By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Worst director of all time?

Who's the worst director of all time?

Uwe Boll 31 47.69%

Aaron Seltzer/Jason Friedberg 2 3.08%

Michael Bay 8 12.31%

Roland Emmerich 1 1.54%

Eli Roth 0 0%

M. Night Shyamalan 5 7.69%

Tom Six 1 1.54%

Paul W.S. Anderson 0 0%

Zack Snyder 6 9.23%

Other 11 16.92%

Total:65

Uwe Boll is the worst. He's like the anti-Tarantino, a man who holds cinema and the art of filmmaking in contempt, taking his irrational anger for the medium against the audience itself. At no point does he seem to respect the process and the final product is basically public humiliation for every actor involved.

Everyone else on the list has shown some competence in some area at some point in their career, some of whom had directorial involvement in works they should genuinely feel proud of.

Around the Network
Nighthawk117 said:
slab_of_bacon said:
I just tried to watch Matt Reeve's Cloverfield for the first time agasint my better judgement. That's not a film... it's a like trying to steal someone's septic tank. Who wants that excrement?

But ultimately George Lucas should have known better. You're in charge of one of the biggest franchises ever and you never question yourself? I love his creativity and he's a decent producer but this arrogance puts him on top of the dung pile.

Believe me, Cloverfield is a 100 times better than 10 Cloverfield Lane, and better overall than most flicks.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Chrkeller said:

But please proceed with fanboying away and crying because the newest Jedi isn't a boy.  No skin off my back.  I've said my peace.

Lol.

By the way, bad acting is quite often a consequence of bad writing, and the prequels have awful writing. That's common sense. It's also common sense that the pod race scene is awesome. You haven't made yourself worth arguing with, though.

By the way, I do consider Force Awakens to be better than Episodes I and II, and I also consider The Last Jedi to be the worst movie in the series by a long margin. Still, yes, I can acknowledge that both of them have way better acting, direction and cinematography than the prequels - it's other issues that plague them.

The worst director is someone that none of us know, come on.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

mZuzek said:
Chrkeller said:

But please proceed with fanboying away and crying because the newest Jedi isn't a boy.  No skin off my back.  I've said my peace.

Lol.

By the way, bad acting is quite often a consequence of bad writing, and the prequels have awful writing. That's common sense. It's also common sense that the pod race scene is awesome. You haven't made yourself worth arguing with, though.

By the way, I do consider Force Awakens to be better than Episodes I and II, and I also consider The Last Jedi to be the worst movie in the series by a long margin. Still, yes, I can acknowledge that both of them have way better acting, direction and cinematography than the prequels - it's other issues that plague them.

Around the Network

You seem to be very good at convincing yourself that the made up thoughts and beliefs you stamp on other people are true. For that, I think I can congratulate you.

Easily Uwe Boll.

mZuzek said:
You seem to be very good at convincing yourself that the made up thoughts and beliefs you stamp on other people are true. For that, I think I can congratulate you.

I'm seriously the only one who voted for Seltzberg (Aaron Seltzer/Jason Friedberg)?

Nobody else has even attempted to watch any of their godawful parodies besides me? Disaster Movie is the lowest-rated film on IMDb for sake of fuck. The rest of their "films" (Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Vampires Suck, etc.) are wretched, unfunny, vomit-inducing pieces of shit as well, and no, Scary Movie 1 doesn't count. 1)They didn't direct it, they only wrote little snippets of that movie (they were only credited with writing the characters AFAIK), the Wayans were the ones who wrote the bulk of the script 2)if they DID actually write any of the jokes, they obviously wrote all of the jokes that sucked, and 3)there's a reason why they were "2 of the 6 writers from Scary Movie": they were fired for being talentless hacks, so no, they don't deserve credit for it (I've seen people use that movie to "vindicate" them against being the worst in the past).

There are plenty plenty plenty of directors worse than everyone on this list.
But if you mean the worst major director, then some of those guys don't count and the answer would be the cut and paste blockbuster guys who copy Michael Bay.

At least Michael Bay was original in how he did blockbusters.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.