By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 33, 2019 (August 12th - August 18th) - Aftermath

Mar1217 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

With that promotion from Nintendo with their Voucher, I think we're closer to 50% - if not even more!

Even the most popular 1st party titles aren't even close to what I stated earlier. 50 % rate is just crazy even if you want to count it outside of the norm.

Before the Voucher program, I would have fully agreed.

But since with the voucher, buying it digitally is much less expensive in Japan (as in, the equivalent of 10-12 dollar cheaper on top of getting full gold coins for it in the e-Shop), it does boost digital sales by a lot.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mar1217 said:

Even the most popular 1st party titles aren't even close to what I stated earlier. 50 % rate is just crazy even if you want to count it outside of the norm.

Before the Voucher program, I would have fully agreed.

But since with the voucher, buying it digitally is much less expensive in Japan (as in, the equivalent of 10-12 dollar cheaper on top of getting full gold coins for it in the e-Shop), it does boost digital sales by a lot.

1) The voucher program is only available to Nintendo Switch online members.

2) Online members as far as were know last time were less than 9M worldwide (most of them didn't have a 12 month membership)

3) There's no statistic advocating for the voucher boost in digital sales so far unless Nintendo says so. No amount of guesswork will give us an answer here.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909