By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All Time E3 Thread

haxxiy said:
That was a Sony year if I ever seen one alright.

Seems to be the consensus! I personally voted for Capcom, because it was the beginning of Resident Evil I think, and while I don't like that series I have to acknowledge the massive sales the series has had over the years.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
haxxiy said:
That was a Sony year if I ever seen one alright.

Seems to be the consensus! I personally voted for Capcom, because it was the beginning of Resident Evil I think, and while I don't like that series I have to acknowledge the massive sales the series has had over the years.

A funny thing, this thread asking of an E3 that happened nearly a generation ago. I was recently reading old EGM and Nintendo Power mags just for fun and stopped around 1995 the last time around. That E3 was... really something. Sometimes you meet curiously interesting insights, such as executives speculating on hardware much like the Switch and the Stadia back in 1989 or so.

Anyone interested in taking a deep dive into the history behind the 95 E3 might want to check out the book Console Wars by Blake Harris.

That Nintendo line up dominates the competition.

$299

Around the Network

I wish it was still 1995. As for my vote, it's a secret ballot. I won't tell you who I voted for.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

haxxiy said:
Dulfite said:

A funny thing, this thread asking of an E3 that happened nearly a generation ago. I was recently reading old EGM and Nintendo Power mags just for fun and stopped around 1995 the last time around. That E3 was... really something. Sometimes you meet curiously interesting insights, such as executives speculating on hardware much like the Switch and the Stadia back in 1989 or so.

Parts of the hypothetical future are bound to happen, I suppose, because we dream about things that our brain can actually perceive happening.

donathos said:
Anyone interested in taking a deep dive into the history behind the 95 E3 might want to check out the book Console Wars by Blake Harris.

We are just starting with 95. I'll be changing the thread to each one as time passes. Thanks for sharing, though! Any particular parts that make that book interesting?

COKTOE said:
I wish it was still 1995. As for my vote, it's a secret ballot. I won't tell you who I voted for.

But I need to know! WE need to know!

donathos said:

We are just starting with 95. I'll be changing the thread to each one as time passes. Thanks for sharing, though! Any particular parts that make that book interesting?