By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA comments on Switch support, says most players also own a PS4/X1 and often play the publisher’s games on those platforms

Meh. Haven't bought an EA game since ME3 anyway. I actually probably would get Madden if it was on Switch, just to play it at tailgates.

Around the Network

PS4, Switch, Gaming PC owner here -- don't think I've bought an EA game in half a decade (Dragon Age: Inquisition is the last one IIRC.) Really don't care.

They will never understand the Switch because software quality is at the base of its success.

EA only understands exploitation.

I really don't care about most of EA games, but can they please port the first Unravel to Switch? They ported the second one but not the first... And I want to get both... On Switch.

In any case, they're not wrong. If their support is mostly half assed Fifa ports, of course if someone have both a PS4/X1 and a Switch they will probably choose the complete non-half-assed version.

Given a choice, even if I had a Switch, I would most likely choose to buy the PS4 version.

I understand if people have decided the Switch to be their exclusive console they want these games on their console. From EAs perspective I guess given the typical Nintendo environment, they would want to bring games that are either cheep/easy enough to port over to make quick money or games that hold their own against 1st party games and/or games that work well enough in both console and portable mode.

Since I gave up on portable gaming years ago I dunno what makes a game work well enough in both modes. For me, since I almost exclusively play RPGs or games with at least enough RPGs elements to be fun for me, certain games just don't seem to fit well on portable so having those on the Switch doesn't make much sense.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

FIFA 20 is supposed to be a watered-down version on Switch. This already shows how little interest EA has. Of course sales will take a dip because seriously, why the heck are we gamers supposed to be excusing laziness? We are not. Then, after this edition they will either stick to their watered-down versions or just bail out entirely. And it goes without saying that FIFA will be the only thing that will ever land on Switch, if at all.

Personally I despise EA and consider this rather positive news. I want them to stay away as far as possible.

I actually met Andrew Wilson in person. He's a soulless corporate guy. And he had this weird pink/white smear on his face, I am pretty sure he was using some kind of makeup. Maybe he wants to be a woman?
Not that there's anything wrong with that!
The part I don't like about him is the soulless corporate guy thing. He probably goes on human-hunting safaris in third world countries and eats child flesh. But I'm just saying nonsense, don't listen to me! If there's any truth to this, that's for other people to say.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

No shade at those who still buy EA stuff, but it's genuinely nice to see some of our members not giving a f*** if they touch another EA game ever again.

I'd like to see them go Stadia exclusive TBH. Or have their headquarters swallowed by the Earth. Either way is good really.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Shikamo said:

Jeffrey Cohen

Thanks for the incremental color on The Sims. It feels like that franchise would be one that would do really well on the Nintendo Switch. 

Yes, yes it would.

The weird thing is that the big EA ports have done fairly well as far as I know. So I don't get why a big franchise like The Sims wouldn't make sense for the Switch?