By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The state of this forum

TalonMan said:
Bristow9091 said:

Ah, I didn't know if it had been finished yet, I see it in our tools but I was under the impression that it was still a work in progress (Maybe I got it confused with board bans, lol), and I've not had a situation where I've needed to use it yet either lol... my bad :P 

Yeah - thread bans are available (feel free to kick @kirby007 from any thread you like!), but board bans are not...

...and no, thread bans will NOT count against Ban Badges - unless you want me to, Kirby?

Nah i would like the option that i can still sort the Prediction league but would be banned from posting if i truely deserve it. Not just a thread ban but a full forum ban

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
kirby007 said:
Says the guy who cant recognise true alts lul

Says the guy who can't get people to join his prediction league lul :P 

... I actually have no idea how successful it's meant to be, nor do I care since it's not necessarily something I'm interested in (Sorry lol, I know you put a lot of work into it), but the number of entries does seem to be dwindling :o 

Thats because you banned all users who actually participate haha

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

mZuzek said:
Bristow9091 said:

Nah, just a bit of banter :P I actually respect the work Kirby has been putting into his Prediction League, despite having nothing to do with it myself, lol

You are an evil soul.

By the way, does anyone care about the prediction league?

Most people care more about the notifications from the PL then the PL itself

The main reason I don't post much anymore (on any gaming forum, not just here) is that I feel like I don't have much to say in regards to gaming. Most of the games I play have been out for quite some time so there is no active discussion (last two games I beat were Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania on my NES Classic), and I don't find most of the other conversation warrants more than a one sentence post. There isn't really very much this site could do about that other than releasing interesting analyses of games/game design which is a lot to ask.

I appreciate all the work you guys are putting into this place (seriously, from a functionality perspective this site is miles improved from the state it was in a few years ago), but what we need is more from the user/content end, not from the site/charts (imo).

Ye i dont even remember the last good rolstoppable thread

Around the Network

1. D21lewis ALWAYS has the best responses.

2. On the prediction league : Yeah, I think interest is dying because without reliable weekly charts, what's the fuckin' point? I really miss doing it, but given the state of things it feels like a waste of time. Having read through some of the sticky forums I totally understand where you guys are coming from and do not want to "bash" you guys at all but, I just fundamentally disagree with reporting shipment data. Lest ye forget E.T. (Atari) shipped over 1.5 Million copies. Would that be useful for chart/sales analysis or Game performance thread discussion?? No.

3. I love this site, and If there are "entry level" or whatever things you could use volunteers for I'd be happy to help if I can.
Oh! AAAnd Thank you very much for bieng the ONLY site dedicated to this. Knew it, and have thoroughly appreciated it. I also still get annoyed by people in RL who try to make up their own sales "facts" about games like "Metal Gear 2:Snakes Revenge sold MILLIONS on the NES". Love bringing those people to Jesus when pulling this site up to pwn them.

BasilZero said:
Keybladewielder said:

Well, unlike that place you're describing, this forum is not a huge hive mind 

Edit: I think another problem is that sadly the site's numbers have the bad fame of being unreliable so less people are willing to check for numbers here.

I dont care for politics or any one's views on it.

I just go there for gaming news and announcements.

TalonMan said:

- I can't fix, what I don't know is broken - so if you tell me what the problem is that you're having with the dark theme, I'd be happy to fix

- Why on earth do you feel you need 2FA here?!?!? My freakin' online bank account (Wells Fargo) doesn't even require 2FA - this would be serious overkill. What gaming website do you go to, that requires 2FA? I have to see this for myself...?

- Again - without examples, I cannot help. I have not seen this website "disconnect every few min", but I'd be happy to look into if that's truly the case.

1. I just tried the dark theme and it looks better now than when I first tested it out (when you released it).

2. Just for security - every site that takes itself seriously has this. If you want examples, ResetERA and the current NeoGAF have the option to do this.

