Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Breath of the Wild 2 will take place in the same Hyrule.

Didn't read the thread replies, but I think I am okay with this. They can expand Hyrule/flesh out dungeons more easily without making an entirely new overworld.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

1- Again you're ignoring the point ALBW used its own merit to be a great game using the same map that's the whole point of him bringing it up and why it turned out good and didn't feel like an expansion you trying to ignore this to push your arguments doesn't make this irrelevant as it very much is a strong factor in why using the same map again wasn't an issue and a much bigger factor than your nostalgia claim.

2- The trailer is an announcement teaser it didn't show what you're trying to imply either going by their previous work it's more likely they'll go the ALBW route, many games revisit locations GTA did it in the same 3 years+ so that part is not an issue.

3- Please I will tell you again don't try to limit debates to suit your argument as referencing social media and the internet in general tells people that VGC is not the whole internet so saying the views here are all that matter comes across as an attempt to restrict responses, if we went that route we would had just blindly accepted that the Switch was going to flop which seeing as you were one of those at the time in that camp I can see why you want to keep things VGC only. The rest of this part makes little sense as it's clear I was talking about your edit and even addressed it saying I misread that part.

As for the nostalgia part I find this hypocritical as you said for yourself and others in the same way I've said for me and just as many people, yes people did have similar concerns which is why I brought up the irony in when you brought up LA's remake as that had similar reactions and also highlight what I said about the graphical leap not being as big not having the wow factor that you claim.

Granted it's LA but going by your argument these reactions shouldn't exist because it's a new graphics engine after many years these are similar reactions to what ALBW had no exaggeration here mate only reminding you of how it was back then as it's still the same now just with a different game.

4- As shown above the huge leap in graphics doesn't translate into what you say as old being made into new, I brought up BOTW being advance because chances are a new game is not going to look much better than it graphically so the advancements are obviously going to be in other areas as it not only allowed a lot of things that are comparable to games like RDR on more powerful platforms but the potential they had to build on is still immense as seen by the ideas people have in the Zelda thread. Sky and underwater regions, new settlements, town building, new mechanics (already indicated in the trailer) etc... these are things that can change the game heavily by themselves.

5- That's you when I assess an example I also look at the context curl was worried about the map and the reply brought up ALBW to show that revisiting maps not only can work but also the team already have an approach for such a scenario any other game that is brought up whether Yakuza, GTA etc... just further adds to the point that it can wrok just fine and be new it doesn't discount the first example.

6- I'll check out the Iwata's ask then either way it being a draw for the game doesn't equal it making revisiting the map work for it which is the point.

1. Curl was worried that it would feel like full priced DLC.
I feel there's about a 0% chance he'd be worried about ALBW feeling like full priced DLC, because it's in a brand new engine, and released so long after the original. And yes, regardless of whether or not there would have been any significant changes made to the map. Or whether he'd end up liking those changes or not. Because it's still very obviously a game built from the ground up on a new engine completely different from the original.

Any 'own merits' in ALBW doesn't change that.

2. I said it seemingly takes place shortly after the events of the original game. How does the trailer not show that?
And just because some people don't have an issue with 3+ years doesn't mean there aren't those who do have an issue with it. In this thread we have around 10 or so people with such a concern. However, it's a safe bet that 22+ years on new hardware several generations into the future would make those issues essentially non existent. A major difference that cant be disregard when making the comparison.

3. And I'm telling you.
You will not base your arguments on 'mysterious people' and then refuse to provide references to them when asked.
That goes for anyone who disingenuously argues this way.

I want you to provide the information I asked for, to show me that that isn't the case here. That you didn't just make things up.
And that you didn't just lie when you said you were referencing a comment that didn't exist at the time you made your post.

I also shouldn't have to ask you to back up your claim or clarify, multiple times.
That too is a toxic form of trolling that wastes the other person's time. One I know you have experience with.

Wyrdness said:
4. going by your argument these reactions shouldn't exist

4. It feels like 50% of my replies are correcting your either accidental, or more likely at this point, deliberate misrepresentations of what I've said.

