By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - This place is getting deserted, and we have to do something about it

I guess the threads popping up on the Hot Topics bar at the right aren't interesting at all. For me, at least. That, and a handful of people commenting on those tend to be highly unpleasant. I say certain offenders should be given the permanent boot. It wouldn't solve the problem of not many people here, but it would definitely help differentiate from the shit users and the good ones.

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
I guess the threads popping up on the Hot Topics bar at the right aren't interesting at all. For me, at least. That, and a handful of people commenting on those tend to be highly unpleasant. I say certain offenders should be given the permanent boot. It wouldn't solve the problem of not many people here, but it would definitely help differentiate from the shit users and the good ones.

You can select which forum boards are displayed in your Hot Topics.

Open Hot Topics.  Click the Show Filters option and deselect the boards you don't want to see.

Last edited by SpokenTruth - on 05 August 2020

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

It's been a few months so about time for this thread to get bumped again.

Moren said:

Probably thanks to the super high quality discussions we have had this month.

How was the the second half of 2020?

Is it me or have things really slowed down again? I think this is almost as quiet as I can ever remember the forums being, or close to it.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I like forums, and this is the only gaming forum I um actively using. I use forums since I was 13, but never gaming forums because users are generally a bunch of bullies 

The community here is really nice. Most of people are friendly and civic, I wonder if people having an average age over 30 makes things here more peaceful than webspaces filled with teenagers and young adults

I understand why people fear the forum will just decline is therms of usage until it eventually dies. As a newcomer I really hope it's not happen. First because without VGC I will be homeless, I love forums and can't really get into discussions in other social media.

Second because you guys do a damn great job with all sales, estimations and whatnot. This is literally the second best place in the whole internet to discuss numbers and data from entertainment industry (the best place imo is The Box Office Theory). I always pleased to lurk in all data threads people created here and it's so nice to see most of data is posted for the sake of celebrating the industry numbers rather than to flex and shade for annoying flaming rivalries (well, mostly at least)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Is it me or have things really slowed down again? I think this is almost as quiet as I can ever remember the forums being, or close to it.

No, you're not the only one. Recent Sundays have been incredibly barren, especially, and while numbers could say otherwise, it does feel silent. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
curl-6 said:

No, you're not the only one. Recent Sundays have been incredibly barren, especially, and while numbers could say otherwise, it does feel silent. 

I feel there is a general gaming lull and were seeing the reaction to it, in that less interesting news or new games equals less topics for threads leads to less discussion and that affects participation. usually around this time march-may we would start to see a few big games arrive and then slow down through the northern summer or southern winter where I live, and pick up around September but with covid adding to the natural slowing of output that happens with new consoles, plus the stock shortage means those delayed games should benefit from a hopefully stronger future supply giving them a much larger audience so there is no incentive to hasten production, so we should have little in the way of excitement until we get a brief sugar hit come E3 time.

Having said all this I will now start the BLAME GAME number one Spurg it his fault slackening off over covid has cost us 50k in his posts alone, then you have Rol turning into a pussy since he became Mister Pollster and finally Curl's inspiration has died and left him regurgitating question threads that have all been answered ever since Adam and Eve first set up EdenChartz.God using the tree of knowledge.

PS . Don't forget to thank me when you see the influx of lurkers creating accounts just to say I'm an idiot, my work here is now complete.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 16 April 2021

curl-6 said:

Considering I bumped this thread and nothing happened I'd say things have slowed down yeah lol. It'll probably pick up a bit in June since E3 is happening again.