By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA comments on Switch support, says most players also own a PS4/X1 and often play the publisher’s games on those platforms

Article

According to CEO Andrew Wilson, EA’s internal data indicates “a great many Switch owners also own a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One or a PC and very often choose to play the games that we make on those platforms even though they have a Switch and they enjoy a lot of great content on the Switch.”

Here’s the full exchange from the financial call:

Jeffrey Cohen

Thanks for the incremental color on The Sims. It feels like that franchise would be one that would do really well on the Nintendo Switch. So I’m curious how you guys determine which platforms you’d bring the game to or games to? And is there any reason why you wouldn’t want to bring that one on there?

Andrew Wilson

Any time we’re evaluating platform conversations, we are really looking at a couple of things. One, does the game really fit the profile of that platform in terms of the control or the community ecosystem? Two, do we think the community playing on that platform would appreciate the game to go there? Or would they prefer to play it somewhere else?

We have a lot of data that would suggest a great many Switch owners also own a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One or a PC and very often choose to play the games that we make on those platforms even though they have a Switch and they enjoy a lot of great content on the Switch. And so there’s always an evaluation process that goes on a case-by-case basis. And I wouldn’t say that The Sims would never go to the Switch, but I think we’re doing really, really well attracting Sims players. As we said, we did the promotion in the last couple of months and brought in 7 million new Sims players that we expect will engage in that community on a platform that is really tailored to user-generated content, creativity and customization.

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Nice try EA, But you know damn well that people who own a Switch in addition to a PS4 or Xbox One will alsonbuy a game on Switch due to its portability. Bethesda knows this, Ubisoft knows this, why should you be different?

He should just admit it their business practices don't really fly on the platform with the whole GAAS and MTs based approach.

Personally, I think EA support hinged on how much money Switch owners paid into microtransactions. They probably didn't like what they saw from their FIFA ports and decided to bail.

Count me as one of those Switch owners, with PC, PS4, and XB. If I am going to play an EA game it will either be on PS4 or Xbox so that I get Trophies or Achievements. Most of the time it will be on PS4, since I also get Portable access to the game via Remote Play as well. From my experience with 3rd party titles on Switch (Doom, WWE 2K18, and NBA 2K19), I don't reaally have any interest in playing 3rd party titles on Switch going forward. I'll be looking at xCloud and Stadia, along with Remote Play for Portable 3rd Party experiences going forward.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

This should be good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

He will get flack for stating the obvios. EA games sell much more on PS4/XB1/PC than on Switch. And mostly if not all of EA games are hardly something I buy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

He is right tho.

Skyrim must have sold terribly on the switch then...

Seriously, EA is dumb to ignore that much market share. Maybe they should try growing and cultivating a fan base on Nintendo systems so that they can take advantage of it? Just a thought...

Many people who play on other platforms and own a Switch as well just choose not to play EA games full stop.

Out of the 4 games EA have on Switch 2x Fifa, Unravel and fe the latter 2 should of done decent on the Switch.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 31 July 2019