3. Literally the only site that has this issue, and it even happens on mobile - its not my home network because even when I use mobile data on my phone when I am away from home, it happens.

kirby007 said:
Thats cuz giving critism without proof and mindless bashing is the best way to give feedback, didnt you know Talon?

Maybe if you got your head out of your ass, you would remember me mentioning this on Discord (that and know how to actually spell too) l0l.

I'll probably get banned for this post but at this point, dont really give a shit, a flying fuck or whatever cheerio ass people think.

Maybe your location, sorry to say but you you provided 0% proof and helpfullness before, dont get mad at me for your own shortcomings

See?This is what I meant about fatigue.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

mZuzek said:
Nautilus said:

I think two more points should be noted: Competition and fatigue.Ill name people just for the sake of giving examples, I dont mean to fight or to provoke anyone.

Competition is pretty obvious.Discord have sucked alot of traffic from (probably) alot of forums, since it is more convenient for alot of people.

But I think that, at least for VGC, fatigue is the biggest problem of all.Not necessarily from the forum itself, but rather from its users.Its hard to explain, but I think that everyone who has been here at least two years or so understand the feeling its ideas being dismissed or disliked, of ideas that you are so passioned about and people brushing it off or being agressive.

And I mean, thats no one fault.I think we all here are passionate about a game or another, and about one or two topics.And the same will be true about the opossite, about people being completely oppossed about a stance or another.That on itself isnt a problem.Most of the users can take the hit and move on, or understands that its all a discussion and thats how things work.But then it happens one time.Then two.Then five.Then 10 times.By the time you noticed, you are either so used to the forum or so tired of your opinions being either treated as "garbage" or stupid, that you either lash out, or get tired of participating.

Just to give an example of this:I am certainly part of this trend, having recently discussed with Chazore on a similar level, when he made the topic about Epic buying Psyonix.I am one that dosent care that much about PC gaming(though I do play on PC) and favor more consoles, and Chazore is one that loves PC and(and thats my impression) cares little if nothing about consoles.So obviosly we didnt see eye to eye.But since I already had an history with him, here and on discord, I already started the discussion with my left foot.And while it was wrong, I will admit I enjoyed it.And I think thats one of the biggest problems of this forum.People, myself included, eventually takes things personally.I have been blocked off from Versus profile, I have been called a Nintendo fanboy worse than goodnightschroom(I think thats his name) by Pokoko(why, only god knows).

And that accumulates.And people stop discussing with you, with your threads.And you do the same.And thus the cycle continues.Thats why new users are so important, but they are not joining by the reasons people have already stated here.

I dont know, I dont think VGC is that bad in terms of engagement, but yeah we arent as active as Resetera.But I think thats also the reason why you feel as you do about this forum Zuzek, being so small that you know most users.

I don't mind that feeling of knowing mostly everyone, I think to some extent I already felt that way about the place a few years back. But there is a feeling of knowing everyone for a while, and that's worse. Back then you knew mostly everyone you were interacting with, but every now and then new users would pop up and it was always exciting, but now? Well, if you ask me what new user I'm excited about, I guess my answer would have to be Alchy. And that's very sad.

@bold, yeah I've had that happen to me last year when I briefly got into politics discussion (because screw the political scenario of Brazil), someone wasn't very happy with my point of view and I wasn't very happy with his. It wasn't too pretty, but let's just say he gave me minimal points on every round of the greatest user tournament this year.

I've also had that to a lesser degree, of feeling like no one cares or agrees with something you're highly enthusiastic about, with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, of course. But I've had that everywhere on the internet, so I've grown resistant to it. I can only pity the poor souls who cannot understand the brilliance of that movie.

...we need new people.

Yeah, we really do.

Just so that we have more Golden Sun fans here!NINTENDO, BRING GOLDEN SUN BACK!!!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

As someone else mentioned a few replies back, I’ve noticed the scrolling is bad lately. Pages often stick and the scrolling is not fluid anymore. I’ll be much happier to post more once that gets fixed. 😊