wave of unspecified Switch SKUs spotted in GameStop’s internal system

New SKUs are often associated with events such as Nintendo Direct. It’s unclear if we’ll be seeing a new presentation any time soon, though it’s worth mentioning that Nintendo has hosted ones in September in previous years. We’ll have to wait and see if that pattern holds true for 2019.

Source 1, and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

This, above all other reasons, is why I personally want GameStop to stay in business. These leaked SKU screenshots, regardless of if they are real or not, aid the the hype which adds to the fun.

axumblade said:
I mean, it has been a few months since the last direct, right?

Ya the last general Direct was June for E3.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'm going to try to temper my expectations with this next direct.

The two directs we've gotten this year have been so great already, and unlike last year where big titles like Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion had to be announced as a pick-me-up for how dry the year was at that point - and also probably because we already knew what titles were coming in early 2019 since they had been shown/teased for a year (Yoshi's Crafted World and Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which at the time was scheduled for first half of 2019) - those kind of announcements just aren't necessary. I mean, by the time the next direct comes out, we'll still have Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Games left, and possibly Link's Awakening, Daemon X Machina, and Dragon Quest 11 S as well ...

The one smaller game i'm really interested in, Bayonetta 3, will probably not be shown off until The Game Awards, since it was announced there and they'll also probably to stretch Astral Chain's legs ... even if it doesn't sell well.

I'm going to say if any smaller titles for next year are revealed, they will be a new Kirby, Paper Mario, and/or Mario Sports game.

axumblade said:
I mean, it has been a few months since the last direct, right? Do these skus often end up being games or could they be related to accessories (amiibos, joycons, etc)?

Accessories and Amiibo are held on a separate list, this is definitely a game list, probably games with multiple editions.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm going to try to temper my expectations with this next direct.

The two directs we've gotten this year have been so great already, and unlike last year where big titles like Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion had to be announced as a pick-me-up for how dry the year was at that point - and also probably because we already knew what titles were coming in early 2019 since they had been shown/teased for a year (Yoshi's Crafted World and Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which at the time was scheduled for first half of 2019) - those kind of announcements just aren't necessary. I mean, by the time the next direct comes out, we'll still have Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Games left, and possibly Link's Awakening, Daemon X Machina, and Dragon Quest 11 S as well ...

The one smaller game i'm really interested in, Bayonetta 3, will probably not be shown off until The Game Awards, since it was announced there and they'll also probably to stretch Astral Chain's legs ... even if it doesn't sell well.

I'm going to say if any smaller titles for next year are revealed, they will be a new Kirby, Paper Mario, and/or Mario Sports game.

I think Astral Chains is going to sell really, really well. I think it will appeal to those that have played Bayonetta, because the gameplay looks action packed fun, while also being far more appropriate for a younger audience. They are going to be expanding their market for this game compared to most of their games. Yes I know about Wonderfulb101 being appropriate, but that game's control and gameplay was confusing for adults, let alone kids.

I can't wait for the next Paper Mario! Even though Color Splash and Sticker star were bad PM games, they were still good games.

Hopefully this means first half of 2020 is better than first half of 2019.

Luigi's Mansion 3 Special Edition. With a Slimy Gooigi Amiibo. Yes, not plastic, actually slime.

zorg1000 said:
axumblade said:
I mean, it has been a few months since the last direct, right?

Well, the frequency of the Directs has dropped down in the last years, especially non-specific ones for only one game

Bofferbrauer2 said:
zorg1000 said:

Well, the frequency of the Directs has dropped down in the last years, especially non-specific ones for only one game

Any idea why; Are they trying to quality over quantity more?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?