By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Matrix 4’ Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski

I'm not religious, but thank god it's not a reboot.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

The last one, with him haveing "powers" over them outsides, in the real world... and the bad storyline, kinda blew it.

I honestly dont want to see a 4th.
Let something that was good as a triology lay, and do something new instead.

With Neo clearly dead at the end of the trilogy, I'm not sure what Keanu Reeves could do in this sequel... Unless it's some kind of prequel?

CrazyGamer2017 said:

With Neo clearly dead at the end of the trilogy, I'm not sure what Keanu Reeves could do in this sequel... Unless it's some kind of prequel?

Tbh they could do anything, sure you see his "dead" body, but it could even be passed off as just unconscious, even if it does seem pretty stupid.

Maybe his body died but his consciousness is in the matrix? Lol

The first one was awesome. The trilogy itself was decent enough. There is no need for this movie at all.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
The last one, with him haveing "powers" over them outsides, in the real world... and the bad storyline, kinda blew it.

I honestly dont want to see a 4th.
Let something that was good as a triology lay, and do something new instead.

Was it the outside?  Are we not all living in a simulator?  A movie about machines creating a matrix within a matrix to escape from to give us the illusion that we are freeing ourselves of The Matrix? While us watching the movie are inside of A Matrix?  Blew your mind.

Also.  New doesn't exist anymore.  The entertainment industry is pretty much out of material at this point.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Well Neo seems to die at the end of the trilogy, but we don't really know if he does or not, but Trinity definitely seems dead. Bringing her back says to me they are either going with the Matrix is actually inside another Matrix, Inception dream inside a dream sorta plot, or it's a prequel, since they may be aiming for a younger Morpheus so they say.

Morpheus then Trinity being red pilled. Trinity's legendary story about hacking the IRS database. The search for Neo. Could be pretty interesting if done right. Hopefully it's more like the first movie with less CGI and effects and less like the last two. Bullet time was just enough of a wow factor.

The first one was great. The second one was okay. The third one blew. You could start to see it in the second one and then fully in the third one, the Wachowskis started loving the smell of their own farts. Way too much pretentious dialogue that was supposed to be deep and full of meaning. And what's up with the other Wachowski? Where are they? The way the statement is worded, it almost seems to be a dig at them, "Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker."

CrazyGamer2017 said:

I came up with a little synopsis in my head of what they could do to fix the films.  The Architect could have gone back on his word of freeing them, as he would no longer be needed if the Matrix was ended.  Unnecessary programs are marked for deletion.  Fearing his demise, he continues the Matrix.  Reprograms Neo to be an Agent. 

As for the main character, maybe have a new person join the Resistance.  Or focus on Morpheus.  Or have Smith join them, as he is supposed to be the opposing force to Neo.  If you go with the first two, maybe throughout the film/s, they find out that the Oracle was actually another form of control.  If those within the Resistance are always looking for The One, they will always believe that their powers are limited and could never rise to the levels of The One. 

I'm pretty sure they're gonna go nuts, and make an Inception-like story line.

Could be interesting. I can't see anywhere else they could go at this point, and not be redundant.