Forums - Website Topics - This place is getting deserted, and we have to do something about it

Moren said:

Probably thanks to the super high quality discussions we have had this month.

Nice to see an uptick, there were certainly times when I worried the forum was starting to slowly die.

Hopefully the arrival of next gen re-energizes the site and gets us back to the kind of activity we saw early this gen.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Is it because of new users joining, or because users are posting more?

Place is definitely becoming a far-left ecochamber in politics, not really a friendly place it once was

Nothing to see here, move along

melbye said:

Place is definitely becoming a far-left ecochamber in politics, not really a friendly place it once was

wanna see actual farleft go to resetera

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I haven't been here long enough to notice, is it a user problem or a mod problem? I've seen many sites start to thin out due to mod abuse. When posts get removed or edited that aren't against any rules and there's no admin to reel the bad behavior, it snowballs. I mean look at Gamefaqs. They're literally piles of shit running the place and the users ask why activity is down. Amazon used to have a huge forum and like a couple more I frequented they closed up. Dunno if trolling or spambots pushed them over the edge though.

I don't like the media or follow the news. I visit forums for gaming and tech topics mostly. Last thing I wanna see is the type of stuff that always creates a ruckus - politics, religion, etc. But you can't put a blanket over those subjects or a lot of people will whine about it. Oh well...

Around the Network

I've been visiting this website very frequently over the past 12 years, but I didn't bother making an account until now. The reason why I decided to make an account now was because I really wanted to post a comment on some kind of "How many PS4 games have you purchased thread", my comment was 1 character long and it read "4"

Making an account after all these years in order to post "4" must surely be a good life decision, that I absolutely won't end up regretting eventually.

melbye said:

Kirby beat me to it but if you think VGChartz is far left you must not have been to resetera. I lean left myself and even for me that site is too much.

Personally, I avoid the politics section of the forum and my time here has improved dramatically since I removed it from my hot topics.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I may not be very active at the forums, but I visit this site almost every day. It's my primary source of gaming news, charts and I also like to see what people are discussing about.

My account was made in 2009, but I started my life at the forums for real in 2015. Now I really don't understand why it took me so long to join. Maybe I was a bit scared of something, but mostly of the users here are really good people, and I made a lot of friends along the way. However, I avoid politcs discussions. The main reason I post in this site is because of gaming, entertainment and to escape some real life problems. I don't think getting mad at people online is a good thing.

What people must understand is that VG Chartz has a lot of decent members. I would say the vast majority of them are good users. They must know that if they register and start discussing about gaming without being harsh at others, they will be very well received. And, if like me, they don't feel like talking about one or another particular thread, they can just avoid it. Nobody will force them to join.

NyanNyanNekoChan said:
I've been visiting this website very frequently over the past 12 years, but I didn't bother making an account until now. The reason why I decided to make an account now was because I really wanted to post a comment on some kind of "How many PS4 games have you purchased thread", my comment was 1 character long and it read "4"

Making an account after all these years in order to post "4" must surely be a good life decision, that I absolutely won't end up regretting eventually.

Truly a life changing moment.

...man, this thread just keeps on going, huh. Always someone to bump it every now and then. Gotta say, I didn't do exactly much about it, I've been less and less active since then

melbye said:

Right wing politics are welcomed, just be prepared to support your policies and ideologies with facts and data.  If you can't do that then I can understand why you'd feel that's unwelcoming.

That said, this isn't a politically based forum. Don't want to talk politics, don't go in that sub-section of the forum.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."