I will explain this again. If you somehow "misunderstand" again, it will probably not be considered a misunderstanding.

That conversation was about the positive experience of seeing an old beloved world recreated in modern graphics after a long time.
You responded with "BOTW is already highly advanced" which is something completely different from what I'm talking about. Seeing the same world again on the same engine again is not the same as seeing an old world on a newer more advanced engine.

That's not to say that people can't be disappointed in the visuals. But seeing Hyrule in BOTW and then BOTW2, is not a substitute for seeing Midgar in FF7 and then FF7R.

I clarified that already, and it's not difficult to understand.
Pretending to not understand just to appear to make a counter point is trolling, so keep that in mind.

I'll leave the post at this because I think I covered the rest anyway.
I'll expect those links and explanations in your next post.

Last edited by Hiku - on 15 June 2019

Chorlin said:
It will take place on Lorule, and that guy is Yuga.

The video is not in english, but you will be able to hear Yuga´s theme in the trailer after reverting and accelerating it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Bwr6uI9tw

Interesting.

The first part of the music does kind of sound like Yuga's theme when doing that and Yuga does have long hair like the mummy does as opposed to Ganondorf, but Yuga was a Hylian (or, 'Lolian' or whatever), and has pointed ears. This mummy does not, and also has the Gerudo symbols instead. I'm positive Ganon's organ theme from Ocarina of Time is in there as well near the end, and the cavepainting at the start looks like Ganondorf on his black horse holding the Trident of Power. Then though, I guess to throw everyone off again, the shadow of the monster as he's about to be sealed by the hand that's revealed by the flash of light looks more like Demise instead...

At least we can be pretty sure this villain has to do with the curse set in Skyward Sword by Demise, and not with any of the unrelated villains like Majora, Vaati or Bellum.

Aside from the Lorule theory, I just read one that the corpse is Zant cause Ganondorf never died like that. The hand could be midna or someone from the twilight realm?

The TR never was ended, just cut off from the world of Hyrule, so it could be making a come back here.

Hiku said:

1- His main concern regards the use of the same Hyrule someone pointed out that even with the same Hyrule much can be done with the game that still makes it a new game so yes ALBW's own merits do change that nothing you've said has debunked this.

2- As someone pointed out the game could even be a prequel while someone posted a theory on it possibly being in Lorule and so on in other words the trailer doesn't really show what you're claiming either because all you've seen is a cavern section and Hyrule castle being lifted this doesn't concretely back your claim as for the 22 year argument as seen with LA's reactions that doesn't override concerns.

3- I will base my arguments on what I want not what you demand mate I recall you doing this that time when you argued about Smash Ultimate being a port of S4 demanding people argue in a certain way that suits you. It's hard to look for social media posts from over 6 years ago as they often gone by now while some require you to be part of the social media group itself so I used VGC's reaction (with examples) to LA to highlight my point in that people were looking forward to the game but had similar concerns and the same kind of reactions have turned up with LA. Your claims of trolling highlight your mind set in that rather than accept it as a possibility after been shown LA which under your new to old argument shouldn't have such reactions you're instead coming across as annoyed that your point has been challenged I'll tell you again don't tell me or anyone else how to debate just because it doesn't suit your argument I saw someone reference social media in the E3 thread on how people bashed Nintendo for ditching conferences for their own and now everyone is following suit are you going to go around start calling them toxic as well?

4- No this about the issues on returning to a map you're employing a red herring to divert and try and fortify your argument in saying the argument is only about old versus new no it's not as you've used the old into new as argument on why Hyrule ALBW wasn't an issue and I've pointed out that it may be a big jump between the two games but the end result doesn't match up to other games at the time in the same series on the same platform and that it required a lot more than nostalgia to remove the type of issues people were concerned about. So far your only response to this has been dodge the point and diversion trying to say it doesn't matter when it very well does.

