By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blizzard “super-happy” with Diablo III on Switch, more Nintendo collaborations possible

super_etecoon said:
Wyrdness said:

I think it's more that the NS' hybrid form factor puts it in two markets and it has one market mainly to itself and the third party output retains value in this particular market even if a port is late and has compromises giving third parties more success than they expect as people are willing to get the NS version or even double dip due to portability.

Nintendo fans have had ports to choose from in the past but have declined.  This generation has been different, and that's because Nintendo fans are buying these games, and they're buying them because they're getting solid ratings from reviewers and Digital Foundry.  I'm not going to say that your reasoning is flawed, because it's obviously not and probably weighs the heaviest, but Nintendo fans don't gobble up every third party game just because it's "popular" or was the thing to buy last generation.  They're picky and discerning and the developers are aware of this.

Portability/hybridability is a huge factor in why I buy many of the ports I have been buying. Especially since, unlike in previous generations of portable ports, we effectively lose zero gameplay quality in the transition. Yeah, sometimes we lose some visual quality, but the games are every bit as playable as their original versions, and THAT is why I believe we are getting so many old ports - there's ALWAYS been a market for portable versions, but now we can finally get those AND keep the quality! Plus it's nice to be able to plug it into the TV so effortlessly and still have the classic console experience.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I read "we made some money from diablo and that was sweet. We only think of the switch as a handheld though so don't expect the triple AAA experiences on the go that nintendo marketed to start with". Kind of the impression i'm getting from all the 3rd parties not named bethesda right now. It's a bummer but i guess it could be worse.

Nautilus said:
Starcraft Ghost(Nova single player game).Make it happen Blizzard!

every time i read that title, my heart remembers and breaks all over again. :( :( :( :(

Good, bought the game and am enjoying it. It's an ideal game to just flip on and kick back playing in handheld mode while watching TV.

Love to see Overwatch on Switch. I'd rebuy it just to play it handheld. 

Switch is my favorite console this gen overall but Overwatch is probably my favorite, most played game this gen. So the two together would be tight..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

shikamaru317 said:

Hearthstone seems like a no-brainer. You can play it on a potato smartphone, should run on Switch no problem. Overwatch seems like a strong contender as well. The system requirements for the lowest settings on PC aren't that much higher than Switch's specs, with some console optimization and a few extra graphical downgrades Overwatch should be able to run on Switch.

I am able to run it on a 10+ year old PC with a Core 2 Quad, 4GB DDR2 in single channel and a Geforce 1030. Runs 50fps no problems at around 720P.

Other rigs of a similar spec tend to hit 60fps solid thanks to being in dual-channel DDR mode... So it bodes well for a potential Switch port anyway, don't expect Xbox One levels of visuals though... But Overwatch seems to look okay even on lowest thanks to Blizzards generally strong Art direction over graphics effects.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--