By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA comments on Switch support, says most players also own a PS4/X1 and often play the publisher’s games on those platforms

The data shows...the data shows...yeah, maybe that's why youre an innovation black hole. Keep your surprise mechanics filled games as a service away from the Switch. Thanks!

Around the Network

EA are predatory and release half-baked games littered with micro-transactions and loot boxes (I mean surprise mechanics lol *eye roll*) .
People that support them and buy their games are just enabling their behaviour. By buying their games, you are perpetuating a decline in video game quality and exploitation of the consumer.

We live in a timeline were Microsoft supports Nintendo more than ea.....

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
We live in a timeline were Microsoft supports Nintendo more than ea.....

One could infer that is because on console gaming Microsoft is at more risk/lower power position than EA.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I own both a Switch and ps4, and couldn't care in the least about any EA game.

EA has never supported Nintendo.  This goes back to the NES days when they had every financial reason to do so.  EA's founder, Trip Hawkins thought the PC was the future of gaming during the mid 80's, and then the NES comes along and proves him wrong.  Spitefully he resists supporting the NES, and when the Genesis launches EA's full support goes to it instead.  

Trip Hawkins has been gone for a good while now, but the anti-Nintendo sentiment has never left.  At this point it's just part of their corporate culture.  They hate Nintendo without even knowing why.  It goes back to the saying, "well that's the way it has always been done".  For EA, hating Nintendo is the way that it has always been done.  It flies in the face of reason, and yet they will always find a way to hate Nintendo.  

these threads always bring out the overly defensive and the people who agree with anything a third party says that doesn't benefit Nintendo

I am a Switch owner, and yeah I mostly refuse to buy any of their games. I think it's a shitty company and I don't want to give them any money. I am not their audience.

I wonder if EA performs worse when Nintendo is the market leader.