Warned ~ Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 15 June 2019

Around the Network

yikes

Wyrdness said:

3- I will base my arguments on what I want not what you demand mate I recall you doing this that time when you argued about Smash Ultimate being a port of S4 demanding people argue in a certain way that suits you. It's hard to look for social media posts from over 6 years ago as they often gone by now while some require you to be part of the social media group itself so I used VGC's reaction (with examples) to LA to highlight my point in that people were looking forward to the game but had similar concerns and the same kind of reactions have turned up with LA. Your claims of trolling highlight your mind set in that rather than accept it as a possibility after been shown LA which under your new to old argument shouldn't have such reactions you're instead coming across as annoyed that your point has been challenged I'll tell you again don't tell me or anyone else how to debate just because it doesn't suit your argument I saw someone reference social media in the E3 thread on how people bashed Nintendo for ditching conferences for their own and now everyone is following suit are you going to go around start calling them toxic as well?

It's about intention. Did they do so in order to present a bogus claim like your specific "just as many"? Did they post that knowing full well that they couldn't provide a source if asked to back it up?

You will not start arguments by fabricating stories that you then refuse to reference.
Nor lying to provide a point, which you've done more times than I can count here. I.e. Claiming to have been referring to a comment that didn't exist at the time of your post, and shamelessly ignoring to address it when asked to do so multiple times. Intentionally misrepresenting/misunderstanding what was said, like with the Link's Awakening comments, that you just repeat over and over.
Nor refusing to answer a question/clarify something, over and over and over. Even if those 'mysterious' social media comments may be gone, where "just as many people" is an obviously made up statistic, the comment of mine you claim to have referenced that was edited in after your post is not.
I gave you plenty of chances to explain how that was even possible, or how that comment of mine even translated into the absolute term you claimed. Along with other claims.

And yes, in that topic where I didn't argue that Smash Ultimate was a port, but why people may perceive it that way with the limited information available at the time, you did similar things. Except there you derailed the thread with off topic discussions so much that I was put between a rock and a hard place. Either get sucked into the several off-topic debates you were trying to start, and derail the thread even further, or decline to do so, and have you complain about me 'arguing in a certain way that suits my argument'.
I chose the later, because as I told you at the time, a moderator may look over that conversation, and I don't want to be a part of that.
But breaking the rules doesn't seem to be a concern of yours when your response to it is "I will base my arguments on what I want."

Before that you were dismissing other people's arguments with statistics from somewhere online, that you never posted a reference to when asked. Just like in this one. And I've been hearing from other members in the past few days about you doing that to them as well.
There was also your bad habit of excessively focusing on something irrelevant to try to make a non-existent point. Feigning ignorance is not your "get out of jail free card".
You may be used to getting away with trolling this way, but you shouldn't any more.
Other moderators have already looked over this conversation, and as CGI-Quality just told me "Yeah, we're trying to crack down on posts that are deliberately misleading and openly dishonest."

Normally I'd just say that this is the end of the conversation. You're free to take it to PM though if you want.
But since you were recently reported by members for your habit of continually posting just to point out how the other person is "wrong", even when the discussion was over and going nowhere, I'll highlight that "that's not going to fly" here.

Last edited by Hiku - on 17 June 2019

siebensus4 said:
I believe it's a Prequel and we can visit many places which are destroyed and ruins in the original. Looking forward to a lively Hyrule town.

I'd rather it was a sequel. I'd like to see Link and Zelda trying to rebuild what Ganon destroyed.

Dulfite said:
Aside from the Lorule theory, I just read one that the corpse is Zant cause Ganondorf never died like that. The hand could be midna or someone from the twilight realm?

The TR never was ended, just cut off from the world of Hyrule, so it could be making a come back here.

His looks does closely resemble Ganondorf though.

Why could Ganondorf not have died like that?(i did not play breath of the wild so that could be the disconnection for this opinion in case it is wrongly)

Immersiveunreality said:
Dulfite said:

His looks does closely resemble Ganondorf though.

Why could Ganondorf not have died like that?(i did not play breath of the wild so that could be the disconnection for this opinion in case it is wrongly)

Well, we eliminated calamity Ganon, not Ganondorf (if I recall?). If Ganondorf died like that, which game did it occur in? Or is it implied that this death occurred before he became calamity Ganon, within the breath of the wild past? Breath of the Wild takes place like 10,000 years into the future after the initial calamity Ganon attack.