Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Let's Talk - Halo Infinite

Tagged games:

Are you excited for Halo Infinite?

HELL YEAH!!! 18 52.94%

No. 7 20.59%

I need to see actual gameplay footage? 9 26.47%

Total:34
LudicrousSpeed said:
I've started playing through Halo MCC on Legendary right after E3 again. I've only ever finished the first two games campaigns.

I forgot how incredibly shitty the checkpoint system in the original was. I'm only a few levels in but multiple times already I've been given a checkpoint where I'm surrounded by like 5 grunts and 4 elites lol.

I've played through all the campaigns on legendary, except Halo 2.

I doubt I will ever finish that game in my lifetime. 

It's just too damn hard. 

People say Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry are hard games on their highest difficulties. I can tell you I haven't played a harder game than Halo 2 on Legendary. 

Around the Network
Ayla said:

It's just too damn hard. 

People say Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry are hard games on their highest difficulties. I can tell you I haven't played a harder game than Halo 2 on Legendary. 

I throught i was the only one who struggled big time on Halo 2 Legendary. I could not beat it. I have beaten every Halo game on Legendary however 2 stands out as the problem child. 

I might give it another go however i have too much to play at the moment so its not a priority for me.. yet

Ayla said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I've started playing through Halo MCC on Legendary right after E3 again. I've only ever finished the first two games campaigns.

I forgot how incredibly shitty the checkpoint system in the original was. I'm only a few levels in but multiple times already I've been given a checkpoint where I'm surrounded by like 5 grunts and 4 elites lol.

It's just too damn hard. 

The last time I played Halo 2 on Legendary was to get the achievement in the MCC. Before that was in 2005. Halo 2 was difficult in all the wrong ways, and it's the only Halo game where I actively avoid the Legendary difficulty. The enemies were overpowered (their base damage output increased some 60% from CE), the weapons weren't as effective, and then there were the sniper Jackals. Holy shit at the sniper Jackals. Those things can go directly to hell.

There are a lot of ways to make a game challenging yet rewarding. Halo 2 on Legendary used none of them. It was cheap difficulty at its worst.